Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Green tiled building is for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2016 at 08:45
How sad.
my beautiful portugal
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2016 at 10:47
What a shame. Would love to have seen it in all its glory when it was first built.
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2016 at 16:59
Tom or anyone else have you a photograph or painting of when it was originally built or at least before it got in such a sorry state.
Loving it in the sun

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2016 at 19:21
I've seen lovely colour photographs of it before it fell into disrepair in some restaurant but can't think which one for the life of me.... I'll rack my brains
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2016 at 11:01
Originally posted by A9NDY A9NDY wrote:

I've seen lovely colour photographs of it before it fell into disrepair in some restaurant but can't think which one for the life of me.... I'll rack my brains

So have I. There might be one in the Photo Sharing topic where Andrew and others have posted a lot of old photos of the town. I will rack my brain and search also.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2016 at 22:58
Rumour has it that said building has been sold ?!,has anyone heard anything at all ?...
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2016 at 10:40
I wonder if it would be allowed to be demolished.
Loving it in the sun

alison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2017 at 12:02
First of all Darling. Perhaps you should actually listen to what I said to you.
I never said that the tiles could not be made , I just said it would be expensive.
I don't expect private conversations to make it to the internet. I do not appreciate it.
Maybe someone who only visits Albufeira from America only once in a blue moon should be more careful.
I know I will be with you in the future.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2019 at 15:06
Someone has smashed a hole into the building allowing a partial view of the sorry state of affairs.

Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2019 at 11:55
There was a notice a couple of years ago that the building had been sold at Southebys, London.
Pyrman
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2019 at 20:00
Its still for sale .... listed on rightmove north of €1,000,000 both houses included , if i win the euro millions I'll put in an offer 😉
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2019 at 22:10
We were told by Alison from Bizzaro that it is owned by a Frenchman who doesn’t need to sell it cheaply.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2019 at 10:43
No doubt the owner is waiting for it to fall down so the cost of demolition is reduced. Won't be long. If the council has to take action because it becomes dangerous, the owner will get the bill.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2019 at 14:54
Still being advertised for sale. 

Asking price is €1,400,000
we're not brazil we're norn iron
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2019 at 16:27
And then you'd need about 300k to put both properties right .... but you'd get one of the best views and locations in albufeira
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
  Share Topic