Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 05:29
Well it turned out to be fine.
Big banks of cloudy over the hills inland but blue sky along the coast.
A bit of a breeze that just took the edge off the temperature on the beach but it was warm enough.

However, it's a very dull & very grey start this morning.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 08:19
I don’t think I’ve seen this before but, again according to the BBC, it is warmer in the Midlands than in Albufeira, by several degrees, for the whole next ten days! They are forecasting 25 for Sunday and BH Monday here and just 21 for Albufeira. Most unusual, have seen it for isolated days but for a prolonged period? Very rare.
Andrew
cameroncleggout View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 10:20
I don`t think this " Strange Weather" is as  unusual as some are making out. Reason being that for each of the last 12 years we have visited Albufeira in Mid - Late June. And as far as I recall, almost every year as we approach our holiday the weather in Algarve is somewhat mixed and on occasion has even caused us to fret that we may be in for a spot of rainy during our holiday. However it seems that every year just before Portugal Day (10th June, I believe) the weather breaks and Full Sunshine takes over for the next four months or so.
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 11:15
Cool and cloudy so far today. Temperature at 1110am is 19.6ºC, cloud covers the sky and there is a light breeze. Max today 22ºC, should stay dry.

Tonight it could be as low as 13ºC.

Tomorrow will start off much the same, but showers will be coming our way from lunchtime onward.  Similar temperatures. Same goes for Thursday and in fact into the weekend although the chances of rain get less by Saturday.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 48 minutes ago at 10:12
It's bright with high cloud at the moment, but little wind. Temperature at 1006am is 21ºC. It is looking cloudy out to the east, showers are expected across the region this afternoon but I cannot see any coming our way just yet. Temperature won't rise to much above 23 or 24 today with the cloud coming in.

Tonight we shall have around 16 along the coast, a bit cooler inland.

Showers are likely again tomorrow and Friday, top temperature not much more than 21ºC. The weekend isn't look too wonderful either, more of the same. The cause is a depression sitting off the western coast causing winds to swirl around bringing in damp air from across the sea.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437
  Share Topic