Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2016 at 10:54
It's been a very bright and breezy morning so far. Temperature at 9am was 18.3C, now at 1050am it's warmed up to 20.9C. The wind does seem to be dying down now. Sky is almost uniformly blue with those few streaks of high cloud.

Today we are expecting a high of 27C, so a bit warmer than yesterday. Maybe becoming cloudy later.

Tonight will see the temperature drop to around 15 or 16C. Friday and Saturday will be pretty much the same as today, then that waft of warmer air will be coming our way for next week, with temperatures into the low 30's. Apparently 34 is the record for September. Will it be broken?

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2016 at 12:08
"Apparently 34 is the record for September. Will it be broken?"

Already well broken Tom. IPMA reported Sept 6th was hottest day of the year with a recorded temp of 38.6c
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2016 at 08:53
A nice start to the day, clear blue sky and 19.1C at 0845am.  Once again, just the slightest of breeze.

High today 28C, the wind will increase later but clear skies will remain.

That means another fairly cold night, down to 15 or 16C in sheltered spots, 18 or 19C along the coast.

The weekend may be a little more cloudy, but temperatures will be in the high 20's in the daytimes. Temperatures next week are forecast to be in the low 30's before returning to seasonal norms of mid 20's by this time next week.

Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2016 at 12:33
"Fairly cold at night"

Agree, nearly that time of year to swap shorts for longs at night.

For the ladies....a glass of white wine, or fruit based drink, and a cardy.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Cass View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2016 at 13:02
Back home yesterday Bob, duffle coats and a woolly hat required here!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2016 at 11:07
Ho ho! Bright sunny morning here, not a cloud in the sky. Temperature at 1100am 23.1C, again only the slightest of breeze.

Today's maximum expected to be as much as 28C. Temperature will drop rapidly tonight to 17 or 18C though.

Not much change expected over Sunday and Monday although there might be some high cloud around, just keeping the sun off a little. Tuesday and the remainder of the week could see temperatures into the low 30's. Drops back to mid 20's next weekend.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2016 at 11:08
A very nice day so far. Mostly blue sky, a few bits of very high cloud, the barest ruffle of the leaves and 23.7C at 1103am. Today's high perhaps 28C then down to 17 or 18 again tonight.

Tomorrow will be slightly cloudy and perhaps only 27C, Tuesday is expected to be warmer, temperature rising to 30C where it should stay until Friday.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 07:36
Nothing much to do this morning so I've looked back at the weather history over the last 30 years for the next 6 days.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 10:42
Interesting numbers. This year though little or no chance of any rain this week.

Last night it stayed warmer than I expected. In my little heat trap out the back it was still 21C at midnight.

This morning the sky is completely covered by cloud. Temperature at 1035am is 23.9C, humidity a comfortable 49%. Once again, there is only a slight breeze, from the south-west for a change.

High today could be 28 or 29C if the sun breaks through the cloud. The cloud blanket should mean a fairly nice night at around 19C.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be sunny days with temperature in the 29 -31C range, several degrees above the average for late September.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 06:45
25 degrees at 6am this morning
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 09:03
Looks like being a hot one today, Bright and sunny, not a cloud to be seen. Temperature in Páteo is at 9am is 22.8C (certainly not 26!) but looking to be as much as 31C later today.

Slight wind once more.

Tonight it drops down to 21C, not much change for tomorrow and Thursday with 29 - 30C, perhaps a bit more cloud.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 14:06
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Temperature in Páteo is at 9am is 22.8C (certainly not 26!)

I can assure you I wasn't seeing things Tom.
Both IPMA (Current Weather) and the default Windows 10 Weather App were showing the actual temp at 6am as 25 so I went outside & checked my thermometer.
That was showing 25 too.
This chart, for Faro up until 1pm today, shows the temp between 4am and 6am much nearer to 27 than to 21.
It then dropped just after 6am and was nearer to 21 degrees at 8am

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LPFR/2016/9/27/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Faro&req_state=&req_statename=Portugal&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=08554

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2016 at 11:48
The Páteo micro-climate is playing tricks! Anyway, today has been hot and sunny so far, also quite humid at 72%. Temperature at 1140am is 26.4C outside my back door in the shade.

There is a bit of a breeze just now. We noticed at Balaia yesterday how windy it was early in the afternoon.

Forecast high is 29C today. It wil be warmer tonigth than recently, no lower than about 20C here with the wind coming from the east. There will be little change over the next couple of days, in fact the 10 day forecast is saying it will stay around 28 - 30C for another week.

Most of the region is on very high or maximum fire alert, a fire is currently burning to the west of Monchique with 8 appliances, 1 aircraft and 35 firemen in attendance.
Albufeira Resident

tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2016 at 13:08
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Temperature in Páteo is at 9am is 22.8C (certainly not 26!)

I can assure you I wasn't seeing things Tom.
Both IPMA (Current Weather) and the default Windows 10 Weather App were showing the actual temp at 6am as 25 so I went outside & checked my thermometer.
That was showing 25 too.
This chart, for Faro up until 1pm today, shows the temp between 4am and 6am much nearer to 27 than to 21.
It then dropped just after 6am and was nearer to 21 degrees at 8am

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LPFR/2016/9/27/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Faro&req_state=&req_statename=Portugal&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=08554

Very interesting link.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2016 at 12:22
A bit hotter than yesterday so far, certainly it was warm enough last night that I was sleeping on bed rather than in bed.

Temperature at 1215 is 27.3C, fairly humid showing 66%.  There's a not a cloud in the sky and a bit of a breeze.

Not much change is expected any time soon. The weekend might be a little cooler at night but next week daytime temperatures are currently forecast to reach high 20's and then 34C by Friday and Saturday.

Thst's 10C above average for the time of year and that will mean that the contrast between 630pm and 730pm will be quite marked!

It also makes me wonder what's going to happen when the weather breaks. Another biblical storm?
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 566>
  Share Topic