Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRS 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IRS 2017
    Posted: 05/February/2018 at 18:14
Evening All!

I've received an email regarding "Validate your pending information invoices by February 15 at the Finance Portal"

I'm on the website and can see Municipio de Albufeira invoices for our water rates.
Does anyone know which icon I click on next?
Would it be imóveis or lares?

TIA
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2018 at 19:44
I'd imagine imovies but doubt you can go too far wrong if you click the wrong one as sure to be further clicks needed to finalise the request
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2018 at 20:01
LOLThanks for that Pete
I probably should've mentioned it was for our holiday home, that we don't rent out!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2018 at 20:48
I had that email too (and it's just got water invoices) but I've never paid IRS (income tax) so I'm really at a loss as to what it's all about.
Think I'll do nowt & hope for the best.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 07:49
Me too and as a first time taxpayer I passed it on to an accountant recommended by another forum member. However she has not responded to any contacts for weeks.

See you in court for non payment!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 08:14
Is it anything to do with e-faturas? Where you register any invoices with your fiscal number so they can be accounted for in your IRS?
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 10:44
Sorted it.
I phoned the number in the email and eventually spoke to a very helpful lady who spoke very good English.
She took my fiscal number and looked at my invoices.
All you have to do is validate the invoices (mine are all for I suppose what you would call "services" - water, gas, electricity, MEO and bank charges)
She said that these should be validated by clicking on "Outros" (Others) - just click on that and then Save.
I explained that I had no income in Portugal but she said that it still had to be done.
She assured me that as I have no income I would not be getting a tax bill.
She explained that this has been in operation since 2015 but she could not explain why I have not been asked to do this before other than I may have clicked on something by mistake whilst on the Financas website.
Anyway, done it now so that should be it (hopefully)

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 20:17
Thanks so much Dicey Star
I clicked on others & save. The response was Provisional Deductions in IRS 54.65euros.
Wondering whether I should've ignored the email like Tom LOL

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2018 at 10:51
I haven't ignored the email but my accountant is ignoring me. I do now have an income, my UK pension paid before tax into my local account. I don't know how to access the finanças website but will see what I can do.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2018 at 11:14
I think I understand what it is to be done but I have lost my passwords so have had to ask for a new one.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic