Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2013 at 16:14
Remember this one in the Avenida da Liberdade, opposite where the sand sculptures now are? Walked past there yesterday and men working! Going to be called Verasol apartments. Meanwhile the huge block a couple of door down remains empty and derelict.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2013 at 22:29
The only positive thing about it is at least its keeping some construction workers in a job & earning money, The downside is will it be another building left to go to the wind.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2013 at 16:57
I spotted another abandoned resort the other day, which I hadn't noticed before. This one is called Clube Varandas do Castelo and is not far the Praia do Castelo near Galé. It's quite big too. You can see the red and white 'for sale' sign.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2013 at 22:07
Yep. This is the property on the for sale board earlier in your gallery.
It is amazing that a business plan exists that has credibility to get the finance that this can be built from scratch and then... S, h, one t!
They got that far, just one step from opening and starting to recover money... And they fall. Sad and amazing.
That accepted, how damning is it that here is the golden opportunity for some one to walk in... But nobody is or has!
Worrying.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2013 at 17:06
Someone has decided that the almost built half of Farm Village, down by the marina, shouuld get a coat of paint. For what reason escapes me!

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2013 at 17:11
To keep the licence current Tom. After a certain period of time without any work or progress on the site the licence or planning permission is lost, so every so often, to keep their options open, they have to do a bit. Same as that hotel you clocked for the first time just off the island on your walk back from Salgados a few weeks back.
Andrew
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2013 at 21:27
Whilst over in June we stayed in a apartment in Bay View and found another abandoned development behind there. Sales office empty, all apartments empty, swimming pool full of dirty water, such a shame.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2013 at 11:42
Same all over I'm afraid. And yet still they allow more.
Albufeira Resident

S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2013 at 00:02
We had never been to albufeira till just over 3 years ago and have just booked our 10th visit, yep we love the place!
On our first visit we talked about looking at property , this turned into enquiries, turned into emails with agents, turned into viewing properties, turned into seeing all the empty/unfinished buildings turned into reading all the negative comments, turned into deciding on just staying with taking holidays in Albuferia and other countries ................who's missing out?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2013 at 12:51
June 2013
and September 2013

Albufeira Resident

john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2013 at 18:47
Wow !  what a difference !!
ownersdirect P3708
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2013 at 14:27
Another lot I hadn't seen before, pictured yesterday. This mess is between Olhos D'Agua and Açoteias on the street called Rua Nossa Senhora de Fátima. There were a few blokes banging and crashing somewhere on site, but I couldn't see what they were doing. The site is quite large and reminded me of the infamous Crowne Plaza.

Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2013 at 12:34
Tom,  putting various things together ... coming out of recession in west and north europe, usa and canada ... the completion of expansion of Faro airport from 6 million to 8 million pa ... the recent return to high summer occupancy in Albufeira ... the winning of huge contracts in North Africa for Portuguese builders ... certainly creates a lot of optimism and the prospect that these local projects will come to life again quite soon. There`s also that `rumour` about a theme park ...

Since the `vuelta espana`was going through Cambrils and Salou recently and up to Tarragona ... I watched it and then took the STREETVIEW around many favourite haunts from 10-15 years ago. I DREAD to think how the likes of Old Town could cope with the kind of expansion that has hit that area ... if those millions (and more) descend here.

Pyrman
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2013 at 13:55
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Another lot I hadn't seen before, pictured yesterday. This mess is between Olhos D'Agua and Açoteias on the street called Rua Nossa Senhora de Fátima. There were a few blokes banging and crashing somewhere on site, but I couldn't see what they were doing. The site is quite large and reminded me of the infamous Crowne Plaza.

Same place here showing the one completed villa & the finished apartments across the road built by the same Company -
http://albufeira.com/FORUM/more-apartments-being-built_topic5060_post75083.html#75083
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2013 at 15:14
Seven years and virtually nothing done? Even I know that raw concrete will deteriorate over time exposed to the elements. They will probably fall down before they are sold.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic