Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 23:11
Tonisdad I have never had a problem with easyjet in all the years I've flown with them and yes certainly Ryanair have some super cheap flights if you want to take the risk !

Some horrendous accounts on social media of people stranded and Ryanair refusing to pay costs from Bristol to London - as that was only flight available , someone else stranded in Kraków -i its just not good .

I agree with Dicey If you can't keep your pilots and treat them well that says it all.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 06:17
Just booked 1st May until 7th June
2 people, no extras, £96 return.
So that's less than £25 per person per flight
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 08:21
I have only flown once with Ryanair. My only complaint was that the seat in front had no pocket in the back in which to put things during the flight.

I have had delays with EasyJet, never due to ATC strikes, and have been ripped off by them - my campaign of complaints did not result in any money back, but it did result in them making the wording on their website clearer. Mostly they are okay though.

I have had delays on BA, and now they have priced themselves out of the (my) market.

I have flown once with Norwegian - that was fine.

I have flown once with TAP, that was horrendous. Outgoing flight put back 12 hours, return flight bought forward 8 hours, effectively losing us two nights of our holiday, one at either end. No response at all to complaints. Ignored e-mails, cut off on the phone.

They all have their ups and downs. As long as everyone is fully compensated for Ryanair's cock up (and that means out of pocket expenses covered too) then I think they can do no more?     
Go away Duchatalet
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 09:17
Airlines having their ups and downs - stop it! You're too funny!!
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 09:38
I suppose it depends on where your nearest airport is and which company fly from there. Its a no-brainer to use the nearest, cheapest and quickest carrier.
My nearest airports are Prestwick then Glasgow then Edinburgh. Ryan-air fly from all three.
We have never had a problem flying with Ryan-Air, Norwegian or Easy-Jet. 
Last year (Easter 2016) when my whole family flew to Faro from Edinburgh with Jet-2, the flight was delayed for over 5 hours. The experience was compounded with a disgrace of a stag party from Auld Reekie. Our return flights cost were £130 each. All 8 of my family (including kids) received £340 compensation with no hassle from Jet-2. 
So lets hope O'Leary does the decent thing and pay's out with no hassle. 
Ally
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 12:55
Until now I've never had a prob. with Ryanair, Easyjet or Jet2, 3 low cost airlines. Fortunately my flights in 4 weeks are not affected but I had a worrying few days until the list came out. I expect I'll continue using Ryanair. They're unlikely to repeat this fiasco.
Ryanair do fiddle their punctuality figures though. Edinburgh-Faro is timetabled as taking 3 hours 20 min. but it never takes that time. Between 2hrs 39 and 2hrs 59 (Flightradar24). It almost never leaves on time but almost always arrives early. Perhaps other airlines "pad" their flight times too. Can't be bothered to check.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 15:22
"Perhaps other airlines "pad" their flight times too. Can't be bothered to check."

They do. Gatwick to Faro is scheduled at 2hrs 50 minutes no matter who you fly with. In my experience the average time is more like 2hrs 30 minutes and on one memorable recent occasion 2hrs 10 minutes in one hell of a tailwind.

They book the timeslots at end each to allow for a margin of error, passengers getting lost dodging around storms, French air traffic control etc etc. In the grand scheme of things as long as departure and arrival is within 1 hour or so of when it is supposed to be I really don't care. My longest delays have both been around 3 hours, one with BA and one with Easyjet and both a result of safety check failures or so they said.

By comparison as some of you will have read my train expedition in August from Bordeaux to Albufeira was with a perfectly on time arrival after almost 22 hours on four different trains in three different countries.

I guess the sky is harder to control than wheel on rail.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 15:27
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I guess the sky is harder to control than wheel on rail.

Not in the UK it isn't
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2017 at 16:58
Ryanair cancel another 18,000 flights from November to March.
Flights to Faro included
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2017 at 19:24
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Ryanair cancel another 18,000 flights from November to March.
Flights to Faro included
Yes 3 of mine included. No bother to me I have switched flights to Leeds/Bradford instead of Newcastle where all flights to Faro have been cancelled November/December.
Paddy O`leary has compensated me to the tune of £240 so no problem for me.
Different for holidaymakers I suppose.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2017 at 09:31
And yet they have just started a TV advertising campaign! Is that an oversight or are they just trying to kid people that all is okay? Crazy.
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2017 at 11:50
Just as I thought I was safe. Fortunately my Edinburgh-Faro flights have not been affected.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2017 at 18:44
Spare a thought for poor ole Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair.

After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.
The barman nodded and said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."
Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.
"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".
"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.
"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be £3 please."
O'Leary scowled, but paid up.
He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you £1."
"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".
Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in, he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".
"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of £4 for your seat sir".
O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another £3."
O'Leary was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".
"I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be £2 please."
O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"
"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."
"I've had enough! What sort of a Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"
"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only £1 per second, or part thereof".
"I will never use this bar again".
"OK sir, but do remember, we are the only hotel in Europe selling pints for £1."
Have a good weekend Sir

Ally
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 10:01
Don't know if you are aware but I notice on the easyJet website this morning that you can now book flights up the 2nd September 2018.
I was previously under the impression that the flights that came out a couple of weeks ago were only up until the end of June.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 20:11
Up to June released one week and up to 2nd September released the following week.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 83>
  Share Topic