Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2017 at 09:26
Yep, yesterday was blast furnace el scorchio, we hit 35 degree's, today is forecast hotter! Add to that not a cloud to be seen, not a breath of breeze, brace yourself.
As always there were some very silly people on the beach, they'll be paying a price for that. Be sure to be sensible in this sort of ferocious sun guys and galls.
What are July and August going to be like? If we have this in mid June never mind a couple of days touching 40 we could be having a lot!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2017 at 10:29
Very hot! Temperaure at 1020am here in the uplands of Páteo is 32ºC. there is a light breeze up here, not a cloud in the sky. The air is very dry, so it's not mega uncomfortable from that point of view.

Max temperature around today is expected to be 36ºC. Several parts of the country including the Lisbon area are on RED alert for high temperatures, which are forecast to be 41ºC up there. Thay must be close to any record for June.

Tonight will be quite warm at beteen 22 and 24C but with the dry air it won't be too sweaty.

There will be a slight change tomorrow, some cloud will help bring temperatures down to 33 or 34. Monday is expected to be cooler still, a reasonable 31ºC.  That will be the case for next wek as a while, a bit cloudy with daytime temperatures only in the 30 - 32 range, night-times 18 or 19.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2017 at 10:46
What temps are you getting at night near the sea? Forget the 18 to24 you've mentioned the forecast is for, for last 2 days. we were still 29C at midnight and when I left Oura at 21.30 it was still 31C
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2017 at 17:47
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

What temps are you getting at night near the sea? Forget the 18 to24 you've mentioned the forecast is for, for last 2 days. we were still 29C at midnight and when I left Oura at 21.30 it was still 31C

I don't know for sure,  but yesterday it seemed a bit cooler down on the beach itself. But when I was out on the evening of Thursday, with the heat radiating from the walls and streets, it was still probably still in the high 20's at nearly midnight when going home, but a few gusts of wind were in evidence. Pity there isn't a mobile temperature app but perhaps when out at night next week I will take a thermometer with me. Sad or what!

Anyway, at 1745hrs here in Páteo it is 31.1ºC.

There are a lot of pretty hefty thunderstoms to the north, anyone flying today may get a good view and perhaps a bumpy ride. There's another new toy on the weather website - go to http://www.ipma.pt/pt/otempo/obs.satelite/index.jsp and choose satelite MSG3, in the next boxes down choose 'Cominado' and 'Portugal Continental' for a space eye view.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2017 at 08:39
Last night, 2130hrs, it was 28.9ºC here. At midnight 27.4, at 6am 27.1. It's still very dry air so not uncomfortable although I was more on bed rather than in bed!

Now it's 0835am, the sun is up. Temperature 28.8ºC and rising. Blue sky, almost no wind.

Top temperature today 34ºC, it could get a bit cloudy later. Official forecast says 22ºC tonight, we know it will be more than that.

Monday will be a cloudy day and 31ºC, Tuesday perhaps a bit cooler, 29ºC. The rest of the week will see little change, daytimes 29 - 32ºC, night times mid 20's.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2017 at 09:41
It's blowing a gale! We've had some very different weather this past week, the one consistent thing has been that it has been hot, mostly low to mid thirties.
Today grey blanket cloud out to sea looks threatening, high misty cloud over us, the sun is there and we are at 24 already, but the wind is puffing and blowing for sure.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2017 at 12:12
Definitely windy this morning, the sea looks a little choppy. Temperature at 12noon here in Páteo is 30.7ºC, it's rather more humid than it has been lately.

It is a little less hazy now than it was earlier, but there is still some cloud around to keep the temperatures down a bit. Perhaps we coudl see 33ºC later.

Tonight will be fairly warm , 23 or 24, maybe more but tomorrow is currently forecast to be a cool (relatively speaking) and cloudy day at only around 28 or 29ºC.  The cloud blanket will keep it warm at night, 22ºC then Wednesday may be cooler still at perhaps only 24.
Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2017 at 12:59
It's a lot more bareable today thankfully, managed to go for a stroll without boiling to death 😂. That breeze is lovely too saying that my phone app says 29c
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 08:54
Rather windy it is this morning. Sky is a little hazy out to sea, clear overhead. Temperature at 0830 am was 26.7 which will rise to 29 or 30 later, so not quite as hot as it has been.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 16:20
Bah gad, it's 'ot!
Thermometer says only 31, there is still intermittent breeze but it feels way hotter than that, it must be the humidity.
Earlier we set off on a walk, with the breeze we thought it would be okay, it wasn't! Five minutes into the field, turn round, forget it, we'd have got fried!
Only saving grace, the sun is over the yard arm now so time to sort the g & t's, much needed in these conditions!
Beer
Andrew
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 16:31
Sounds like a wise move to me Mr G...
Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 17:03
Its to hot for me managed a walk to the square and that was enough😂 its a good job the beers cheap and cold or i'd go home .... I've never experienced this heat in june before😑
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 17:40
Agreed Mr B...  it has to be done! Wink

A9NDY, fair point, on reflection I don't think I have known it this hot in June. I don't believe our thermometer though, still saying 31, it's several degree's hotter than that in my humble opinion! Twenty to six and it's still el scorchio!
Andrew
Linda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 18:06
Same in UK the heat has been something else! Just too hot. Geek  Cool
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2017 at 18:09
I've never seen the beach so quiet in june tbf i managed 30 mins yesteday and felt like I'd been cremated alive 😕 and gave up and retreated to my local ,victoria bar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 566>
  Share Topic