Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's Next??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 74757677>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 09:42
Two weeks today and we'll be back - 1st May until 17th June.
Strange what you say CCO as last year, for almost identical period, our Easyjet flights (2 x return) cost £149 and this year it was £95.
Same for our September/October trip - last year £141, this year £123.
We've just booked outward flights for our January/February visit - last year £49, this year £42.
So no inflation on Easyjet
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 15:23
Dicey, What a contrast that is compared to Jet2, they have released S19 holidays in the last few days. Thought I would check like for like with our 3 week break in Sept/ Oct this year. Over £700 more for next year for the two of us. Scary prices.
I know I will probably get cheaper booking independently but there usually wasnt much difference until now.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 19:45
Jet2 Flights x2  = £610 inc meal &seat   
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 19:46
I know that I haven't booked any "post brexit" (after March 2019) flights yet but I don't think that's going to make much difference. If everybody follows the Jet2 examples as described above and put up their prices by an extortionate amount then there won't be many holiday makers visiting anywhere.
As that's no good for either the UK or Countries in Europe then common sence will prevail because it will be in everyone's interest to keep fares low.
If not the likes of Spain & Portugal won't get many UK visitors next year when everbody heads for North Norfolk instead Wink.
As for Brexit affecting the exchange rate then that's just a red herring. Anybody who travels frequently knows that the £/Euro rate has been down in the 1.10's to 1.20's many times before during the last 15 years or so and long before Brexit was even thought of.
And low exchange rates made little difference to flying costs then so why should they now?
Likewise I don't remember high exchange rates making any difference either.
If you're wanting to take a Jet2 holiday in 2019 then I think you'll find that they will soon see sense when they get no bookings and reduce their prices accordingly.
They're as much in the dark as everybody else about what's going to happen and therefore there is no justification for these inflated 2019 prices.
They're scaremongering, guessing and hoping to make a quick profit.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 09:51
Actually the £ to € rate has not been down to the 1.10s and 1.20s many times. It was that low for a number of years after the worldwide recession hit, but was recovering nicely until Brexit, then it dived again, people "celebrating" that it's now €1.16 are just weird (or NFN... Wink).

Check out the facts here...

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-EUR-1999  
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:11
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Actually the £ to € rate has not been down to the 1.10s and 1.20s many times. It was that low for a number of years after the worldwide recession hit,
OK, wrong choice of words, which is also NFN, should have said -
"Anybody who travels frequently knows that the £/Euro rate has been down in the 1.10's to 1.20's for long periods before over the last 15 years or so and before Brexit was even thought of."
Either way, everyday airfares between the UK & Europe next year will not be anywhere near  £500+ for a round trip. They'll be more or less the same as now.

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:32
I tend to agree with that, depending on where you are flying from and as long as you book well enough in advance... Friend trying to book for this September from Scotland is looking at over £500 for Prestwick and closer to £650 for Glasgow. Hopefully that will drop - but unlike your good self they are tied to dates with their accommodation, so have to take a gamble or book from somewhere like Manchester.   
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:44
Jet2 are ridiculous prices. Since the demise of Monarch we’ve done four trips out here, have two more booked and have also booked to Corfu.
Doing web searches via a variety of different engines, all seven of those bookings are with Ryanair based on price alone.
Jet2 are sometimes treble, very often double the cost, always way more expensive.
I can only think they fill seats as part of their holiday packages, they can’t be filling them by selling flights only!
Andrew
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:58
Since selling our apartment in 2012 we haven't been over in July, usually we prefer May or September or basically when we spot a flight bargain. However we are coming over this July courtesy of Jet2 as there were seats to be had at a decent price, flying from Manchester, on par with Ryanair but much better flight times. I'm not having a go at Ryanair either, I use them a lot without issue, it's just this time Jet2 were the best option everything considered.
Regular Visitor
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 14:15
Fair comment, it’s amazing the different experiences we are finding isn’t it.
Likewise, Ryanair, we always used Monarch, when they went we were very dubious of Ryanair with stories you hear and the press they get, they’ve been absolutely fine, no problem, and good service. I think half of it is just Mikeys PR style.
Maybe one day Jet2 will have a flight out of Brum which is comparable and we’ll happily give them a go, but so far, they are silly money compared to others, that said, Tui are the same, silly money.
Andrew
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 21:50
We have always used Ryanair..only reason cost..We are now finding Easyjet prices are getting nearer comparison wise so always check them out.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 21:55
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Fair comment, it’s amazing the different experiences we are finding isn’t it.
Likewise, Ryanair, we always used Monarch, when they went we were very dubious of Ryanair with stories you hear and the press they get, they’ve been absolutely fine, no problem, and good service. I think half of it is just Mikeys PR style.
Maybe one day Jet2 will have a flight out of Brum which is comparable and we’ll happily give them a go, but so far, they are silly money compared to others, that said, Tui are the same, silly money.
We have always used Ryanair..only reason cost..We are now finding Easyjet prices are getting nearer comparison wise so always check them out.
Big Col View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2018 at 10:24
Just 6 sleeps until our second visit of the year. Glad to see the weather seems to be improving too.
Colin
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2018 at 13:18
Arriving next Wednesday same as Big Col, this will be our fifth trip since March. Over again on 8th July for the month.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2018 at 18:25
Week on Wednesday 27th June staying Tropical Sol. Looks like good timing weather wise
cameronout
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 74757677>
  Share Topic