Print Page | Close Window

Who's Next??

Printed From: Albufeira.com
Category: Tourism / Turismo
Forum Name: Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
Forum Description: Topic area unrelated to Albufeira / Área de Tópicos não relacionados com Albufeira
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6904
Printed Date: 19/April/2024 at 12:03
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Who's Next??
Posted By: cheekygirl
Subject: Who's Next??
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 20:03
We all know that Andrew is there now and a few more people have been there the past few weeks. Who's next to visit, who is counting down the days? I hope my next visit will be May but it always depends on hubbies work. Look forward to meeting some of you sooner rather than later in the year. Wink

-------------
Loving it in the sun

Replies:
Posted By: Avril
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 20:31
My brother and his missus are flying over to OUR apartment on the 21st of this month for WEEKS on end - jealous me???? Nahhhh!!! He's much older than me, age before beauty, hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Posted By: S1gh
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 20:39
9th march for a week. Really need to sort out some accommodation, was going to give Sol e mar a go this time but it's booked up.

Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 20:54
Try the Rocomar, it's nicer and just as handySmile or if you don't mind hills try up where I have a place on Cerro Grande. There is the do Cerro and the Cerro da Marina, both nice hotels (the Cerro do Marina is reportedly Sir Cliff Richards former Villa). They are about a 5-10 minute walk to the Sol e mar, down hillSmile Before we bought a place up on the hill, we stayed twice in the Cerro da Marina, it is a small boutique style hotel. Has an honesty bar, ah bless!!! The staff are really friendly but it is a canny hike home after a night out! Still we never got a taxi once and I never put on so much as a pound during my stayWink

Posted By: Jayjan
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 21:28
Next visit mid May, then September.
My friend & her hubby stayed at the Cerro do Marina last summer, they loved it, said hotel was brilliant.

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 21:52
Well, we're booked for July, August and September.. just got to sort something around Easter.

-------------
Andrew

Posted By: bob d
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 00:44
We arrive next week. Also may and september.

-------------
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Posted By: windmillhill
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 07:21
We're here now Big smile ............ but going home on Saturday Cry

-------------
http://www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk - www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views

Posted By: Irispad
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 07:24
April for us and then July

Posted By: zoso
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 12:39
Sunday 26th Feb for 5 days,staying at Jardins vale de parra,great apartments and a nice quiet place..

Posted By: john2604smith
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 13:54
23rd Feb, end of April and end of August, Woo Hoo !!   Big smile   unfortunately have to return to the UK in between Cry 

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Posted By: bob d
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 14:13
John, you arrive the day we leave, oh bugger..............next time.

-------------
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 14:22
What we need is a calender on here so that everyone can fill it in and hopefully some of us are there at the same time and can meet up. Thumbs Up

-------------
Loving it in the sun

Posted By: rich13
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 14:37
Hello all, just joined the forum, so first post! My wife and I will be over on May 18th, probably staying at Vila Recife, visit 3 for her, visit 28 for me.....can't wait!

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 14:43
Hi Rich, the place is very addictive aint it !!!

-------------
Loving it in the sun

Posted By: ant1969
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 15:04
hope to get over sometime this year - dont know when though - i have one of those funny birthdays this year Dont tell anyone and there are pressures to please a lot of people! 

-------------
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 15:11
Steady! LOL!

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 15:40
That's a shame Bob, make sure you leave the Sun on when go !  Wink

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 15:46
Hi Rich13, Vila Recife is a lovely spot too stay, just down the road from me and only five minutes into Albufeira square  Thumbs Up

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 15:49
Donna, I have the same funny birthday next year and I'll definately be celebrating it in albufeirapartyI'll be telling my friends and family in good time and if they want to come they can and if not - toughSmile You do what you want it's your day after all!!

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 16:26
Avril - what a good idea!  That is why we are not over for Toms b/day as his is only about 10 days before mine - will have a word with the other half who knows it might be a goer after all Smile

-------------

Posted By: kevjrobbo
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 18:04
over at easter for 2 weeks then august and then october. Just wish I could get some more time off work Dead

Posted By: peteknopp
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 18:25
I've got that funny birthday this year, July 2nd hint, and think everyone should celebrate their special bday over here!! Sadly with austerity The Stones will not be attending my bash!

-------------

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 19:04
Well you kept that one quiet Pete, not being a profile stalker I hadnt realised!! Are you doing anything for it??

Posted By: peteknopp
Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 19:14
Got my nieces wedding in UK on 25 Aug so think a bit much to put people thru expense of flying over but hopefully some family and friends will have a few pennies for a flight. Plus have enough friends over here to be able to hold a decent sized bash at ours. got the names of a few local bands and have some ideas but will wait and see

-------------

Date Posted: 07/February/2012 at 19:34
So quite a few big birthdays coming up for fellow forummies! Iceland will be running out of party food againLOL

Posted By: caz068
Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 08:13
Going on the 30th july for 2 weeks staying at windmill hill on countdown now :)

Posted By: nosivad
Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 10:54
arrive on saturday for one week (save us some sunshine ) then April for 2 weeks and again in August ( with all the family ) for 2 weeks. All courtesy of Easy jet credit notes Big smile.

Posted By: floozie
Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 16:10
We arrive 20th May which is a bit late for us but hoping to get a couple more weeks in as well this year. 27th time in 9 years, I reckon we should just move over thereApprove

Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 16:26
[QUOTE=floozie      I reckon we should just move over thereApprove   QUOTE]

you and me both !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 18:37
Accommodation and transfer now booked. Yellow fish and Villa Recife for a week. As we say in Yorkshire "reet bargain"

Posted By: tonisdad
Date Posted: 10/February/2012 at 19:03
Back out Monday 20th February for 11days. Can`t wait first visit for 3 months.

Date Posted: 21/February/2012 at 19:47
Well accommodation was booked but just had a e mail saying it is over booked and we can stay at Auramar instead. Anybody know it? I know it's further away than where we booked but not totally sure where.

Date Posted: 21/February/2012 at 22:17
S1gh Auramar is overlooking Aveiros beach which is inbetween Oura Beach & Forte Sao Joao beach.The next beach from Forte Sao Joao is Inatel and then next beach is Fishermans beach. Look at this link for beaches,  http://albufeira.com/beach/" rel="nofollow - http://albufeira.com/beach/  & click on the squares for names of beaches.

Date Posted: 21/February/2012 at 22:31
Hi Sigh, thats a shame as Vila Recife is in a very good location just 5 mins from the beach and Albufeira square 

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 22/February/2012 at 21:44
Yep a real shame. We could cancel our booking and re book through another agent who says they have rooms available but it would be more money so I think we are going to give it a try. Never stayed over that side of town so something new to us. Longer walk to Victorias though! Ha ha

Date Posted: 22/February/2012 at 22:11
Let us know what you think when you return, please !   I am off to bed now as the alarm is set for 04:15 but all being well will be touching down at 11:00 and in the apartment for noon  Thumbs Up    party

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Posted By: J2me
Date Posted: 22/February/2012 at 22:26
Have a great time John. cant wait for my return.

Date Posted: 23/February/2012 at 21:29
Will do John. Hope you have a great time.

Posted By: Annie1961
Date Posted: 24/February/2012 at 01:58
Hi all, I try to get over at least twice a year, but didn't think i'd make it this year, as going to a wedding in Cyprus first week in July. Was having panic attacks thinking about not going to Albufeira, so booked to go straight from Cyprus, well not straight, as couldnt find a flight from Cyprus to Faro, so fly back to Gatwick on the 4th July then 4 hours later out to Faro. Never been in July before, so looking forward to the hot hot hotness!!

Date Posted: 24/February/2012 at 16:45
Annie,
For sure it will be hot, hot, hotness, believe me, glorious!

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 29/February/2012 at 15:51
Big smile  happy happy happy - just booked up for a week 22 - 29 may - with flights at £89 return couldnt resist  Cool

-------------

Posted By: rob67
Date Posted: 29/February/2012 at 19:10
Coming over on Monday for a week to see how the builders are getting on with the refurbishment of my place, staying in the old town near the Sol e Mar/ Three Crowns area. Are the restaurants opened up yet or will I have to stock up at the Modelo with frozen meals and Sagres. 

Date Posted: 29/February/2012 at 19:32
Rob, there's enough eateries open, but don't let that stop you stocking up on the Sagres!

Also just booked a week, back of Easter, £129 return for two of us, Monarch. Bargain I reckon.

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 29/February/2012 at 21:04
Thanks Andrew as it is only me coming over so the stocking up on the Sagres is a foregone conclusion. 

We have also booked flights for the second week in Easter as Algarve Removals are delivering the furniture that week, I wish I could have got it for that price that is a bargain. 

Posted By: Algarveaddick
Date Posted: 01/March/2012 at 02:18
If you are on your own, pop up to Floyd's on Wednesday or Saturday night and at least you will get to meet Cubsur and me. Although...

Date Posted: 01/March/2012 at 10:21
Late night AA?

Rob, yep, Floyds is a good place to meet some fellow ex-pats and forum visitors (when they're out there), particularly Wed and Sat nights, maybe see you there after Easter, if our dates overlap.

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 01/March/2012 at 18:59
Thanks AA will do, I have read about Floyds on here and just looked up where it is, I must have passed it on the way to the Municipal buildings.

Funnily enough I live 10 minutes away from the Valley but I am not a Charlton supporter.

Thanks Andrew may see you there.

Date Posted: 01/March/2012 at 23:08
If you have always lived ten minutes away from The Valley, shame on you. If you just happen to live there now, fair enough, ( unless you are from London and support Liverpool or Man Utd )...

Posted By: el birnn
Date Posted: 02/March/2012 at 08:25
could he be one of ours....

-------------
Nunc bibendum est

Posted By: tiganut
Date Posted: 02/March/2012 at 08:37
What,the other one?Wink

-------------
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins

Date Posted: 02/March/2012 at 19:32
Sorry to disappoint EB but I am not the other one.

I am from Glasgow and lived in the SE London for 20 years. I have played at the Valley a few times and even scored a goal although it was a penalty. It can be hired during closed season.

My team is Rangers who will be lucky to finish the week/month/season (delete as appropriate), this time next week they could be playing youth players. 

Is Floyd's bar named after the one at the Valley or just a coincidence.

Date Posted: 02/March/2012 at 21:57
If rangers have any players going free Bradford would be very pleased of any help!

Date Posted: 02/March/2012 at 23:06
Originally posted by rob67 rob67 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint EB but I am not the other one.

I am from Glasgow and lived in the SE London for 20 years. I have played at the Valley a few times and even scored a goal although it was a penalty. It can be hired during closed season.

My team is Rangers who will be lucky to finish the week/month/season (delete as appropriate), this time next week they could be playing youth players. 

Is Floyd's bar named after the one at the Valley or just a coincidence.

It is indeed...

Date Posted: 08/March/2012 at 07:30
Over next Wednesday,to meet a loss adjuster.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/March/2012 at 22:22
Bring on mid-April for 11 days, the second half of July for 2 weeks. All booked now. Hopefully a week in October too.

Posted By: Pablo
Date Posted: 11/March/2012 at 17:13
Going in June, can't wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 09:24
Should be landing in 24 hoursBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 11:46
10 weeks today rolling eyes

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 12:20
5 weeks today.
Might overlap with you John?

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 13:11
21st April to the 29th  Woo Hoo !!  Thumbs Up party

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 15:50
That makes it possible that Andrew and two John's will be in town at the same time, unless Andrew goes home on or before 21st April. Kev & irispad too.

It's the Final Countdown....... OK, a tad early yet.

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 16:03
anyone around 22- 29 May?

-------------

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 16:17
John,
17th to 24th, so Floyds on 18th, the Wednesday night?

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 16:18
Could be a date !  Thumbs Up

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 16:20
Excellent!
Anyone else want to join the two Johns and me, & Trish, for the partaking of beverages?

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 16:20
Or maybe not as I don't arrive until the 21st  Doh !  

-------------
ownersdirect P3708

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 17:32
No prob, rewind, Sat 21st? We can still do that if it fits better?

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 18:42
18 days to go Smile

Posted By: Lol63
Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 19:21
Hi we are going out on the 5th April for a week hubbies 50th birthday presentSmile first time to Pportugal and really looking forward to it,we're staying at the Cerro Mar Collina looks very nice,can't wait 3 weeks on ThursdayCool

-------------
Lol Daniels

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 19:33
Welcome to the forum and start getting excited!
I envy you, first trip, you'll love it, we did, hence we've returned many, many times.
Enjoy, there is no doubt you will.

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 19:58
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will have a good time and become addicted to the place like the rest of us on here. Smile

-------------
Loving it in the sun

Date Posted: 13/March/2012 at 22:42
Sat 21st at Floyds it is then, and if JohnS has an evening flight, we can start guessing his ETA for his first beer.   Wink

Posted By: Chrissy63
Date Posted: 14/March/2012 at 07:03
28th April to 5th May woooooop!!!!

-------------
Lifes a beach

Posted By: floozie
Date Posted: 14/March/2012 at 17:05
Over 20th to 27th May might be able to get the other half to  you join all at Floyds, well with any luck.Wink

Posted By: steven.vanessa
Date Posted: 15/March/2012 at 12:36
Im absolutely ages away im 4th Sept till 22nd Sept. :(

Date Posted: 16/March/2012 at 20:54
It's going to be ages and ages for us now! Just got back home after another good trip but think it will be the only one to Albufeira this year. Taking our son to New York in September before he goes off to uni, can't do everything.

Date Posted: 23/March/2012 at 23:47
Loh and behold, I had a chat with someone in the Chat Room!!! 

'burlton' is the innocent bystanders 'user name'. They choose to remain anon, well, who wouldn't when J2me is abound.

Co-incidence has it that 'burlton' will be in Albufeira when JohnS, Andrew & yours truly will meet for a cup of (sober) kindness.  Put the kettle on there Perry.

Happy Mike will also be town too with cardboard stand-ups to hand. And Eileen will be wearing slip-on shoes tooooo be sure.

All seriousness aside, I'm looking forward to this. I do love a bit of enjoyable nonsense and the crew seems to be able and fit.

Andrew, set the alarm clock for a late night.

Date Posted: 24/March/2012 at 00:58
hallelujah John, conversation with someone,not Billy no mates anymore "At Last" Etta James comes to mind (one of my fav records).

Date Posted: 29/March/2012 at 11:35
HelloBig smile I'm back too, fleetingly!!! September is going to be a right old forummie bash, Tom better find a hall to hire as there is going to be shed loads of us thereDancingWe are out for our main holiday on 26th June for a month, hope to see some of you then x

Date Posted: 29/March/2012 at 11:39
We'll see you in early July then Av, as well as Toms bash, looking forward to this summer and Albufeira, bring it on!

-------------
Andrew

Posted By: Super__Ally
Date Posted: 29/March/2012 at 11:41
Avril

We are in Club Oceanus on the 27th.
If I remember right you are from Bellshill and I am from Airdrie.
This time I will defo be going to Flloyds on the sat night.

-------------
Ally

Date Posted: 29/March/2012 at 11:54
Hi there Super Ally, we'll deffo see you in floyds sometimeBig smile 
I was born in NE England but all my family (parents, grandparents, brother, aunts, uncles etc) are all from Bellshill (for their sins, ha ha!!).
Really looking forward to this summer in albufeira and to Toms birthday bash. After the last few weeks, Windmill Hill will indeed be far from the madding crowd and just what me and Pete need right now!

Posted By: nosivad
Date Posted: 30/March/2012 at 09:28
we are out on monday,see if you can get rid of the rain for then (apologies for that comment , i do know you really need it ) Wink

Date Posted: 30/March/2012 at 19:20
2 weeks tomorrow. By then hopefully the sky's will be a beautiful shade of blue (most of the time anyway).

Hope you have a lovely holiday too 'nosivad'. 

Date Posted: 30/March/2012 at 20:11
Two weeks next Tue John for us, so, see you again my friend! (unless you're only there on a very short break?)

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 30/March/2012 at 20:42
Hoping to see yourself, John S and others in Floyd's on your first Saturday night (21st I think). Though John only arrives that day.

Hope some regulars can make it.

Posted By: alan&alice
Date Posted: 31/March/2012 at 23:56
We will be out in sept as normal, (looking forwards to toms birthday partyTongue),but not too sure about the rest of the year yetCry.

-------------
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652

Date Posted: 01/April/2012 at 09:13
only 5 hours to go. 14-10 flight from east-mids. Can't wait, hope weather brightens up a bit for next week.Geek

Date Posted: 01/April/2012 at 10:49
Have a great time. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 01/April/2012 at 11:41
Hope the weather is kind to you, enjoy. Smile

-------------
Loving it in the sun

Posted By: jameswhufc
Date Posted: 07/April/2012 at 23:06
10 days till i go.

Much happier to see the weather forecast has changed :)

Date Posted: 07/April/2012 at 23:35
Enjoy James, hope the weather is kind to you.

Date Posted: 08/April/2012 at 11:02
That'll be the 17th James?
Where you flying from, Birmingham us.

-------------
Andrew

Posted By: jameswhufc
Date Posted: 08/April/2012 at 14:20
Yeah the 17th which is also my birthday!

We are flying from Luton though.

Date Posted: 08/April/2012 at 15:06
Well if you're in Floyds on the 18th, I'll buy you a belated beer for your birthday!

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 08/April/2012 at 15:43
6 more nights to go. Guess who is in a GOOD mood.  Clown

And the weather forecast has changed for the better. Hope it sticks eh!

Posted By: Chrissy63
Date Posted: 09/April/2012 at 13:33
Only 19 days to go!! 7AM flight from East Midlands, just praying for good weather.

-------------
Lifes a beach

Posted By: steven.vanessa
Date Posted: 12/April/2012 at 10:22
Nice one Burlton wish it was me heading out there! enjoy!!

Posted By: Annie1961
Date Posted: 12/April/2012 at 11:07
11 weeks and 6 days!!! and i cant wait. I've never been in July before, normally go early June and late september

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk