Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More ruins to admire
    Posted: 27/June/2012 at 09:59
If things weren't bad enough, these solar panels started to appear outside Camping Albufeira about 3 weeks ago. Doesn't anyone here ever think things through? Predictable, not even half way through the job, work stopped, site cleared and everything left to blot the landscape.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 12:33
Thumbs Down What an eyesore, I hate seeing things like this ruining our lovely landscape...
Christina James
Chrissy63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 14:14
An eyesore & a total waste of money.
Lifes a beach
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 15:29
And it's built where hundreds of cars that can't get onto the campsite park in August. Where are they going to put them I wonder?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2012 at 09:19
Here's the answer - underneath them. They are now nothing more than giant sunshades. Picture taken yesterday.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2012 at 09:55
Well that strikes me as a great idea, shade for the cars with the roof being solar panels, great idea, all they need do is start harvesting from the panels!
Andrew
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2012 at 10:24
Beats me why there isn't more of the PV panels (electricity producing) and more domestic wind turbines around. The two things in abundance on the Algarve is Sun and wind ! 
ownersdirect P3708
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2012 at 15:08
Because it is along term investment John, Portugal is only interested in what it can get TODAY. Dead  
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2012 at 16:33
Originally posted by john2604smith john2604smith wrote:

Beats me why there isn't more of the PV panels (electricity producing) and more domestic wind turbines around. The two things in abundance on the Algarve is Sun and wind ! 

Its the beans
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2012 at 10:39
Originally posted by john2604smith john2604smith wrote:

There are masses of wind turbines around Lagos and in the hills above Silves.

Myself and the only other permanent resident in our little block would love solar panels on the roof, but it needs the agreement of the other owners and that will never happen.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2012 at 11:03

Why wont they go for it Cubsur? is it purely down to aesthetics?

john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2012 at 11:55
"There are masses of wind turbines around Lagos and in the hills above Silves."

I have seen these Tom but I am referring to the little domestic ones for Residential properties. I would love them myself, (PV panels and domestic wind turbine) even in the UK but the various Governments make it difficult to purchase by reducing incentives, yet at the same time spending billions on massive offshore wind farms !  Confused 
ownersdirect P3708
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2012 at 19:41
Oh, right. I have seen the odd one or two around but I will bet that there are licence fees and all sorts of bureaucracy that put people off.
Albufeira Resident

J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2012 at 22:46
I wonder where I heard about such lovely red tape before !!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2012 at 18:08
Three years on, what a pleasant view!

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic