FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Watch
    Posted: 04/August/2021 at 11:37
We took ours in Albufeira just under the 72 hours and had no issues at all .
Sponsored Links

Captain Spalding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Spalding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 20:15
Hi all
I took antigen test today in Albufeira for travel from Faro on Thursday to the Uk ie within the 72 hours allowed by Uk government for entry to the Uk.
My daughter has just called to say she’s seen some comments online to the effect that, and I’ll paraphrase this for brevity...Although the Uk requirement is 72 hours before departure..for a Rapid Antigen test done in Portugal prior to departure, “ Faro airport (?) require a max of 48 hours On the test result.
I don’t understand this for loads of reasons ..it might just be gossip but just wondered if anyone had heard anything to this effect.
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 19:10
Yes, Jock. I should be covered by that EU agreement. I would not be able to take additional time off work to quarentine on my return. Got my second jab today,😉 so full vaccination will apply. Hopefully all going as planned, I will get to travel in October. 🍹🌝🌞
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 17:15
Originally posted by Gazza Gazza wrote:

It's not the EU who are arrogant and naive, it's the brexiters who believed in the unicorns grazing in the sunny uplands after brexit deal was done. Maybe they still do.
Yes, sorry, I misunderstood.
That'll teach me. Big smileBig smile
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 15:09
Bebop gives his location as Ireland (presumably Eire and not NI) which is covered by the EU arrangements.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 14:57
It's not the EU who are arrogant and naive, it's the brexiters who believed in the unicorns grazing in the sunny uplands after brexit deal was done. Maybe they still do.
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 11:49
The UK decided by a slight majority to plow its own furrow and amongst other things to set its face firmly against free movement of people, the 27 EU countries had nothing to do with that decision.
The green travel cert is an EU agreement between members and obviously can only apply to those who agree to it, the UK as was its right, has decided to exclude itself from such agreements, hard to see where EU arrogance or naivety come into it.

I would say the vast majority of the EU members would wish it were otherwise, but it wasn't their decision to make. 
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 11:17
Many don't seem to realise we're now treated as a third country by the EU. Maybe they think because we were a former member we should be treated differently. Rather arrogant and naive to say the least!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2021 at 07:58
One slight issue is that this is an EU initiative. A certain country off the coast of France is not in the EU, therefore some kind of agreement wil be needed to permit the certificate to be valid for travel to and from that country.

Meanwhile, 26 flights are due into Faro today from that isolated country.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2021 at 19:57
Really hope that it works. I've rescheduled my flights from last year to next October. Hopefully by then, things will have come back to a little bit of normality.
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2021 at 17:02

A bit of good news for the local economy.

"EU countries have been given the green light for travel from next month as the digital green certificate proposal has been passed by the European Parliament. 

The cert will be officially implemented on July 1.

The pass will allow anyone who has been fully vaccinated, can provide a negative Covid-19 test or has recovered from the virus to travel within the EU."

The idea being that it will avoid any isolation period after return from another EU country and by replacing any other paperwork currently necessary at airports bring the whole travel experience back to some sort of normality.

Let's hope it works.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2021 at 07:38
Just checked today's arrivals in Faro. Twenty-two flights are due in today from UK airports, so it's not all one way traffic. Now that schools are back I am thinking that people are coming who don't have to worry about quarantine when returning.

There is a smattering from other countries including Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, one each from Austria and Italy, also one from Dublin.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 21:13
I had a call within 2 days of returning and was asked to give the reference number on my PCR test so it could be confirmed as negative , and that was green then !
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 09:49
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Do they know how this will be enforced? I am just wondering how easy or otherwise it might be to ignore that demand if anyone so wished.

I am due to fly to UK for 20 days in September and have no wish to spend half that time effectively behind bars.

If you are concerned about this there is a simple answer, DONT TRAVEL. If you do travel you should abide by the rules, Simples.
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 09:35
I guess they can track phone or pay a visit then there is a chance of a fine. They have been given option of daily tests so can go out.

Behind bars ? you are usually the other sideBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>
  Share Topic