Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REGISTERING HEALTHCARE FORM S1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REGISTERING HEALTHCARE FORM S1
    Posted: 15/September/2017 at 11:05
I received yesterday my form S1 to register for state healthcare as an official pensioner.

I know I have to take it to a regional social security office, but I cannot figure out which one of the many addresses it is.

So, can anyone tell me (a) which office I must go to and (b) whether this is by appointment only as I can see that some offices can only be visited by appointment.

Thanks in advance.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2017 at 16:15
Job done, painless, fairly quick and no need to make an appointment although you can do so if you wish.

Arrived at 1400hrs opening time this afternoon, got my ticket. I was seen at 1435, the process took about 15 minutes and I was out the door in time for my bus at 1500.

I now have to wait for the Faro office to process my Cartão Utente for which I will get a note to collect it ´in some days'.

I was only asked for my 'residencia' as proof of identity. If you can make a decent copy and take it with you, along with the original, that will speed things up a bit. No waiting for the copier. You don't need anything else other than residencia if you have it.

Otherwise passport (copy also a good idea) plus utility or IMI bills to provide proof of address.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic