Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 09:33
Another good reason for not flying Ryanair.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783243/Jet-wing-ripped-two-Ryanair-planes-crash-airport-parking-accident.html
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 10:44
We just booked two returns for December, Monarch from Birmingham, £104 total, happy with that, £26 each, each way? Nice one.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 13:14
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Another good reason for not flying Ryanair.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783243/Jet-wing-ripped-two-Ryanair-planes-crash-airport-parking-accident.html

Cheers for that, what made me laugh is the signage or ID lettering on the airport vehicle just below and behind in the photo of the two damaged wings, did they deliberately park a car there with, in large letters, "OPS" painted on it's side? Too funny.

(I know it's short for Operations, but it's so close to Oops, it made me laugh)
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2014 at 12:30
Heads Up

Easyjet now taking bookings up to early September 2015

Just booked Southend/Faro 30th June to 4th August - 2 people return with no extras or add ons (except CC fee) for a grand total of £170.30.

Very happy with that  - just over £40 per flight and about £30 cheaper than we paid for similar dates this year.  Tongue
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2014 at 10:42
I see Blackpool Airport closes next Wednesday for good.  Will that be a problem for anyone?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2014 at 16:01
Easyjet flights for September/October are now available.

Just got mid September to mid October for £136 - 2 people, no speedy boarding, no pre-booked seats, no hold baggage
Not bad - just under £35 per flight, per person  Smile

Also Air Passenger Duty for children under 12 has been abolished from May 2015 - if you've already booked flights & paid it you can get a refund.

As a matter of interest, we fly to Faro 4 times a year (Feb, May, July, Sept) and always around the same sort of dates each year, give or take a week or two, depending on the flight cost.
We now have all 4 trips for 2015 booked and it will be the cheapest year for flights since I started keeping records.

In 2013 the flights cost us £877
In 2014 the flights cost us £682
For 2015 the flights cost us £557
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2014 at 17:16
Yes, we could get similar dates for around £160 (i.e. £40pp per flight)but would need to add on luggage (£72) & reserved seats (£15). As you say not bad prices.

Trouble is, I've already booked flights and would be returning on September 9th so it will be a little difficult to go straight back out again
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 07:51

Nice one Dicey Big smile

I have alraedy paid for flights in April for my 3 grand kids all under 12. How do I get the refund? Do I need to claim or will Ryan-air pay it back retrospectively into my bank account.
Ally
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 07:58
Can't post a link, but Google "Cheap Flights" by Fascinating Aida - hilarious...

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 08:20
Excellent, what a good laugh at this time of the morning. Thanks for the posting
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 08:45
Originally posted by Super__Ally Super__Ally wrote:

I have alraedy paid for flights in April for my 3 grand kids all under 12. How do I get the refund? Do I need to claim or will Ryan-air pay it back retrospectively into my bank account.

It doesn't come into effect until May 1st next year so it looks like you'll just miss out Ally.

I booked Easyjet flights for next August for my daughter's family (2 adults & 2 children aged 3 & 6).
I got an email yesterday from Easyjet telling me that I was now due a refund and giving me details of how to go about it -

We can see from your booking that you have booked a flight/s for a child/children who are 16 or under. If the child/children will be under 12 on your date of flight departure from a UK airport then you will be eligible for a refund on the APD you paid at the time of booking.

If you qualify for a refund and you're travelling to Europe or beyond please go to easyJet.com 'manage bookings' and enter your travel document details (APIS/ID information). You'll need the passport or identity card details of everyone travelling in order to do this.

Once you've entered your details we'll do the rest and you'll receive a refund directly onto the card you used to make the booking within the next 28 days.

Don't know what Ryanair will do - they're probably trying to find something in their T's & C's that says they don't have to pay it back Wink

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 10:11
Am I being overly cynical when I say that the abolition of Air Passenger Duty for those under 16 is nothing but a cheap pre-election ploy to grab a few votes from the cap-doffing, thank 'ee master uttering and eternally grateful electorate? (No, it cannot be as so few people bother to vote anyway.)

And why do 16 and 17 year olds still pay APD? They are not adults.

The current huge drop in world oil prices should, but probably won't, lead to a fall in airline costs. Perhaps not right now because someone bought their current supplies of fuel on a long term fixed price deal when the price was high, but I will bet they are running around looking for the next 3 years worth.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 12:15
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Am I being overly cynical when I say that the abolition of Air Passenger Duty for those under 16 is nothing but a cheap pre-election ploy to grab a few votes from the cap-doffing, thank 'ee master uttering and eternally grateful electorate?

No you are not Tom. And of course the reduction applies to their rich pals too, who are more likely to fly more often...
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 17:29
Thanks Perry that was hilarious
Loving it in the sun

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2014 at 17:10
Many people will be put off flying from Prestwick due to the ridiculous 0705 flight time from Ryanair for the 2015 season ... no possibilty of public transport, except one bus from Kilmarnock and a couple of trains out of Ayr. I like my lie-in at Glasgow Airport Travelodge ..
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 83>
  Share Topic