Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky TV
    Posted: 30/July/2017 at 00:15
Anyone know of any bar etc in Olhos de Agua or nearby who would be showing Gaelic football matches next Saturday afternoon that are on Sky TV?
Sponsored Links

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 06:35
There a plenty of bars in Olhos that have Sky TV but not sure they would have the Gaelic Football on automatically. Best thing to do is make some enquiries a day or so beforehand. If they have more than one screen they'll probably put it on for you if you ask them.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 07:57
I'd wager that most of the Irish bars will have it on.
Andrew
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 19:07
I don't recall an Irish bar in Olhos de agua when we visited numerous times pre-2016.
But the Galleon Bar and Acqua Gelataria Pizzeria, opposite each other at the start of the pedestrian area by the beach would always advertise Gaelic football.
Just check the chalk boards outside a few days before. Or as DiceyUK says, if in doubt, just ask!
Enjoy Smile
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 19:54
Not sure the Galleon Bar, which we've used a good few times as they make a good brew of tea, is still going - it's been closed, locked up and looking decidedly empty everytime we've been past it over the last year or so.
The last time we were down there was in April and I think it was shut then.
They were always open pretty much every day all year round in the past.
Can remember watching cricket in there (Aus v Eng) on Boxing Day one year.
Like sidsmum I haven't seen an Irish Bar in Olhos

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 22:09
There's many on the strip, Montechero, along the dual carriageway and in Old Town.
Amazed, given all the glitz in Olhos, that there isn't an Irish bar. An opportunity there!
Andrew
gerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2017 at 22:12
Hi Diceyuk I see you have got a new girlfriend she looks goodeeee and that is not a thumbs down for the last one who also looked fantastic, hopefully we will get that game of golf this year or early next.
Gerry
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2017 at 07:48
There are no Irish bars in Olhos.
Galleon Bar was open when we were over in June. Also, you could ask at Pinnoquios. They have several screens showing different matches/sports, and the owner put one of the lower division (Oldham Athletic) matches on for my husband last year.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2017 at 14:56
Originally posted by gerry gerry wrote:

Hi Diceyuk I see you have got a new girlfriend she looks goodeeee and that is not a thumbs down for the last one who also looked fantastic, hopefully we will get that game of golf this year or early next.
Gerry

Same girlfriend, different picture.
Would love a game of golf - I'm there 6 weeks mid Sept to Mid Oct, 3 weeks Mid Nov to early Dec and 6 weeks end Jan until early March.
Just send me a PM.
gerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2017 at 09:27
Hi Diceyuk
I hope to visit the Algarve quite a lot in the latter part of the year but nothing booked yet. Can I meet your girlfriend either one will do 😎
Gerry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic