Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 13:36
It's disgraceful - now I know why I try to use easyjet most of the time
I wonder are they in trouble ...
I would ve thought they'll loose customers but then again people can't resist a cheap flight - including me !
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 20:21
Has anyone been or know anyone that has been affected yet by the Ryanair flight cancellations.
Loving it in the sun

i hate ryanair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i hate ryanair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 23:15
yes me, should have flown out last tuesday night, got a text from ryanair 3 hours before i was set to go to airport, i always defended this airline, no more, Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 23:25
When did you travel eventually
Loving it in the sun

i hate ryanair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i hate ryanair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 23:49
i havent yet, am flying out monday with thomson, amazingly i got a return light for under £100, hotel sorted as well, need this break so much now, 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2017 at 13:05
Hope everything goes OK Monday and you have a great holiday :)
Loving it in the sun

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 21:52
A list of all Ruinair cancellations thru to end of October can be found here

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

No worries, they say it's only 50 flights per day and it's less than 2% of all flights LOL

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 21:57
The best bit of that book is the chapter "The official Ryanair joke", hilarious!
I think it was posted on here but a good few years ago.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 22:00
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

The best bit of that book is the chapter "The official Ryanair joke", hilarious!
I think it was posted on here but a good few years ago.

Yes it's a good read if you can still find a copy.
I had one but gave it away to somebody who works for BA who are now trying very hard to become the next Ryanair
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 22:03
Here you go, a quick search, here's the joke...

"A gentleman was in Stansted Airport, killing time until his next flight was due. He walked into a bar, ordered a drink and sat down at a table. Then, in walks one of the most beautiful girls that he has ever laid eyes on. She delicately walks past him, with a smile, sending the most delicate aroma of perfume in his direction, and sits down at the table opposite. He realises straight away that she is most likely an off-duty air hostess, as she is in uniform - but not being a man that flies very often, and knowing very little about airlines, apart from airline slogans! - he's not sure which airline she works for! He can't keep his eyes off her, she is stunning, and it is like love at first sight!

Hoping to pick her up for a date and to impress her, he quickly recalls some airline slogans!

He leant over to her table and uttered the Delta airlines Slogan "We love to fly and it shows"

She managed a little smile, but at the same time gave him a bit of a blank and confused look.

He immediately thought to himself "Damn, she doesn't work for Delta"!

Two minutes later another slogan popped into his head, he leant over to her table again and uttered the Malaysian Airlines slogan "Going beyond expectations"

This time she didn't smile, gave him a harsh blank stare and an even more confused look.

He now thought "she doesn't work for Malaysian Airlines either, I've got to get it right the 3rd time or I've blown it"

A minute later he leant over to her again and sang the words "b-mi, b-mi, b-mi little baby" in the desperate hope that he would be correct this time in assuming that she worked for BMI.

She suddenly turned on him and said "For f**ks sake man you stupid ba***rd, you're acting like an a**e hole, what in the name of f**k do you want?

He smiled, slumped back in his chair and said "Ahhhhhhhh now I know, you work for Ryanair!!!!!!!!!!"
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 22:35
Luckily my daughters flights to and from Albufeira have not been cancelled. Arriving this Friday. She loves the place as much as I do.
Loving it in the sun

Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 01:40
Yes thankfully our family trip is not affected !
Some who had booked with Ryanair were a bit worried 😬
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 18:24
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

It's disgraceful - now I know why I try to use easyjet most of the time
I wonder are they in trouble ...
I would ve thought they'll loose customers but then again people can't resist a cheap flight - including me !

I`m the opposite Patti I avoid Easyjet because they are always 2 hours late when I fly with them.
As usual all blown out of proportion because it is Ryanair. Hardly any flights affected are through provincial airports only the major airports where the flights would no doubt be flying half empty so nowhere near as many people affected as is trying to be made out.
Paddy O`leary will be looking to minimise compensation and has an idea which routes are underused.
Booked 8 flights last night with Ryanair starting at £14.99 between Faro/Newcastle. Even New Year`s Eve to fly back here...Faro.. was only £34.99.
I will have those prices and take my chances.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 18:46
Flights are one thing, but if you have booked parking or transport, destination transfers and hotels for a certain date and find you cannot get there, all that has to be cancelled and re-arranged in your time and initially at your expense. It's the short notice people were yelling about.

Radio quoted this morning that their mass email was sent out at night after the telephone help lines had closed. Whether that's true or not I cannot say. Apparently their website crashed earlier today.

At least O'Leary had the decency to say it was a serious management error not to properly plan ahead for annual leave and aircraft maintenance. They have also I hear recently lost a large number of pilots to rival airlines.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 20:58
Never had a problem with easyJet - only 2 seriously delayed flights in 15 years (circa 150 flights) and they were because of French ATC strikes.
Only ever flown with Ryanair once, albeit it was several years ago, and that was like flying with SABENA - Such A Bad Experience Never Again!
It just seems incredible to me that they can get it so wrong with pilot holidays as surprisingly they do tend to happen every year.
The fact that 150 pilots have defected to Norwegian Air says it all.
If you can't keep the people who actually fly the aircraft then you are in deep stuck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 83>
  Share Topic