Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFort da Vale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fort da Vale
    Posted: 23/May/2016 at 08:10
Talking to a couple earlier last week, they were having a nightmare . They said the hotel was full of stag parties, men and women causing noise at night early morning.I noticed myself on passing most days evenings, large groups of them outside were the fountains are. The couple also commented on the food which they said was bad.
Never put off something that you could do today
Sponsored Links

Wireman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 08:16
If true Bob that's a shame. Since MGM took over the prices have gone up ridiculously and standards have fallen. Really liked staying there in the past but hey there's plenty of other places.
Regular Visitor
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 09:32
That's interesting , have stayed there a number of times and loved it - never saw hens & stags, that would put me off so I must check out latest reviews if thinking of returning- thanks
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 09:57
Regarding stags and hens - it depends on when you come, high season and later in the year you don't get so many. The food on most AI isn't good. You get what you pay for, it's not £100 a day like it is in the Caribbean...
Go away Duchatalet
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 10:46
Forte do vale is a five star hotel now and was lovely when I stayed tthere all of the 4 times , we went self catering cos we like eating out , its coming up at £783 al for a week in October so I would have thought if people pay that in low season - much more in high - they expect good food,
Wireman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 13:09
I get the AI would be an attraction for stags/hens and don't begrudge them having a good time, been on a few myself. Like Patti I have only stayed there prior to AI and would never consider it anywhere, never mind Albufeira.
Regular Visitor
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 13:12
I think that's down to demand Patti. Depends on what the difference is between AI and SC, but if they are charging that, then you are right, you should expect better!
Go away Duchatalet
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2016 at 15:43
£505 for self catering - as you say depends what you want / if you've children etc
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2016 at 09:59
We stayed there last June it was ok then. There was a stag party some Asian boys. They were very polite not to noisy and were there from Friday to Monday. But I got the impression then there would be more of them in the future and it seems to be that way now. We regularly stayed at CPO and Oura Praia long and short stay. Then we tried Forte do Vale and liked there to, stayed a few times. It seems MGM like to cater for the younger generation. which is understandable profit wise but the older folk seem to be forgotten. I liked staying at CPO but as you say prices have risen and I don't really want a hot tub on my veranda.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic