Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 12:14
Just found out something today that I was previously unaware of.
We have a flight with Easyjet on the 27th January.
It was booked as a return flight (i.e. both flights booked at the same time & on the same booking number)
We wanted to add 1 bag to the hold for the outward flight only but to do that online you have to book the bag both ways and it was going to cost £34.
I sent an email to Easyjet 3 days ago asking if it was possible to add a bag one way only.
To my surprise I got a reply this morning that said this was possible.
Was told I would have to phone Customer Services (0330 365 5000) as you cannot do it online.
Got through & spoke to someone and added the bag one way for £17.
It took less than 5 minutes.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 12:42
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Just found out something today that I was previously unaware of.
We have a flight with Easyjet on the 27th January.
It was booked as a return flight (i.e. both flights booked at the same time & on the same booking number)
We wanted to add 1 bag to the hold for the outward flight only but to do that online you have to book the bag both ways and it was going to cost £34.
I sent an email to Easyjet 3 days ago asking if it was possible to add a bag one way only.
To my surprise I got a reply this morning that said this was possible.
Was told I would have to phone Customer Services (0330 365 5000) as you cannot do it online.
Got through & spoke to someone and added the bag one way for £17.
It took less than 5 minutes.

Great info - we are looking to do just that when we pop back to the UK for Mum=in-law's 80th in April. Cheers Dicey!
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 13:40
and to add to that....Liz at work flying back to UK and wanted to book a bag just for return leg. She has been told she can do this once the outward leg is complete. I assume this is to be done online.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 14:32
I'm not sure about that. As far as I know there is no way to do that online without paying for it both ways. Best to check. Here's what my email said

Thank you for contacting easyJet regarding booking *******.

With regards to your query about adding a hold bag for one way only, you can do this by calling our customer services as you can not do it online.

Our customer services numbers can be found by clicking
here

You can put one bag in the hold weighing up to 20kg via our customer services (£11 - £21 per bag per flight, depending on the route and flight period)

And this was my question which I submitted here

http://support.easyjet.com/request.do?forward=contact&category={551314e0-8273-11e2-d56f-000000000000}

I want to add a hold bag to my flight on 27/1/2015. Is it possible to only pay for this one way (outward) as I do not want to bring it back. If so how much will it cost and how do I go about arranging it.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 16:37
Checked with Liz and she said she was told online, once 1st leg completed. I think she had rung them but she also only managed to join facebook a month ago and has a coal fired phone so..........
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 18:57
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

Checked with Liz and she said she was told online, once 1st leg completed. I think she had rung them but she also only managed to join facebook a month ago and has a coal fired phone so..........

By coal fired I assume you mean one more than twenty minutes old, given your track record Pete...
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2015 at 20:26
at least 2 months old!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2015 at 05:41
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

Checked with Liz and she said she was told online, once 1st leg completed.

I'm flying out next Tuesday (27th) so I'll try to book a bag online for the return after I arrive.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2015 at 08:05
Nearly forgot about this but have just checked this morning.
Yes, you can add a hold bag for your return flight once you've made your outward flight & it's easy to do.
Just go to your bookings and it's shown as an option for your upcoming flight - "Add Hold Items"
If I wanted to add a bag now to my flight back to the UK later this month it's quoting me £17.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2015 at 16:46
Probably a little known item in Easyjets T's & C's that may be of interest.

Article 25 Price Promise

25.1 If You have, or the Booker on Your behalf has, made a Booking directly through the Website and You, or the Booker, subsequently find that lower fares (when taken together with all applicable fees and charges) for the same easyJet Flight have become available, You will be refunded the difference as a credit voucher against future Flights on easyJet. The only exception to this “price promise” is if the lower fares have been offered as part of a promotional offer that is launched after You have purchased the Flight. For the avoidance of doubt, this Article 25 will not apply to any Booking made on Your behalf by any licensed third party booking systems (e.g.: travel agents, screen scrapers) or through easyJet’s Call Centre.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions

Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page for more details

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2015 at 13:02
Well Spotted, but I would think the odds of actually getting a credit voucher from Easy Jet are higher than Imortal winning the Champions League
Ally
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2015 at 19:12
We do this all the time, normally end up with one free flight a year!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2015 at 05:34
Cabin bag limits about to get smaller?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33076492
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3117250/New-effort-ease-travel-anxiety-assuring-bag-fits-bin.html

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2015 at 08:45
Travel Anxiety = people who don't know how to use a tape measure, which I would have thought even readers of certain newspapers could manage.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2015 at 10:33
All very well, unless you weighed out on two new bags that fitted the old dimensions less than six months ago...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 83>
  Share Topic