Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bus to IKEA anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bus to IKEA anyone?
    Posted: 10/August/2017 at 13:47
I don't know whether this is useful or not, but the buses between Faro and Loulé now officially stop at IKEA.

This means that on weekdays, with a change of bus in Loulé, it's possible to get from Albufeira to IKEA in about an hour. On Saturdays and Sundays some buses run through Loulé thus no change.

I have updated the relevant pages on my website :

Albufeira - Loulé www.algarvebus.info/016.htm

I cannot tell you where at the IKEA complex the buses stop nor the exact times. The official timetable leaflet does not give the time at any intermediate stop between Faro and Loulé.

Shoudl anyone be brave enough to take this trip, any additional information gratefully received.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 15:21
Useful info as usual but it's difficult to get a double bed & a wardrobe on a bus Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 16:39
I wonder why anyone goes to IKEA without a pantechnicon.

I suppose someone might go there, order something for their holiday pad and arrange for it to be delivered.

Not me. stripped pine isn't my thing.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 17:28
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Not me. stripped pine isn't my thing.

Don't you mean pine veneered chip board?
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2018 at 12:38
Bit of an update - https://wordpress.com/post/cubsur51.wordpress.com/6321

IKEA isn't all stripped pine of course. Problem is that if I started spending there I would never stop. There were some tempting items and not really expensive.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2018 at 18:42
NEW FREE BUS FROM ALBUFEIRA OPERATED BY MAR SHOPPING / IKEA

This was still running on 4th September, I saw it. Local publicity is absolutely zero and there is nothing I can see on their website or Facebook. How stupid !!
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic