Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2015 at 10:13
It's always worth shopping around. Our problem is lack of competition as Jet2 are the only other "low cost" airline operating the route to Faro and their prices are very high. The flight times for both are good though.

We already have the outward leg booked so just need to secure the return, which is usually the more expensive, otherwise we may have to stay in Albufeira indefinitely! Wink

Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2015 at 06:47
Anyone in Albufeira fancy a cheap visit to Porto?
Ryanair flights in January (Faro to Porto) currently available at 7.99 Euro each way
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2015 at 08:44
€45.57 on 15th December!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 07:11
Well that's our return EasyJet flights sorted for next September and at a good price too. Now just need to find somewhere to stay.  Smile

Colin
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 10:58
Hi big col,
what time do the flights just come onto the website ? Was watching them from midnight, kept watching but got tired went to bed, booked this morning, not as cheap as I had got them before but not bad 😊
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 11:24
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

Hi big col,
what time do the flights just come onto the website ? Was watching them from midnight, kept watching but got tired went to bed, booked this morning, not as cheap as I had got them before but not bad 😊

Patti

I'm not sure if they are all available at the same time or whether it depends on the route. I was up at 5:30 (pretty normal) but my flights weren't available to book until about 7am.

Console yourself by watching the price increase - mine has already gone up just under £150 (for 2 passengers) in the last 4 hours.  Smile
Colin
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 12:39
Absolutely 😊
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 12:58
When I booked on 10th September I got such an amazing price for end April £140 return two people Belfast to faro, don't think I'll get that again, it doubled few days after that !
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 13:26
Your lucky, we paid £720 Manchester - Faro return for two people with jet 2 including insurance and seat selection
cameronout
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 14:43
Oh I was , I won't think £200 return for two is dear again!
we're lucky we have easyjet and aer lingus go from here, and I always book early which helps
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2015 at 14:49
By the way that's just hand luggage, I can put bag on at later date if I wish and I never use seat selection, I'm happy just to get a seat for that price! 😀
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2015 at 11:37
Was travelling back yesterday & had no internet when we got home so had to book this morning.
Sept 13th to Oct 21st
Southend-Faro-Southend.
No extras
2 people
£180
And they were the cheapest available a week either side of those dates.
Paid £140 for almost the same dates for this year so a 1 day delay in booking has probably cost us around £40.

BTW, the Smoking Lounge at Faro Airport is still closed as is the whole of that top floor.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 10:12
Excuse if this has been dealt with before ... but only recently discovered it. EASYJET is the only airline which guarantees everyone its lowest fare. If you book and the price drops (not a `sale`) ... my March flight GLA-FAO dropped by £35 four weeks after booking in Nov 2015 ... you can claim it back, though they only give vouchers valid for any service they provide (seats, meals, flights) within six months. No good to me as I had already booked for September 2016 with them.

Not well publicised and probably diddling many thousands of passengers ... so check forward prices and claim if you can.
Pyrman
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 12:18
And the vouchers are only for the lead passenger.

So if you book 6 mates on a golfing trip, spot the price drop & claim the vouchers, you needn't tell them

You could then use the vouchers for new flights (to go and find some new friends)
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 14:22
I knew was aware of this some time ago but I'd forgotten about it.
Checked all my flights that I've booked right though to September & they've all gone up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 83>
  Share Topic