Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 11:39
Unless you don't have any bags.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 13:24
Every time we've taken hold bags, which isn't often nowadays, we've always found Faro to be very quick.
Hope things improve before September 12th as there's nothing I hate more than queueing at airports when I arrive.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Analogue.man.in.a.di View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogue.man.in.a.di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2017 at 14:05
[QUOTE=DICEYUK]Every time we've taken hold bags, which isn't often nowadays, we've always found Faro to be very quick.
Hope things improve before September 12th as there's nothing I hate more than queueing at airports when I arrive.
Clap
Yes, I've noticed that as well.
Maybe, with the handlers working for private companies, they prefer clearing the bag conveyers when deciding whether or not to leave the E-passport booths open or not.

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2017 at 19:48
I don't think the baggage handlers, Groundforce, et al, have anything at all to do with border control.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 11:10
Border control is the responsbility of armed agents of the SEF frontier police, both on entry to Faro and exit. 

If they go on strike, there might be only one booth open instead of let's say 3 or 4. That could cause problems getting into the departure gates for everyone and also arriving at the airport from UK and Ireland. But as has been said, unless you are coming hand luggage only, it makes no difference waiting say 15 minutes to be allowed to to enter Portugal or 15 minutes waiting for your bags.

Outbound security and baggage handling generally won't be affected unless they go on strike as well. But I have to say that on my last but one flight from Faro security were supposed to be on strike and I cleared the queues in 9 minutes. I did check, around 20 flights were due out in the two hours following, so passenger numbers were about normal.

But why worry? There's nothing we the traveller can do about this. I just hope that at least one or two of those responsible for the 'rules' go on holiday the same way as us mere mortals and are subject to the same unhealthy treatment. A forlorn hope, I know.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2017 at 19:51
Enjoyed the Easyjet programme last night....if you missed it Andrew while travelling you will enjoy it have to watch it on catch up.
Few insights behind the scenes. Mind a bit disturbing when one of the cabin crew is chatting up the co-pilot midflight while the plane is cruising along a x hundred miles an hour LOL.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 08:13
Thanks Paul, yes, that programme is on my list to catch up on.
Last night I saw the "Flights from hell" one, unbelievable!
Andrew
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 09:29
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Thanks Paul, yes, that programme is on my list to catch up on.
Last night I saw the "Flights from hell" one, unbelievable!

Not the best flyer myself....so I found something on the other side Embarrassed LOL.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2017 at 23:08
Just watched the easyJet one Paul, very interesting on the training side, can't believe Cornelius, already a FO and looking for the next stripe would be naive enough to be caught on camera talking like that, didn't do himself or easyJet any favours I thought.
The rest was very interesting though, look forward to next weeks episode.
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2017 at 11:04
Ryanair have released summer 2018 for Dublin and London ... others should follow, plus Easyjet, etc ... in the next few days ...
Pyrman
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2017 at 14:02
Confirm Ryanair have released most flights now until end of June 2018 ... I have just booked my flight back from Faro mid-May into Prestwick ... 20k bag, seat, priority boarding .. £63. That`s not bad ..  Cool
Pyrman
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2017 at 15:52
Easyjet website updated today. Now says -

Coming up late September 2017

Travel between: 25th March - 24th June 2018

Probably be Thurs 21st or Thurs 28th

Travel between: 25th March -
24th June 2018
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2017 at 12:14
It's usually been a Thursday but:-

The next batch of Easyjet flights, for flights up to 24th June, will go on sale from   Wednesday 20 September.

This includes Easter, May bank holidays and May half term.
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 10:41
In case you haven't noticed, Ryanair have summarily cancelled up to 100 flights every day across Europe for the next several weeks. This includes flights to and from Faro also Lisbon.

News item - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryanair-cancel-50-flights-every-11180262

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2017 at 12:09
Bummer! I "hope" to travel in 4 weeks time.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 83>
  Share Topic