Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlbufeira Sightseeing Open Top Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2017 at 20:10
Thanks.
Looks like it's regular now then but there's absolutely no indication on any of the bus stops as to what time you can expect one to turn up so it's really pot luck if you want to go on one.
It says the frequency is every 60 minutes but without knowing the actual time that it arrives at a certain stop, you could be waiting for anything between 1 minute and 59 minutes.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2017 at 21:49
First time I was coming out here I planned to take a trip on the tour bus.  Luckily I was persuaded in this forum not to bother. The Giro buses are better and cheaper.  
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 08:45
Spot on from Dicey. The open top bus runs only every 60 minutes except in summer and they do not tell you when it might arrive at any given location. It's a pretty poor means of seeing anything, even though it goes to some places outside town that GIRO buses do not reach.

Today would not be the weather for it either!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 10:14
In it's defence, if the weather is conducive and you don't know the area, maybe a first time visitor, it's a great way to see Albufeira and it's near surrounding area, get your bearings, see what's within reach for later in your hols and, with the commentary, learn quite a bit you'd otherwise likely miss.
It isn't cheap, but then again this franchise, which runs in many towns and cities across the World, isn't cheap in any of them.
I wouldn't cross it off the list per se though.
Andrew
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 11:48
Despite visiting Albufeira well over a dozen times we have never been on this Sightseeing Tour Bus.

What sort of cost is it ? is there any commentary on route. Is it an hour long trip that's repeated over and over or does it visit different places

And most important of all, Is it value for money ?
cameronout
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 11:49
NOT a great way to see `Albufeira City` ... We try to persuade as many as possible to use giro instead, or our guided tour, which is 3 hours and shows off the city, with 36 page pocket guide included, for 7 euros this season ...
Pyrman
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2017 at 15:17
Giro is a public transport service to assist or provide travel to and from specific places, the red bus service is an informative tourist service showing area's that would likely interest tourists, you're comparing apples with pears.
I think if you're offering "..our guided tour," it's a little unfair to be dissing a competitor or alternative option.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic