Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airport charges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airport charges
    Posted: 15/February/2018 at 07:37
Did an initial query for car hire prices from Faro airport via Zest, for my next trip. Some of their suppliers are charging up to 55€ for on airport pick up.( out of hours charge P4 )Will this steer customers to not so favourable suppliers.
Never put off something that you could do today
Sponsored Links

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2018 at 18:54
I noticed that too and also noticed they don't seem to be  using  Travelrent anymore  ( well not for dates in May) which we have always  used.  EDIT: Whoops just done another search on Zest and found Travelrent, although slightly dearer than other companies they still only charge €15 airport charge, no out of hours as I think they are open on CP4 until after midnight. I think they still charge you €20 for transponder on pick up  but when you take the car back on departure if you havn't used it they refund the money.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2018 at 19:56
I've booked a car for next month through Zest and I noticed on my first search that "drive for fun" were not there, they were when I searched again.
I also noticed that some companies are requiring deposits of up to €1050, I have never had to leave more than a €300 holding deposit in Portugal before.
I have had to leave up to €1200 in the canaries, which was interesting when a car hire employee run in to us in the airport! Hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic