Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pub quizzes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2017 at 15:20
Well, not necessarily Col...
Go away Duchatalet
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 12:08
Great!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2017 at 22:15
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

From Thursday at The Arte Bar, round one starting 9.45, the format will be 2 rounds then live music, 2 more rounds, more music then the answers. Should then be every Monday and Thursday if all goes well...

Perry, will you be quizzing next week?
Dave & I will be over for 8 glorious days Cool Cannot wait

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2017 at 08:13
Smashing! Yes Monday and Thursday, starting a little later, at 10PM... Look forward to seeing you both.  
Go away Duchatalet
TomUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/June/2017 at 19:02
Last time I heard, Carlos was also appearing at the Alfagar Hotel. I believe his older brother Ze Lara is still appearing around the area sometimes as well.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2017 at 20:10
Perry, are you still quiz master extraordinaire at Arte Bar, Monday & Thursday?

We arrive with friends on Sunday evening.
Thanks M.  
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2017 at 20:37
Arte is a lovely bar with very good and friendly service, but, don't be ordering food from the establishment upstairs, eat elsewhere before going to Arte, as I say great bar but the neighbouring, as in upstairs, restaurant, Indian and English, is a deffinate MISS!
Andrew
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2017 at 11:24
Love a good Pub Quiz. Unfortunately, smart phones have ruined all quizzes as people just can`t seem to be able not to cheat.
cameronout
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2017 at 12:03
Yes, quiz Thursday and Monday. When I am not the quiz master, I don't let cheats spoil my fun, I am playing against myself at the end of the day. It doesn't cost anything to enter and I don't need a bottle of wine that much that I care if some numpty has to Google the answers. It's impossible to stop people when they have kids (and some adults) as they are physically unable to not look at their electronic device for more than 10 minutes... Sad.
Go away Duchatalet
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2017 at 20:27
Sorry off topic a bit,

I'm surprised at the comments about the Indian above Arte bar, only eaten there a few times but always been nice
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2017 at 23:12
I hear you, and we all have different experiences.
Our griefs, firstly two hours from ordering to being served?
Meals ordered wrong, chick tikka ordered, plain chick served? A dish with "no coriander" , came with coriander...
The usual.. omelette was that thin it was more like a crepe.. chips.. more than eight would have been appreciated.. salad, lettuce that was sweaty and brown around the edges..
Sorry, there were many of us there that night, several didn't pay it was that s, h, one, t...
BUT. Arte bar don't do food, great bar, great service, this is adjacent "restaurant" that serves food to the Arte bar terrace, I'm keen to make sure what's being said.. Arte bar, superb, the third party adjacent Indian/English restaurant that serve to the Arte terrace.., far from.
Andrew
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2017 at 20:48
Sorry to hear about your poor experience Andrew. As I said we have only eaten there a few times but when we did we ate on the Arte bar terrace which is a great place to relax with a drink.
The service was prompt, food good and as ordered, not doubting you just saying what our experiences were.
I wouldn't say it's my favourite place to eat but we were there and we were hungry and it did the job.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2017 at 12:27
Going to be out 16-22 October. Perry, will you still be running quizzes at the Arte bar then?
I ask because it's a bit late in the season by then.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2017 at 12:58
Yes Derek,  we will still be at it mate - look forward to seeing you again.
Go away Duchatalet
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2017 at 16:48
See you then. Regards to Karen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic