Print Page | Close Window

Looking for villa

Printed From: Albufeira.com
Category: Tourism / Turismo
Forum Name: Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
Forum Description: Give your opinion on Hotels in Albufeira / A sua opinião sobre alojamentos em Albufeira
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9377
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 08:14
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Looking for villa
Posted By: eire09
Subject: Looking for villa
Date Posted: 18/April/2016 at 23:28
Hi all
Looking to visit in May with out first baby who'll be four months.
Looking for private villa with pool and no car necessary!
Any ideas?

Replies:
Posted By: Jayjan
Date Posted: 19/April/2016 at 09:32
One of our new members  Oliya  has a villa in Oura but not sure if its available. I will contact her and ask her to reply to you.

-------------
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.

Posted By: john2604smith
Date Posted: 19/April/2016 at 10:30
I would use a rental company like owners direct or villa plus, if you don't want to have to use a car you will need to be near to Albufeira so you can walk to the beach or square for the restaurants and entertainment etc. Please bear in mind Albufeira is built into cliffs therefore there are a lot of steps and hills, so choose carefully or you could end up a long walk from the beach. Wink

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Posted By: Algarveaddick
Date Posted: 19/April/2016 at 10:40
Yes wise words John. Once you decide, I would check back on here (telling us the street name) before booking too, some agencies can be less than honest when describing locations...

Posted By: Oliya
Date Posted: 19/April/2016 at 11:38
I will try and message you, I have the perfect place that is specifically designed to cater for children....

-------------
Cheers !

Date Posted: 28/April/2016 at 00:36
Anyone else out there? thanks for the tips 😄

Date Posted: 28/April/2016 at 00:52
Did the lady contact you re her villa? Her rental prices are exceptionally reasonable compared to other places for the location.

-------------

Date Posted: 29/April/2016 at 00:05
Hi - yes she did but may be a little close to the strip for us and a little over our budget fhr just two of us! We just missed out on a lovely place by a day and was a great price

Posted By: stuart123
Date Posted: 03/May/2016 at 13:02
My apartment is still available eire09 !!

Date Posted: 03/May/2016 at 13:26
Thanks Stuart - still needing ground floor and are preferably looking for villa with a pool.
Many thanks though!

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 00:02
Anyone else? We've had to change our dates. Either a villa or ground floor accommodation 👍

Posted By: tiganut
Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 07:08
Seems like a bit of an ask here:-
Cheap
Villa or Ground floor
Near to shops etc,as no car
Pool
I think at least one will have to go.

-------------
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 07:41
Pretty sure that's what everyone's after no?!
Just trying to find the best option for our baby at the best price. Obv would compromise for the right property. I suppose the word 'cheap' is all relative to the person in question 😳
We are on a budget is all. Do you know of somewhere?

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 08:22
Villas', by their very nature, aren't "cheap"!  I know mine beats all of the same standard in the same area, so I know it is extremely good value for money (beats next door's Villa Plus rentals by up to £500 per week and they are marginally smaller). But if something is over your budget its over your budget !  Maybe get an aparthotel and ask for a ground floor room - Brisa Sol is good and walkable to old and new towns ?  Paladim is a good budget apart hotel not too far from Brisa Sol.

-------------
Cheers !

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 08:27
Thanks oliya - I'll look. Would just like to point out I never used the word cheap - that was tiganut.

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 10:24
I know it was !  ;-)

-------------
Cheers !

Posted By: Windmill Hill Boy
Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 11:00
I'll send you a PM with a potential compromise!

Posted By: Biggunspaul
Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 14:48
Do you have specific dates you want to go ?

What is your max budget?

How many of you are there ?

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 15:11
Hi there
Looking like 21st till the 28th may.
Have you somewhere?
We are anxious travelling with an infant - flights not booked as yet! First time parents 😂

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 15:12
Sorry there's two of us and an infant 👍

Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 15:27

Posted By: Patti
Date Posted: 12/May/2016 at 15:49
Eire09, Last year we were in brisa sol in a ground apartment facing the pool - same level as, young couple with baby were in apartment next door - was lovely but maybe too small for you

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 02:15
The only downside to apart-hotel - and in fact the reason we went to villa holidays - was that when the baby /child naps in the afternoon, one of you has to be in the apartment with them.  This is why we went to villas - we could put them in bed and enjoy our time relaxing by our own private pool but keep an ear out for them.

-------------
Cheers !

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 06:43
Yes oliya - this is true! Also as a nursing mum it would be nice to have the privacy 😄
Thanks everyone for your help!

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 17:23
Yes, I agree, its nice not to have to worry about baby crying in the night etc too.  Its the very reason we invested in our villa, we knew holidays with children would be so much easier with it.  And obviously we have the cot/highchair/baby bath/potty/toys etc there to make life even easier.  We love it, so I hope you manage to find what you want and enjoy it !

-------------
Cheers !

Posted By: Patti
Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 18:01
Funny we stayed in a friends beautiful villa and it was too quiet for me , I like seeing other people - but then we re all different

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 18:08
My children aren't quiet...especially when they're in the pool splashing and shouting - it wouldn't be fair to the general public to expect them to put up with my two LOL !  We also take them out to listen to live music and for dinner every night, so we get the best of both worlds :-)

-------------
Cheers !

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 18:11
And they won't go in the pool at hotels because they aren't heated, so its a right pain trying to wear them out for a long afternoon nap ....our pool is heated and warm and we can get 3 hours nap from one hour pool time....we have it almost sussed LOL.  ANything for an easy life....

-------------
Cheers !

Posted By: tonisdad
Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 19:06
Originally posted by Oliya Oliya wrote:

The only downside to apart-hotel - and in fact the reason we went to villa holidays - was that when the baby /child naps in the afternoon, one of you has to be in the apartment with them.  This is why we went to villas - we could put them in bed and enjoy our time relaxing by our own private pool but keep an ear out for them.

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 20:28
yes but they were off the premises of the apartment in a restaurant at the resort, no comparison with that situation and sitting outside at   your own villa pool area  & grounds 5 metres away from the childrens bedrooms & constantly listening  for them waking up.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 20:52
Pauline maybe the message I was trying to convey did not come over as I intended so I have removed it.
Put another way me personally would not leave a baby in an apartment/villa on their own where I don`t know who might have a key or such like for the door around the other side that you can`t see.
5 metres or 500 metres away.

Posted By: DICEYUK
Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:08
Originally posted by eire09 eire09 wrote:

Hi there
Looking like 21st till the 28th may.
Have you somewhere?
We are anxious travelling with an infant - flights not booked as yet! First time parents 😂

Sorry to be so blunt but I have followed this thread (without comment until now) and I don't understand what the problem is.
Why don't you do what everyone else does & look on hundreds of websites who will have hundreds of properties that are more than suitable for what you need.
They may not be perfect but they will be adequate for what you need and you will still have a great time.
The fact that you are travelling with an infant is no big deal - we've all done it as do 1,000's of people every week - everything will be just fine. 
As I see it you have now wasted almost a month (from your first post) hoping that someone can offer you something on the cheap.
Obviously the offers and suggestions you've had are, for one reason or another, not 100% what you want and don't tick all your boxes.
Solution - reduce the number of boxes that need to be ticked Wink
Since your first post the price of flights, which as I understand you have not booked yet, will have gone up and the cost of accomodation will probaly have gone up too - I assume you are talking about 21st to 28th May 2016 or is this part of a 5 year plan?
If you are on a budget there is no such thing as a perfect vila in a perfect location at a perfect price.
If you're going to go then just get on with it.

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:12
Wow Dicey that`s to the point!
Has it just sunk in I am sure Norwich will bounce back up next year all the best for next season from Middlesbrough.

Posted By: DICEYUK
Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:16
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Has it just sunk in I am sure Norwich will bounce back up next year all the best for next season from Middlesbrough.

Exactly - they need a kick up the backside
Re Norwich/Boro - posted this the other night
http://www.albufeira.com/forum/fizz-on-ice-at-diceys_topic9018_post97426.html#97426" rel="nofollow - http://www.albufeira.com/forum/fizz-on-ice-at-diceys_topic9018_post97426.html#97426

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:23
Can't be any worse than my  local team Bolton Wanderers. What a shower they are, played like duck eggs all season. BTW Dicey well said Clap re the topic in question , you have to compromise especially if you are on a budget. Smile
BTW Paul hope I didn't offend you with my comment 

-------------

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:35
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Exactly - they need a kick up the backside
Re Norwich/Boro - posted this the other night
http://www.albufeira.com/forum/fizz-on-ice-at-diceys_topic9018_post97426.html#97426" rel="nofollow - http://www.albufeira.com/forum/fizz-on-ice-at-diceys_topic9018_post97426.html#97426

Nice one Dicey I was rooting for Norwich I wanted Newcastle and Sunderland to go down being greedy us up them 2 down LOL

Posted By: Big Col
Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 21:48
Don't mention Newcastle!

Dicey, blunt but I couldn't agree more.

-------------
Colin

Date Posted: 14/May/2016 at 22:14
Sorry to bother you all! I thought this forum was here for a reason.
You don't know people's circumstances so shouldn't comment if you've nothing nice to say.
My husbands work has been an issue hence we've held out until his time is confirmed.
I'm a nervous flyer so hence ive been reluctant to book - esp with an infant which I do feel is a 'big deal' actually!
I have searched and will do things in my own time.
Thank you and good night

Date Posted: 15/May/2016 at 02:29
And clearly tonisdad has a problem with me letting my children sleep safely in my own villa !  What, precisely, is the difference between that and them sleeping safely at home....And what do you know  of the layout of my villa and its doors ?  I am really horribly offended that you would liken me to  idiots who think its OK to leave their children in a different building all evening.  Wow.

-------------
Cheers !

Date Posted: 15/May/2016 at 10:24
Originally posted by Oliya Oliya wrote:

And clearly tonisdad has a problem with me letting my children sleep safely in my own villa !  What, precisely, is the difference between that and them sleeping safely at home....And what do you know  of the layout of my villa and its doors ?  I am really horribly offended that you would liken me to  idiots who think its OK to leave their children in a different building all evening.  Wow.
#

If you read the post numpty it said BABY I ws not referring to you.

Date Posted: 15/May/2016 at 10:28
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Can't be any worse than my  local team Bolton Wanderers. What a shower they are, played like duck eggs all season. BTW Dicey well said Clap re the topic in question , you have to compromise especially if you are on a budget. Smile
BTW Paul hope I didn't offend you with my comment 

Yes very sad to see Bolton being so poor this season. Hope next season brings more joy.
And Pauline you did not offend me at all I have no problem with people having different opinions to mine. 

Date Posted: 15/May/2016 at 12:38
Hold on a minute

To book a villa for our latest trip it took me well over a month of constant searching through owners direct and home away and every other villa site before I managed to find one that suited our needs/wants.

To put things in perspective in regards to taking a little one.When myself and my partner go away we take our 4 children,1 who is a toddler and one who is a disabled teenager, we also take my disabled mother in a wheelchair and not forgetting the 4 x suitcases and hand luggage.We book the villa,the hire cars,airport parking and flights all ourselves with no help from anyone.

So to put it simple,if we can do it,anyone can do it.

Date Posted: 15/May/2016 at 17:01
One of mine is a baby-ish and it was my post you quoted, therefore my comments you took exception to. 

And there's no need to be so rude.  I didn't call you names, why call me names ?

-------------
Cheers !

Posted By: Jock
Date Posted: 16/May/2016 at 14:07
That became unnecessarily bad tempered.  We've probably lost a member.
A bad show altogether.

-------------
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams

Posted By: Valerio77
Date Posted: 19/May/2016 at 15:04
Hi ,
I rent a big vila whit 5 bedrooms garage, 3 bathrooms, big private gardens, a green house, 10 km from the aeroport
Minimum 7 guest Rental 50€ per day

-------------
Valério abreu

Date Posted: 19/May/2016 at 15:05
Facebook for more information and pictures

Valerio abreu

-------------
Valério abreu

Date Posted: 19/May/2016 at 15:13
I' ll rent a luxury villa whit 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms private gardens and big private car park
10 km from the aeroport

Minimum 7 guest 50€ per night special Price

More information
Facebook valerio abreu or call
00351 967670500
Valerio.ba.comercial@gmail.com

-------------
Valério abreu

Date Posted: 19/May/2016 at 15:19
I can get You a beautiful villa
Contact me on phone 00351 967670500
Valerio.ba.comercial@gmail.com

-------------
Valério abreu

Posted By: jamie415
Date Posted: 10/June/2016 at 14:52
Hi Oliya, I'm looking for villa around the Albufeira area in October-19th-26th, is your property available for that week, if so, could you send me some details/photos along with the price. 3 people, myself, partner and 1 child (14 years).

-------------
Regards
Jamie

Date Posted: 10/June/2016 at 15:05
Hiya, have sent you a PM !

-------------
Cheers !

Posted By: AndiMurrey
Date Posted: 17/June/2016 at 14:05
Hi! 
Check this catalogue http://https://tranio.com/rent/portugal/" rel="nofollow - https://tranio.com/rent/portugal/  There are some nice options with pools

Date Posted: 17/June/2016 at 15:42
Your  link doesn't work, comes up with  DNS server can't be found. Just checked website  through a google search and there are not many properties  showing on the Algarve and non in  main Albufeira  resort.

-------------

Posted By: Big Col
Date Posted: 17/June/2016 at 16:02
Quite handy then   

-------------
Colin

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 17/June/2016 at 16:09
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Quite handy then   
Possibly with a tennis racket! WinkTongueWink