Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Depressed! 😥

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depressed! 😥
    Posted: 15/August/2017 at 18:32
Returned to U.K. today... will be nice to see family and friends, and the weather is quite pleasant, return journey not to bad, six hours door to door but still... I'm sad to have left the Algarve, I mean, were not back for just over four weeks!
Andrew
Sponsored Links

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2017 at 19:26
You can go off people you know
Colin
Irispad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irispad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2017 at 19:45
Big time!!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 08:07
Sorry!
Andrew
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 10:08
I feel your pain. Back in Ireland since 1st August, not going back to Albufeira (also 6 hours door to door) until 25th. Thumbs Up
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 10:28
6 hours?
That's quick.

Ours is 10 and a half hours door to door
Pick Up Acoteias 07.00
Flight 10.00
Arrive Southend 12.55
Train from Southend Airport 13.55 (3hrs 20 mins with 3 changes) *
Arrive home Station 17.15
Arrive Home 17.30

Cost (each) for return on 19th October
Yellowfish £15
Flight £24.99
Train Fare £5.30
Total £45.29 or £90.58 for the both of us.

* It actually costs more than that (another £5.30 each) because we always buy tickets for the 14.55 train in case the flight is late arriving and we miss the 13.55. (Once bitten)

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 12:48
Yep, it is sometimes half hour longer but yesterday, 8.00am away, 8.35 drop car at airport, no baggage to drop, already checked in so straight through, 9.55 to Birmingham, always ten minutes late always five to ten minutes early arrival, down yesterday at 12.37, through immigration, ring our man, in car and away 1.20 and back home for 2.00pm.
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 13:18
We leave house in Dublin at 10.00 am on 24th. Carry on luggage only, fast track through security (best €6.00 you will ever spend!!). Fly at 11.50. Due to land at 14.45, invariably 10/15 minutes earlier to land, so that is landing at 14.30. With Passport control then collection by Yellowfish we should be driving out of Faro airport by 3.15 ish, then down the motorway to the apartment, should be walking in the door by 4.00pm. On Pescadores by 4.20!!
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 11:09
I must admit I never bother with how long the journey takes, it takes what it takes. Only when there is a significant delay would it be noticed and that's only happened once in all the years of visiting the Algarve. As far as I'm concerned my holiday starts the moment I've checked in the hold luggage. We actually enjoy the whole experience, including the airport, so generally go earlier than necessary and have a meal.

I suppose our times would be similar as Newcastle airport is 20 minutes away, flight time in reality is 2 hours 50 minutes, we do have luggage to collect and a hire car but wiz down the motorway to our accommodation. A 7:30 flights has seen us in Albufeira by 11:30 ish which is fine provided we can access the villa/apartment (normally no problem).

I will pay more attention next time (3 weeks tomorrow).
Colin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 11:57
I don't actually enjoy airports, all those queues. I must say that if the trip was 7 or 8 hours I would not visit quite so often. As it is I pop over and back every 4 weeks or so from March to October.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 15:56
The travelling bit doesn't worry us, we just sit back & enjoy the ride.
We get there when we get there.
We do 5 trips a year so that's only 10 days travelling year.
A couple of days travelling pales into insignificance when we're over for 30 to 40 days at a time.
Tend not to buy anything, apart from the odd beverage, in aiports or on the flight if we can avoid it.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 16:21
No, we don't mind the travelling either, if we want to go to Albufeira we know it goes with the turf, on the way back though, when that trolley comes down, a couple of Bombay and tonics finish the trip off a treat! 🥂
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 16:29
And alcohol is supposed to have more effect at the lower cabin pressure. Win! Win!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic