Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa
    Posted: 02/May/2018 at 11:44
Holiday is over at the Vila Gale - brilliant hotel - it has a lovely very spacious pool area, very nice reception area , good quality and plentiful variety at breakfast, lovely staff , spa ( which we didn’t use ) nice rooms, it’s in a great location.
We had a beautiful view from our room, overlooking the pool and the sea in the distance. I would definitely recommend it, if not on a budget, it’s not cheap but I think it’s worth it if anyone is looking for really good 4star hotel. We ve stayed in quite a few over the years , from the Rocamar at one end to the Aqua Pedro dos biscos at the other end - both brilliant hotels- and quite a few in between but I really like this one.
We had a fabulous holiday, eat in lots of lovely restaurants , tried few new ones - A fragata was one and some old favourites - Casa da fonte.
Our weather was mixed but I still love Spring in the Algarve! 😊
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2018 at 16:36
Thumbs Up Glad you enjoyed it even with the rather iffy weather.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2018 at 20:21
I’m one of those people who doesn’t like it too hot and we go away often so I know I’ll get plenty of sun, I am back enjoying Albufeira, I just keep to the parts I really like now, and there are lots of lovely areas , marina, peneco beach and the lovely beach bar overlooking it , really nice hotels , some lovely restaurants plus lots more , Albufeira is so much more than the strip, noisy bars in the old town, stags and hens - you just have to go looking.    👍🏻😊
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 07:46
We would completely agree, we have been going over for 25 years, we used to enjoy the strip when we first went, but now we are shall we say a little more mature we enjoy different, more relaxed things to do and that is the strength of Albufeira that it can offer something for everyone.
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 13:42
I think that over the years the strip has changed. The upper part was always nicer in my opinion, more relaxed with family friendly bars and restaurants. Gradually everything moved downwards, the lower strip became more manic and things started dying off further up the hill. Even now the party really starts after Hotel Aldeia. I prefer the Old Town, I'm also getting a little more mature too, but if the Jupiter Hotel brings the rejuvenation expected to the top of the strip I'll try it again.
Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 16:11
Personally I don't think that the Jupiter will bring any new business to the top end of the Strip. The hotel is to be all inclusive which usually means the inmates don't go any further than the hotel door and that is when they are going home.The have paid for all inclusive and don't see the need to go out and pay again for meals.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 17:23
There will be some that go over the wire, Chloe, but not many.
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 20:30
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

There will be some that go over the wire, Chloe, but not many.
LOL LOL We recently had a couple of weeks all inclusive in Gran Canaria...The all inclusive was more by circumstance than choice....Had to escape camp a couple of nights for a "proper" night out.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2018 at 20:59
Just don’t get caught in the search lights, otherwise you’ll need a baseball and catchers glove! 😂🤣😂
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2018 at 07:49
Here are the latest views of Jupiter ..
http://albufeiraviews.yolasite.com/Jupiter-Albufeira.php
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic