Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show your favourite place

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 235>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sean67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 06:24
We re on the one road maybe the wrong road but we re together now who cares
sean67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sean67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 06:30
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 08:12
Yes a magical place indeed. Two beautiful little beaches, lovely colours. Man at one with nature, with a bird's eye view! Great camera work. Thank you.
deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 09:05
Thank you all for the wonderful pics.much appreciated.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 20:12
I was walking along Falesia Beach this morning & spotted something bright pink half way up the cliff face.
This is just where the Pine Cliffs Golf Course ends - you can see the fence posts sticking up where the 5th tee is.
Thought it was either a kite or a robe or something that had got caught up there.
On closer inspection it appears to be a plant with pink flowers, literally growing out of the cliff face.
Incredible to think that this could survive up there - almost entirely pink flowers & virtually no green foliage.

The view from the shore line with the plant more or less centre of picture. It's just to the right of the brown rock & half way up

A little bit closer, plant still more or less in centre

Closer still from a slightly different angle where the beach meets the cliffs

Have now climbed part of the cliff & zoomed in

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 20:30
A few more of Falesia Beach this morning

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 20:43
Sheraton/Pine Cliffs beach "protection" initiative.
As you can see, only 2 fully intact sand bags remain, in front of and to the side of, the Beach Bar.
All of the others have now been ripped to shreads leaving a rather ugly & dangerous situation for walkers & bathers alike.
They currently have only a few sunbeds out and the front row of these got wet this afternoon when the high tide came in.
It's a mess.
Probably should have posted this in "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"

simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 20:57
amazing how plants grow any were and survive yet a well looked after plant will died nature is amazing thanks for the picture Dicey
sean67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 21:11
great pics Dicey
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 21:32
Dicey,
Agree with you re. that "protection" stuff. If that's a private initiative, ie. The hotel, they should be made to rectify it, if it's the Camra, they should brace themselves for a few claims!
Either way, what a shame for that beach, eyesore, nature and trip/health hazard.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 22:05
Totally down to the hotel, probably with an ok/blind eye, by the Camra
It's definitely not good enough, particularly on a Blue Flag beach.
And this stuff is tough, catch you're foot in it unawares and you'll trip over, particularly when, like this afternoon, it was covered by the tide.
Second time they've tried something like this & both times it's failed miserably and there are still remanants of the first attempt in evidence.
Surely, as they put it there, they should be responsible for clearing it up - anybody else leaving their rubbish on a popular public beach & there would be hell to pay.
Funny thing is, just when you come off the beach & go up the walkway to the hotel there's a sign that says "Sheraton Hotel - Please protect the environment"
Are they having a laugh or what?

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2015 at 22:24
Dicey,
Thanks for the clarification and on the basis of that, I endorse your post, why the hell do the authorities allow a private enterprise to, basically, abuse a public open natural place, in this case a blue flag beach? Beggars belief.
Andrew
Calicos2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calicos2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2015 at 11:31
Great photos - many thanks. Not feeling that good of late and these are a real 'pick-me-up.' Thanks again.Big smile
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2015 at 13:05
Here's a nice colour, just around the corner from me, taken yesterday.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2015 at 13:48
Claret and blue? Nice colour? 😉
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 235>
  Share Topic