Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPalmeiras de Santa Eulalia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palmeiras de Santa Eulalia
    Posted: 23/January/2017 at 18:39
Out surveying today to update guide book, restaurants, etc .... and noticed a well-dressed guy driving out of Palmeiras ... and he says it should be open again in May ... under new ownership.
Pyrman
Sponsored Links

Chloe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2017 at 13:57
Does this mean that MGM has struck again??
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2017 at 08:46
No indication of that  ...
Pyrman
Chloe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2017 at 12:46
Maybe no indication but as they appear to be buying everything, I won't hold my breath!!!
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2017 at 21:25
They were lovely apartments hope Mgm don't buy them. Their apartments (mgm) and hotels are so expensive now. I could just take a few minutes to look and book holidays now I am on for hours searching for suitable accommodation.
Chloe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 12:44
A lot of people have commented on how much the MGM Group have hiked their prices. So much so that folk who previously stayed at CPO have looked for alternative apartments and found them cheaper!!!! They have had to put the prices up because of low figures for bookings and they feel that their facilities are worth the extra!
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 13:31
Will increasing prices increase bookings?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Chloe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 14:11
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Will increasing prices increase bookings?

No that's just it. They have increased prices because of the low bookings!! work that one out. It is the Portuguese way though. I know a builder who had a brand new house for sale. He marketed it at 650,000 euros. No-one bought it so he increased the prices to 700,000 euros! Similarly a landlord told a tenant that times were hard so he was going to have to increase the tenant's rent!
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 14:48
Originally posted by Chloe Chloe wrote:

A lot of people have commented on how much the MGM Group have hiked their prices. So much so that folk who previously stayed at CPO have looked for alternative apartments and found them cheaper!!!! They have had to put the prices up because of low figures for bookings and they feel that their facilities are worth the extra!

I don`t know about low booking numbers Chloe they were plenty full enough all last year, Oura Praia included up until they closed last back end.
The trouble is MGM are cornering the market at the Oura Praia end so if you want to stay that end you have no choice on price.
Mind they are not on their own because Ouratlantico and Santa Eulalia were following suit with prices as well.
A lot of it is people are not visiting some  Countries for safety reasons so Algarve bookings are on the up then the operators up the prices supply/demand.....until they price themselves out of it through greed.
Mind don`t know whether CPO..MGM..are looking more to all inclusive the way they are fencing it in or if the fences are to stop people using the lift so they don`t have to walk up the hill on the way back from the beach.
Mind never liked CPO personally I don`t like how they have the areas for Infinity members or whatever they call them these days. The areas where they lay on stripey towels looking smug viewing everybody else as Council Estate imports Unhappy .
Do hope Palmeiras is an independent.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 15:16
No-one needs to be on internet for hours looking for accomodation. Visit my site, where hotels are listed by area .. choose a couple and search one of the best agents, or go direct to hotels.

www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com
Pyrman
carolenclive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 18:04
Years ago quite liked CPO the gardens were always immaculate and it had a village feel to it.it now looks like a plastic village,Plastic fences, gardens look cheap and nasty even the plants look plastic.Only stayed there many moons ago never again.
caz
nickwr37 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 23:16
I use Ouratlantico at least once a year and am back down this Saturday for a week for the sun not lol. I look online to check deals then email direct for a price. Direct cheaper in advance although on EJ hols from Lpl(where I fly from) if booked today was £255 for the 2 of us for a studio. V good but can't take the chance to leave so page. I shall be down OurarBar Sat evening,Sol Cafe and Rock line if anyone around. Is Rock line closed for refurb I think I read on here?
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2017 at 15:19
Originally posted by nickwr37 nickwr37 wrote:

I use Ouratlantico at least once a year and am back down this Saturday for a week for the sun not lol. I look online to check deals then email direct for a price. Direct cheaper in advance although on EJ hols from Lpl(where I fly from) if booked today was £255 for the 2 of us for a studio. V good but can't take the chance to leave so page. I shall be down OurarBar Sat evening,Sol Cafe and Rock line if anyone around. Is Rock line closed for refurb I think I read on here?

Rockline never been closed nick. Fat Eddie/Madeira wont spend any money. He won`t even put the aircon on so people who do not smoke can breath semi oxygen Wink.
port princess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2017 at 16:02
It's a dump I'm sorry but it is .
Portprincess
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2017 at 16:53
Originally posted by port princess port princess wrote:

It's a dump I'm sorry but it is .

I always used to find it a decent atmosphere but the last few years it has gone downhill.
Fat Eddie has got even more surly the older he gets and the younger he tries to look.
The only time I use it is when a couple of mates who smoke insist on going in there because you can smoke.
I don`t know how he gets away the smoking to be honest as he serves food...I thought there was rules I might be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic