Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats put you in a grump today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2012 at 19:49
Mmm... We use Monarch, and that does sound pricey.
We paid £346 for Sept, for Tom's bash, from Birmingham, but that includes £16 for two brekkies on board on way out and £70 for the front seats both ways, so without it would have been £260 for two of us return...
I find, on the Monarch site, if you're flexible on actual dates, click on month view, you can soon see where the cheapest flights are, usually Tue or Wed, and moving a day or two, forward or back can often save 50% or more!
Our August flights, staying an extra day saved us 25% on our overall return fare, 25% off to stay a day extra? Go on then, twist my arm! ;-)
Andrew
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2012 at 21:52
We usually pay around 200 for the 2 of us, hand luggage only, with Monarch or Jet2. There is only a couple of pound difference between the 2 airlines. Usually go May and September. As you say if you can be flexible on the days it makes a big difference.
Loving it in the sun

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2012 at 22:17
Just looked again at Monarch for Sept and gone up again, now £405. dam blast Annoyed, but we will be there hell or high water. Jet2 are advertising 10% off all return flights and hold baggage but they are crafty as they have increased the price of their flights to compensate for it.
Andrew the problem is we need an afternoon flight going out due to family commitments and they only do them on Thursdays in September.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 09:18
Ah, I see!
Don't forget Monarch are also doing £10 off each return flight, the discount code, currently, is 'WARMUP'.
Andrew
tiganut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 09:55
Is it my imagination,or is Faro now one of the dearest destinations in Europe?
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 10:23
Andrew the WARMUP discount is only for flights up to 31st May. Maybe they will come up with another one for later months.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 10:56
You're right JJ, but there's nearly always a code to be had, they e-mailed me another one which overlapped with 'warmup' and there's usually one in the current flight brochure, we go 3 weeks tomorrow so I'll have a butchers.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 15:18
Took a new pencil from the box. Sharpened it. Lead broke. Sharpened it again. Lead broke again. Repeat ad nauseam. Another 3p down the drain.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 15:33
Tom, count yourself lucky you haven't a 6 yr old who want 20 crayons sharpened, all of which have been battered on tiled floors - easier to buy a new set than loose feeling in fingers from sharpening
ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2012 at 14:24
another round of redundancies announced at lunchtime rolling eyes
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2012 at 18:33
I hope you were not included and your job is safe.
Loving it in the sun

ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2012 at 20:08
Dont know yet Elaine, just a case of wait and see.  It happened a few years ago and I was lucky then - that was departmental but this time its the whole firm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2012 at 21:34
I am sure everyone on the forum hopes it's not your turn this time.
Loving it in the sun

Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2012 at 22:07
Smile  Good luck, hope you're job is safe.
Christina James
ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2012 at 08:29
Thank you for your comments - i think i might trawl the job sites and have a look whats available - i think if i am lucky again this time it might just be a case of delaying the inevitable!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
  Share Topic