Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote REBoutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2015 at 00:43
Well, it's one of its kind still left, isn't it? The urban landscape in Albufeira isn't exactly a charm...so let's do everything to value what's left properly.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2015 at 10:59
I have walked past that building several times every week for ten years and was slightly surprised to see it advertised for sale. Like so many others here in Albufeira, it saddens me to see it empty and deteriorating. Let us hope that someone will take up the challenge.

It is beyond my budget!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
REBoutique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REBoutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2015 at 19:26
I can assure you guys, it won't be the price an obstacle to a posssible transaction. 

We're used to approach this kind of buildings (although we're mainly operating in Porto and Lisbon) and owners are reasonable to understand the difference between letting it collapse with time or doing a fair deal. 

Come on...if you've lived in Portugal for the last years, then you certainly know that we like to bargain... ;)

By the way Cubsur, I'll be in Albufeira this week, does the banner still hold on its place? Thanks for letting me know about it!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2015 at 09:51
The Farm Village block by the marina has had a paint job, but not a very good one when you look close up. Still no sign of any being sold or anyone living there after all these years.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2015 at 10:44
Spotted at the weekend that three or four of these apartments are occupied and two of the shop units have been taken by people selling tourist tat.

Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Avenida da Liberdade June 2013

and September 2013

February 20th 2014 -I wonder how many they will sell?

Albufeira Resident

simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2015 at 11:49
I noticed myself at the weekend that they were occupied seen a couple tidying their balcony. It has taken some time hasn't it. Our week is nearly over we fly out tomorrow sadly.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2015 at 09:30
Like everything here, no forward thinking!

And there are still more being built.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2015 at 07:26

Another lot I hadn't seen before, pictured yesterday. This mess is between Olhos D'Agua and Açoteias on the street called Rua Nossa Senhora de Fátima. There were a few blokes banging and crashing somewhere on site, but I couldn't see what they were doing. The site is quite large and reminded me of the infamous Crowne Plaza.

An update on the above. Walked past there yesterday and it's all on the move again.
For the last 5 years there have been half a dozen blokes scratching about & not achieving a lot, although to their credit they have completed the first row of vilas & there are people living in them.

However, it looks like a different builder has taken over the rest of the site and they are making some dramatic changes.
Those pyramid like roofs are being completely removed and the vilas are being converted into flat roof buildings.
Looks like a lot of work has already been done as there are huge piles of broken concrete and tangled metal.
Some vilas, that have already had their roofs converted, have been painted and they now look completely different from the buildings that were there before.
There are lots of guys on site working in different areas of the development.
New "planning approval project boards" have been erected and it says that the project will be completed by May 2017.

In addition, the road round there, which has been in a real old state since 2002 at least, is being done up, presumably by the Camara.
They're digging out the pine tree roots that have caused numerous lumps & bumps in the road, they're laying some sort of membrane and then filling it in with hardcore.
No doubt resurfacing will be next.

Going back past there later today so will take some pictures (forgot the camera yesterday)
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2015 at 11:56
Dicey, thanks and it's about time!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2015 at 16:46
A few pictures - BTW the completion date is May 2017, not 2016.
What with this, the 2nd phase of the massive extension to the Sheraton Hotel and the Falesia Hotel currently undergoing a complete refurbishment, there's a lot going on round here.

First the road 

Now the development

Previous design - 5th row of vilas with original roofs still intact

Removing current roofs on 4th row of vilas

The pile of concrete

3rd row of vilas with original roof removed

2nd row of vilas - outside finished & painted, flat roofs

1st row of vilas as finished by the previous builder

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 11:33
I thought it was about time that the sign at the Crowne Plaza site was updated.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2016 at 17:04

The Farm Village block by the marina has had a paint job, but not a very good one when you look close up. Still no sign of any being sold or anyone living there after all these years.

There is squad of chaps doing some landscaping behind the high walls and hedges. perhaps, just maybe after all these years people will soon be using this complex.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2016 at 18:09
That'll likely be to keep the planning permission live, apparently if a development lies dormant for a stated period of time, three years I think, then the planning permission is rescinded. The similar development on the way to Salgados is the same, gets a coat of paint thrown at it every three years.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2016 at 10:45
Many of you will know the huge hotel development along the road between Sesmarias and Galé, which was abandoned some years ago.  I went past the other day and spotted work taking place. The permission notice says it has been taken over by an Anglo-Portuguese investment group with works completion due May 2017.

Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2016 at 19:22
Anymore pics of this Cubsur?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic