Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clube Praia da Oura (CPO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clube Praia da Oura (CPO)
    Posted: 14/August/2017 at 10:08
Moved to this more approprate place (by Moderator)

I AM SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR MY MESSAGE BUT HERE GOES YOU MAY REMEMBER ME MENTIONING MY DAUGHTER WAS DREADING COMING OVER ON HOLIDAY IN AUGUST.  SHE HAD BOOKED CPO SHE ARRIVED YESTERDAY AT 9.30 AM NEVER GOT IN THERE ROOM UNTIL 6.30 PM.  SHE WAS DISGUSTED THEY ARE NOT ON CPO COMPLEX AT ALL BUT IN SOME APARTMENTS WHICH MUTHU MUST OF ALSO PURCHASED THEY ARE SITUATED NEXT TO VILLA SIMOES. THE FURNITURE IS TYPICAL OLD STYLE CPO AND A DECENT UPDATED KITCHEN. THE BATH HAS ENAMEL CHIPPED OFF AND SMELLS VERY MUSTY WITH MOULD ON WALLS THE SINK UNIT SMELLS.   UNDERNEATH OF SINK UNIT IS COVERED IN MOULD THERE IS A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SINK UNIT THAT IS WET AND MOULDY AND SMELLS ATROCIOUS.  SHE HAS ASKED FOR ANOTHER APARTMENT ONLY TO BE TOLD YOU HAVE THE ROOM YOUR PROVIDER BOOKED FOR YOU THERE ARE NO OTHER ROOMS AVAILBLE.  THIS IS FOR ALL INCLUSIVE.  SHE IS TRYING AGAIN AFTER BREAKFAST FOR ANOTHER ROOM IN THE MEAN TIME I AM GETTING ON TO HER TRAVEL AGENT FROM HERE IN UK . BUT I THINK IT IS ONLY FAIR TO LET ANYONE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR ADVICE ECT DO NOT GO TO CPO READ THE REVIEWS.  HOPE I AM ALLOWED TO POST THIS SORRY IF IM NOT I JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE. I THINK MUTHU ARE RUINING CPO.
simpson
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 13:34
I follow hotels in Central Algarve for my tour and my pocket guide ... and I don`t have a clue what you mean here.  Can your daughter give us a street address ?

Also Muthu have over 4000 beds in town ... sorry for your trouble ... which should be taken up with the travel agent ... or an insurance company.  Also, Trip Advisor has a review page for CPO .. which would be more appropriate for you .. but please don`t write in capitals ...
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d291780-Reviews-Muthu_Clube_Praia_da_Oura-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.html
Pyrman
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 18:34
Hi Pryman I have and am apologising for the capitals I was that incensed I did not notice I had used them.  I am a very frequent writer on Trip Advisor  my user name is marialgarve and i do intend to write a review about this. My daughter booked all inclusive in CPO    they arrived at 9.30am and their room was not ready until 6.30pm.  They booked a superior  room.  They were put in a room that is situated on the road that you drive up to reach CPO opposite reception.  CPO reception refused to move them when they complained yesterday they went back again today however and were offered a new room on the complex tomorrow near the pool which is how the superior room was advertised on the web site .  I had by then phoned their travel agent and they had phoned  CPO  demanded a room that was advertise and were told they would move them straight away.They then phoned me. I have told her travel agent to read the reviews they receive.  I think that road is called rue oliver martins
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 20:24
Simpson:
I THINK MUTHU ARE RUINING CPO:
I think they are doing worse than that they are trying to take over and ruin Albuferia especially the Oura Praia neck of the woods.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2017 at 09:04
Great to see someone pro-active in getting things sorted ... a lesson to everyone else ... get in their faces .. and don`t give in. Also, give them a little leeway as they have been bringing cheap staff from the far east and simply haven`t adjusted to `service` standards as yet .. but they have been busy `upgrading` much of their property .. I think a good thing in the long run. Fairly certain TA reviews will give us a good window on their progress.
Pyrman
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2017 at 19:42
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Great to see someone pro-active in getting things sorted ... a lesson to everyone else ... get in their faces .. and don`t give in. Also, give them a little leeway as they have been bringing cheap staff from the far east and simply haven`t adjusted to `service` standards as yet .. but they have been busy `upgrading` much of their property .. I think a good thing in the long run. Fairly certain TA reviews will give us a good window on their progress.

Personally can`t see it being much of a "good thing" myself when the people of the Algarve rely mainly on tourism for their income and MGM are bringing in slave sorry cheap labour from the Far East.
No longer use the hotels but reports I have heard is CPO is like a prison camp. Oura Praia they have done nothing to that is fact. 
Forte Da Oura was home or party venue to circa 6-700 young Spaniards earlier in the year. CPO housed the majority of the Brits that were a nuisance last month.
They are interested in lining their pockets and they are not bothered who they trample on doing it for the fast buck.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 11:15
Sorry ... I was right in the middle of the spring group ... these young people were `volunteers` from all over .. and you would expect a little noise  ... of course, any hotel big enough in the UK would have taken them too. I am 71 and don`t expect Albufeira to be `reserved` for old farts. A few things went wrong with the later group .. from UK ... but not the hotel`s fault in any way. We must get used to this ... people are going to be coming here in even larger numbers ... that is fact.
Pyrman
Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 16:05
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Sorry ... I was right in the middle of the spring group ... these young people were `volunteers` from all over .. and you would expect a little noise  ... of course, any hotel big enough in the UK would have taken them too. I am 71 and don`t expect Albufeira to be `reserved` for old farts. A few things went wrong with the later group .. from UK ... but not the hotel`s fault in any way. We must get used to this ... people are going to be coming here in even larger numbers ... that is fact.

Yes, they will be coming here in larger numbers simply because they can get cheap booze from sun up to sun down at any MGM all inclusive establishment. Albufeira in my eyes is finished for the family groups and people who do not want to pickle their liver for a fortnight.
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 16:35
To be quite honest with you the all inclusive is not as good as it is supposed to be you cant have ice cream until. 4pm to 5pm how do you tell kids wait until 4pm  drinks can only be had from the ocean bar.  you cant have them in piano bar or bar where there is entertainment.   If you want water with your meal you have to buy it . you are allowed one glass of wine or juice with your meal unless you want to walk all the way down to the ocean bar and bring it to the restaurant.  But as you say no doubt some will sit in the ocean bar all day.  Daughter is fine now in there new room and she was also given a spray for the ants.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 20:46
Originally posted by simpson simpson wrote:

To be quite honest with you the all inclusive is not as good as it is supposed to be you cant have ice cream until. 4pm to 5pm how do you tell kids wait until 4pm  drinks can only be had from the ocean bar.  you cant have them in piano bar or bar where there is entertainment.   If you want water with your meal you have to buy it . you are allowed one glass of wine or juice with your meal unless you want to walk all the way down to the ocean bar and bring it to the restaurant.  But as you say no doubt some will sit in the ocean bar all day.  Daughter is fine now in there new room and she was also given a spray for the ants.

Not like any AI that we ever went on, although that was 15 years ago.
How can it be "All Inclusive" when you have to pay for water and are rationed on other things?
I mean, there's really no other interpretation of the words "all" and "inclusive" that I'm aware of.
Either it's "All Inclusive" or it isn't and the description above from simpson says to me that it isn't.
I'd be straight to Trading Standards quoting the Trades Description Act if it was me.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2017 at 09:33
We stayed in the CPO less than two years ago. It was indeed like a prison camp and was undergoing building work. We were billeted in a tiny studio at the rear of the complex. It took me two days of my holiday to get moved to the type of room I paid for.
My opinion is that it is just too large a complex, but having said that lots of people seemed to be enjoying themselves.
We will never go back there.
Ally
Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2017 at 13:47
I know of a lot of the long stayers who used to go year in year out to CPO but after the last couple of years have either gone somewhere else in Albufeira or gone somewhere else entirely.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2017 at 14:12
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by simpson simpson wrote:

Not like any AI that we ever went on, although that was 15 years ago.
How can it be "All Inclusive" when you have to pay for water and are rationed on other things?
I mean, there's really no other interpretation of the words "all" and "inclusive" that I'm aware of.
Either it's "All Inclusive" or it isn't and the description above from simpson says to me that it isn't.
I'd be straight to Trading Standards quoting the Trades Description Act if it was me.

Quite agree Dicey, but the T & Cs always state exactly what you get in these places, people just don't read them properly. The travel companies cover their backsides good n proper.

The fact is that most hotels here don't want to do AI, they are forced into it by travel companies trying to protect themselves from DIY holidaymakers. Folk are daft if they expect Caribbean style AI for an extra fiver a day on top of what they would pay for B n B.    
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2017 at 14:52
Originally posted by Chloe Chloe wrote:

I know of a lot of the long stayers who used to go year in year out to CPO but after the last couple of years have either gone somewhere else in Albufeira or gone somewhere else entirely.

Chloe the numbers were well down in the bars in the CPO/Oura Praia area over last winter/spring mainly due to the lack of more senior long stayers.
That area is normally very well inhabited over the low season.
Might have been due to Santa Eulalia Hotel being closed for a spruce up and Oura Praia being closed most likely because MGM may as well have everybody in the one complex CPO which is their perogative.
But you would still expect to see familiar faces using the same haunts.
One bar in particular it was like all the Elvis`s and Frank Sinatra`s had left the building if you know which bar I mean Clap.
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2017 at 17:14
We always used to stay in cpo or oura praia for long stay but it is a few years now since we stayed there last time we stayed Muthu had just taken over and not much  had changed we then started staying in forte do vale. Then Muthu took over there.   We have not done a long stay since.  Just a fortnight in the Brisa Sol and trying to book them is hard.   We booked straight with them on their web site.  Looking more towards the old town now but we love the new town as well. They say nothing last for ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic