Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2018 at 16:27
Thermometer has just reached 40 in the shade. It is seriously hot here, and certainly on a par with some of the crazy temps we’ve experienced in Greece in the height of summers past. There is still some hazy cloud around and a bit of breeze, but the heat is so, that it feels like it’s coming from a fan heater.
Not looking forward to the walk out this evening, and if it wasn’t for that ice cold glass of lager calling out to me, I think I would be staying put 🍺
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2018 at 08:17
I call that blast furnace weather and I admire your resolve, I’d have caved in to the cold lager and or g & t’s well before!
👏
And IPMA, who I’ve said before normally under call it, are forecasting 39 for today, so brace yourself for more of the same, scorchio!
Andrew
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2018 at 11:21
For once I'm not really jealous of the weather in Albufeira, happy with the mid twenties here in Dublin. Surprised
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2018 at 11:56
Got 38.8c at noon in shade with a breeze past sensor......
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2018 at 12:40
Originally posted by ClaireKildare ClaireKildare wrote:

For once I'm not really jealous of the weather in Albufeira, happy with the mid twenties here in Dublin. Surprised

Me neither, still in the low 30's here in North Norfolk and that's just fine.
Had a smidgeon of rain last weekend for a couple of hours but we missed all the really heavy stuff.
Been another glorious week and everywhere is jam packed with tourists.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2018 at 17:42
Had some rain today which should go some way to rectifying the gardens, etc. Our football pitch looks and sounds like walking on Wheatabix!

BBC just mentioned a wildfire near Monchique with 200 fire fighters in attendance?
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2018 at 12:46
IPMA say 36 today, the BBC say 27! What’s that all about?
Perhaps someone could tell us later what it actually was, cheers in advance.

Addendum. Steve Wright on BBC Radio two said at 2.30 this afternoon Albufeira was already 30 degree’s, he wants to tell his company’s weather men!
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2018 at 10:14
Think we got to 34 at some point
Jock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2018 at 11:17
Weather and weather reports have all gone downhill since we changed from Good Old British Centigrade to Celsius.  Standards are slipping all the time.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441
  Share Topic