Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExcessive noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excessive noise
    Posted: 21/March/2017 at 16:41
I own an apartment in a private apartment block. A resident in another apartment is running a business during the day which is some kind of metal work.This results in loud hammering and the drilling, grinding and cutting of metal using electrical power tools.The noise can be heard throughout the complex.
I have complained to the Property Management company about a week ago but the situation has not changed.
There is no way that anyone in the complex could sell their property due to the noise level and I don't want to sell mine as,apart from this problem, I am very happy here.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2017 at 17:09
Chase up the property management company, and tell them you expect a response within a week or you will go to the police. Make sure you put it in writing, send it by registered post if necessary. Then if they don't respond, complain to the GNR.
Go away Duchatalet
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2017 at 19:36
Thanks A A,I will do that.
Chloe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 13:29
Is there a condominium within the complex? If so you could try complaining to them. Surely there is some law about running a business from a private dwelling? and particularly something like this. As AA says, involve the GNR. That could well have the desired effect.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 15:14
I was assuming the management company ran the condominium Chloe, as they often do.
Go away Duchatalet
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2017 at 22:31
Yes A A, the management company run the condominium,in the near future, we will be informed of the charges for the current year, that will be an interesting meeting! I ,surely, cannot be the only resident to have complained about the excessive noise and the two owners of the apartments that are for sale,must have a vested interest in stopping the aforesaid. I am going to bring this matter to the attention of the estate agents involved as I am sure that they would want this resolved. A couple of extra irons in the fire can't hurt.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 08:42
Sounds exactly the way to proceed to me Phil. Good luck - let us know how you get on please?  
Go away Duchatalet
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 16:54
I left my apartment at 10.50 this morning and prior to that,no noise.Most Unusual as hammering normally commenced around 09.05.I returned around 16.10,again,no noise.At this time, every afternoon, power tools have been used to cut and grind metal.Has the problem been solved,I wonder,or is that too much to hope for? Tomorrow will prove it,one way or another, as the only respite has been on Sundays.
I will keep everyone informed. I am sure many people have been following these events as,ultimately, this could affect aanyone who suffers from excessive noise.
I would like to thank A A and Chloe for their input and concern over my situation.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 19:09
Originally posted by Phil. Phil. wrote:

I left my apartment at 10.50 this morning and prior to that,no noise.Most Unusual as hammering normally commenced around 09.05.I returned around 16.10,again,no noise.At this time, every afternoon, power tools have been used to cut and grind metal.Has the problem been solved,I wonder,or is that too much to hope for? Tomorrow will prove it,one way or another, as the only respite has been on Sundays.
I will keep everyone informed. I am sure many people have been following these events as,ultimately, this could affect aanyone who suffers from excessive noise.
I would like to thank A A and Chloe for their input and concern over my situation.

Good luck mate hope it is sorted for youThumbs Up. Nothing worse than thoughtless people who don`t give a damn about everybody else with their noise...yapping dogs come to mind. 
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 22:52
God,I too hope that it's sorted, yapping dogs are often a cause of complaint but,fortunately, not one that affects me . However, anyone affected has my heartfelt sympathy.
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2017 at 17:11
I have been in my apartment all day,no noise until 13.45 when there were four strikes with a hammer.My heart dropped but that was it,nothing more. Was this a last gesture of defiance? Maybe, I have to wait and see what Monday brings.I must say that,comparitively speaking, it has been like paradise without the hammering and the cutting, drilling and grinding with power tools. Fingers crossed!
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2017 at 18:28
Perhaps the hammer strokes were the final breakthrough of the tunnel to the bank next door 😂😂

Fingers crossed
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2017 at 10:29
Probably burying 'erindoors in a false wall.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2017 at 11:43
Thanks Jock and Big Col,after the past few months,I can use all the humour I can get!
A 90 years old man wanted to buy antidepressants in the Chemists. The Pharmacist told him that he couldn't sell them to him as a photo of his 87 year old wife and a marriage certificate were not sufficient!
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2017 at 11:30
Have had friends staying with me for a week.He is a tiler and says that the cutting with an angle grinder is the smell noise as when he cuts tiles.He also saw the person concerned carrying extra large tiles up to his apartment, we conclude that he has cleared his old tiles throughout (accounts for the banging noise )accounts nd is in the process of re - tiling. What we can't understand is why it has taken months,my mate says that he could do the lot in a fortnight!
As it appears to be a non commercial operation, I will just have to put up with the situation and hope that it is nearly finished.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic