Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 09:58
Another sunny day, not a cloud in the sky and almost no wind. Temperature at 0955am a very acceptable 22ºC.  A very pleasant day is expected, temperature up to 27ºC this afternoon. A fairly warm night will follow, no lower than 15ºC, a bit higher along the coast. A very similar day is expected tomorrow, Friday might be a touch cooler with some clouds around.

There is a slight chance of a shower or two over the weekend as a weather front crosses the region, but temperature will still be in the mid 20's. Next week, pretty much the same but without the 'threat' of showers.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2018 at 10:17
Nice sunny day, a bit breezy today. Temperature at 1015am is 23ºC. Forecast says we will have 25 later, could be more. A warm night in prospect with the wind from the south, 16 at worst.

Tomorrow could be a little bit cloudy and only 25ºC but otherwise a pleasant enough day. Most of the country is expecting rain over the weekend. We should be mostly dry here but there is a chance of showers, especially on Sunday. Temperatures will still be in the mid 20's. Next week the wind will still be from the south and, although it could be quite cloudy, the daytime temperature could reach 30ºC this time next week.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 09:22
Bright outside except rather misty looking out to sea. Temperature at 0920am is 21ºC. Hardly any wind, but still feels hayfevery. Today will be cloudy at times, top temperature only 24ºC so dress properly if venturing outside.

It will be fairly warm again tonight, 15 or 16ºC at worst.

Saturday will be cloudy but warmer, wind will be coming from the south. Sunday might not be a very nice day. Heavy possibly thundery showers are expected across the region.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2018 at 09:45
Situation this morning very like yesterday, mostly sun with a little cloud and a light wind. Temperature at 0940am is 21.6ºC. It will get more and more cloudy as the day goes on, temperature will rise to around 27ºC. Tonight won't be too bad at 15 to 17ºc.

The threat of thunderstorms has been removed from tomorrow's forecast, but there is still a fair chance of some showers. Temperature Sunday will be around 25ºC.

Monday could be touch cooler still, showers maybe as well. The rest of the week will be a mix of sun and cloud, maybe a few bits of rain, temperature in the mid 20's daytime, 12 - 14 at night. That's about average for mid May.

And it is still hayfever time.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2018 at 14:43
Update 1530hrs - Thunder, lightning and a hailstorm now in progress!

Sorry there was no weather earlier, had to leave home a bit sharpish and earlier than expected. Anyway, it was a nice morning, 24ºC, but as lunchtime came the clouds began to build up and there were a few spots of rain around 13.30.

Now at 1440 the temperature is 23.2ºC, it is windy and cloudy. There are a couple of areas of very heavy and thundery rain showing up to the north-east and these may be coming our way for later.

It won't be too bad tonight, around 14 or 15ºC. Tomorrow and the rest of the week is looking slightly unsettled, a fair to middling chance of rain from Wednesday onward and temperatures in the low rather than mid 20's.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2018 at 15:35
Not something we can often say but today we can, it’s warmer here in the West Midlands than it is in Albufeira!!!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2018 at 15:36
Update 1530hrs - Thunder, lightning and a hailstorm now in progress!
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2018 at 08:39
According to the BBC I can say it again today, 23 degrees here, just 21 in Albufeira, what’s going on?
Andrew
p.oleary7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2018 at 14:22
Hey all, 

Firstly, apologies if I'm not correctly posting (I'm a new user to the forum) who is intending on travelling to Albufeira in June with my family.

I know it's too far out to predict accurately, but with the current weather situation being a little unusual I'm wondering what we should expect for the start-mid June? We're travelling from the 10th - 19th June, and wondering what type of temperatures/weather we should expect.

Again, apologies if I've mis-posted.

Regards,

Patrick
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2018 at 15:55
Well normally in the middle of June we would be expecting daytimes to be in the 25 - 28ºC range, night-times 17 - 20 and rain almost unheard of.

But we had weather hotter than that in April!

All fingers crossed the proper weather will return.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2018 at 15:56
Dunno, weather gone all silly again. Cool and breezy here this morning. Temperature at 0925am is 18.5ºC, a thin veil of cloud is almost hiding the sun. We are expecting a cloudy day, temperature no higher than around 22ºC. It should stay dry. Tonight the temperature will fall to around 14 or 15ºC. Not much change in the weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday. The expected temperatures are slightly below average for the time of year.

There is a pretty good chance we will get some rain later on Wednesday and also on Thursday. The whole week and next weekend doesn't look too settled, a mix of clouds and sunny spells, rain is fairly likely.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 05:29
Well it turned out to be fine.
Big banks of cloudy over the hills inland but blue sky along the coast.
A bit of a breeze that just took the edge off the temperature on the beach but it was warm enough.

However, it's a very dull & very grey start this morning.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 08:19
I don’t think I’ve seen this before but, again according to the BBC, it is warmer in the Midlands than in Albufeira, by several degrees, for the whole next ten days! They are forecasting 25 for Sunday and BH Monday here and just 21 for Albufeira. Most unusual, have seen it for isolated days but for a prolonged period? Very rare.
Andrew
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 10:20
I don`t think this " Strange Weather" is as  unusual as some are making out. Reason being that for each of the last 12 years we have visited Albufeira in Mid - Late June. And as far as I recall, almost every year as we approach our holiday the weather in Algarve is somewhat mixed and on occasion has even caused us to fret that we may be in for a spot of rainy during our holiday. However it seems that every year just before Portugal Day (10th June, I believe) the weather breaks and Full Sunshine takes over for the next four months or so.
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2018 at 11:15
Cool and cloudy so far today. Temperature at 1110am is 19.6ºC, cloud covers the sky and there is a light breeze. Max today 22ºC, should stay dry.

Tonight it could be as low as 13ºC.

Tomorrow will start off much the same, but showers will be coming our way from lunchtime onward.  Similar temperatures. Same goes for Thursday and in fact into the weekend although the chances of rain get less by Saturday.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 566>
  Share Topic