Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2014 at 18:51
Well, 'twas indeed a beautiful day, topped at 30 degree's about 5.30pm and at 6.45pm it's still 29 degree's in the shade on our terrace, great day, great evening. Some cloud about but it seem's inland, it's stayed well away from us. Let's hope for many more like it.
Have to say, that IPMA forecast is about the most inaccurate I've come across, rain? 24, 25 & 26 degree's? Thunder and lightening for Thursday and Friday, really?
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2014 at 08:31
Mmm, am altogether cooler start to the day, pretty full cover of grey low cloud and slight breeze, feels damp also, currently just 20 degree's.
We'll just have to see if the sun is going to burn it off, IPMA thinks so as they're forecasting 30 degree's for today but the Weather Channel say's only 26, so take your pick and we'll find out in due course.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2014 at 11:30
It's still very cloudy at 1130am and quite misty out to sea. Temperature 22.6C, humidity 62%. No sign of any sun breaking through, so I doubt it will get much warmer despite the forecast of 28C.

It will be warm again tonight, around 20C, then Wednesday and Thursday less cloudy and perhaps up to 29C.  The current model shows nice weather until Sunday then turning cloudy with showers. There may be thunderstorms further inland.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
lucyr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2014 at 11:42
Welcome back, hope you had a good trip.
my beautiful portugal
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2014 at 15:04
A pretty nondescript morning, then at mid-day we noticed how much higher the cloud cover was and by 12.30 it was breaking up and moving out, West to East.
Temperature started moving pretty quickly, 1.00pm - 26, 2.00pm - 28 and at 3.00pm, now, it's a sweltering 32! I've double checked that, in the car, at the chemist, on my phone and on the pool thermometer and they all read, 32, and I think it's still rising! Gorgeous!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2014 at 09:43
Yes the cloud suddenly went yesterday and it became very warm in the afternoon. Perhaps the same today, as it is very cloudy at the moment, not much wind and 22.5C. The forecast is that the high clouds will stay but with the wind from the north it will reach at least 29C this afternoon.

It will be a warm night, 21C approx, tomorrow similar to today ie hot and dry then Friday may be a touch cooler but still 27C, much higher than the average for the time of year.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2014 at 11:23
It's very warm today, 25.6C at 1120am. It's bit hazy but the sun is there. The wind is very slight. Today's high could be around 29C this afternoon, way above average for the time of year.

The next few days will be mainly fine and dry, but there could be some thicker cloud tomorrow with a small chance of a light shower but temperatures staying around 29 or 30. After that, it's going to be pretty good weather with temperatures in the high 20's until at least next weekend, with no rain expected.
Albufeira Resident

Priest1955 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2014 at 12:27
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

It's very warm today, 25.6C at 1120am. It's bit hazy but the sun is there. The wind is very slight. Today's high could be around 29C this afternoon, way above average for the time of year.

The next few days will be mainly fine and dry, but there could be some thicker cloud tomorrow with a small chance of a light shower but temperatures staying around 29 or 30. After that, it's going to be pretty good weather with temperatures in the high 20's until at least next weekend, with no rain expected.

Thank goodness for that. I'm coming on Saturday, and the last time I looked at the forecast, it said rain Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Didn't think I'd need the sun cream. By next weekend, I'm hoping you mean Sat 11th Smile
toffeelady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2014 at 14:23

You must be looking at the same forecast as me then Priest1955 ha, we're over next thursday, the forecast i looked at said thunderstorms for friday, then partly cloudy sat/sun. Ive packed my suncream anyway, but as we have no control over the weather its not worth worrying about, we'll be in albufeira and not in work so thats fine with me Thumbs Up

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2014 at 17:04
I was in a resort to the west of Albufeira earlier today and it
33degs at 1pm, not bad for October.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2014 at 11:47
Warm again this morning and rather humid. 25.4C at 1140am, almost no wind and slightly hazy skies. if the sun does break through later we could easily see 30C, if not more as yesterday.

It will be warm again tonight, 20 or 21C. The weekend might be a touch cooler and with a little more cloud, but there is no immediate threat of any rain.

The 10 day forecast is showing dry and mostly sunny weather until next weekend when the prediction is for light showers. Unsettled weather is expected for the centre and north, which is where heavy showers and possibly thunderstorms may crop up.
Albufeira Resident

DazandMad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2014 at 14:00
It was scorchio down on the old town beach earlier :-)

Darren
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2014 at 08:49
It looks like being a nice day today. There is a gentle wind from the north, a little bit of cloud and it will stay dry. Temperature at 0845 is 22.2C, it's a little humid at 66%. This afternoon should see temperatures around 28C, which will feel hotter in town and perhaps a touch cooler up in the hills.

Tonight will be warm once more, no lower than 21 or 22C hereabouts. The next couple of days are going to be much the same, perhaps a little cooler but the warm north wind will still be with us.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2014 at 09:40
Freezing this morning. Temperature at 0935 is 21.3C, mostly blue sky with a few bits of high, streaky, cloud. There's a slight breeze coming down from the north.

Today's high will be no more than about 26C, so wrap up warm if going out later.

Tonight may see temperature drop to as low as 18C, tomorrow will be similar to today, a bit cloudy, then Tuesday will be another bright and sunny day with 28C the expected high.
Albufeira Resident

firsttimer18 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2014 at 14:00
How's the weather looking at the moment? Flying out today! Really that cold this morning? Where I am in the UK it's still 11c!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 566>
  Share Topic