Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Council Tax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Council Tax
    Posted: 12/March/2018 at 21:50
Hiya

Does anyone on here flit between UK and Portugal and keep both homes going and if so, are they entitled to reduced Council Tax charges in UK? Planning our move later in year and giving up work and will live off work pensions and savings.

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links

hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2018 at 23:38
OK I've fallen for your windup!!!!!!!!!
Do the binmen still walk past your house to collect your rubbish?
Do the street light come on? Etc. etc.,
To pay rates when your absent is a small price to pay for the pleasure of your time in Portugal.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2018 at 00:17
Yes, in answer to your first question and no in answer to the second question. And it doesn't work the other way either.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2018 at 15:07
Thank you Dicey.

Thank you Dicey,as we are bringing our pets over to Portugal we will rarely be back in the UK, hence the reason for my question.

Hamlet, I am not one to shirk my responsibilities and have always paid my way and still am as I am currently still in full time employment, my 40th year in fact. As you say, the pleasures of Portugal will outweigh.

Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic