Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGiro Bus users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 12:25
Yes, 1.40€. I take it you are aware of the card you can buy to bring the price down to 80 cents per trip.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2017 at 14:27
Thanks Bob.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2017 at 13:14
Yes the fares haven´t gone up for 2 years now. A one day tcket is still €4.

Reminds me I must top up my card. The card itself has a deposit of €3. You can then load with 10 or 20 journeys, which as Bob says brings the cost of any single journey down to 80 cents and also valid for 1 hour. Cards will deactivate if not used for 3 months though.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2017 at 11:15
The council's generosity knows no ends! RESIDENTS over 65 can now travel free on the GIRO buses on Saturdays. However special ID pass is needed, obtainable from council offices.

A normal monthly pass for senior residents is €11. Photo ID required.
Albufeira Resident

enrique View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2017 at 11:51
We are coming to Albufeira , usually we travel about on the tour train, but we are pensioners and the train day ticket is only 3 euros , but as has been noted a monthly Giro bus ticket is 11 euros, so as we normally stay at Brisa sol we are considering this , we only have to go to the Bus shop or station and show our passports , that would let us travel around to some of the places we have not been to in Albufeira, and we will probably get an idea of the times of the buses by using them on a regular bases
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 09:44
As far as I know, the €11 seniors pass is only available to residents of Albufeira. A normal monthly pass is €18 (photo required) , or you can buy a 20 journey pre paid pass (photo not required) for €16 + the €3 deposit for the pass card itself. That 20 journey pass does not expire with time.

I must check that information.

There is no official bus timetable isssued, but over the years we have worked out what they are - see www.algarve.info/albufeira.htm
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 12:11
Never used a pre paid pass but I think I will on my next visit.  The 20 journey pass sounds right for me for a week.  Using street view I've tried to find the Bus Shop in Av. da Liberdade but no luck.  Googling didn't help either.  Could someone give me a clue as to where in the Av. it is?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 15:31
I have the senior bus pass ... €5 for the card and €11 per month ... you need to fill out an application and provide a passport photo, as well as showing it for ID. Tell them you are staying for 2 months. You need to give them 5/6 days to process the application and make the card. Each time I come, I pay the 11 euro even if it is only for 7 days ... still cheaper than 80 cents a trip....

The bus shop is behind Liberdade bus terminal ... that is right at the opp. end from square.
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2017 at 16:55
Thanks Pyrman.  I'll know where to look now.

I'm there so seldom, maybe twice a year for 7 days, that only the 20 journey pass will be of use to me.  Having said that, I'm happy to pay the €1.40.  It seems a bargain to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic