Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2011 at 11:23
Anyone intending to go this Saturday to the grim relegation struggle between Imortal Albufeira and Silves note that the game will be at 5.30pm
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2011 at 12:18
Imortal 5 - 4 Silves
It will be the game of the season
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2011 at 11:04
If there was a 0-0 draw coming, this will be it.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2011 at 09:38
Well got that wrong! The coach has bought in some new players, heaven knows where from and we seem to have found a goalscorer. Imortal won 3-0 with a hat-trick from a new player name of Kita if I got that right.

It's ages since we scored 3, let alone all from the same player.

A welcome three points, only the second win of the season.

Next game is this coming Wednesday, December 21st, away to Alvor in the Algarve Cup. No games in the Algarve Leagues on December 24th or 31st.
Albufeira Resident

TELL1173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TELL1173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2011 at 21:14
Hi I'll be in the area between Sunday the 12th Feb and Friday the 16th is there any games likely to be played that week
Thanks for any help
Tel
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 10:01
No midweek games scheduled for Imortal, only Saturdays. Sorry.

Other games around here for Sunday 12th though:

Olhanense v Rio Ave (Portuguese top division) ko 4pm subject to alteration/confirmation by TV company. Ground is in Olhao.

Portimonense v Estoril 4pm Portuguese second level. Ground is in Portimao. Admission 10 Euros.

and in the Fourth Division, for diehards only,

Lagoa v Montemor (3pm), Messines v Fabril Barriero (3pm) Admission 6 Euros.

Albufeira Resident

TELL1173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TELL1173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 21:38
Thank you I land at Faro noon on the 12th which would be the easiest game to get to

Thanks

Terry
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2011 at 11:30
Olhao is only 6 or 7 miles, so is the closest, if the game is still at 4pm Sunday. Buses or trains available from Faro city centre.

Portimonense's game would be do-able only if you made the 1242 train from Faro. There's nothing after that on a Sunday until after fourn o'clock.

I suggest you check back here in a couple of weeks before arrival and I can confirm everything then.
Albufeira Resident

TELL1173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TELL1173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 11:10
Ok Thanks for that I will
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2012 at 11:05
Imortal gained a creditable 1-1 draw at Campinense last night.

All the rest of the weekend's results etc in tomorrow's usual round-up.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2012 at 08:50
Yesterday : Estombar 0 - 3 Imortal. Not the best game I have ever seen and there were a couple of defensive errors that would have been punished by a better team but when you are down the bottom, a win's a win.

Imortal took the lead after 28 minutes. New scoring sensation Miguel had time to make a cup of tea, drink it, read the paper and then chest the ball down, turn and blast it it in from the six yard line.

18 minutes into the second half, Imortal increased their lead. Defender João, number 3 in the picture below, had an easy tap in on the far post from a corner after the Estombar 'keeper had missed the ball.

The game was sealed with 5 minutes left, Miguel rising at the far post for a looping header over the goalie and into the far corner. It could have been four, Miguel hit the post a couple of minutes later. A good result that takes Imortal out of the immediate danger zone and into 12th place of 16.
Albufeira Resident

BERGY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BERGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2012 at 11:09

Cubsur,

Good result lifts you up a bit, next game against CRD  should be tight. 

Aljezur are still on a winning streak! So we might meet up next year but I understand there is a big shake up due to all the leagues!

What are your views on the Ref's and Linesmen (+ 1 woman) ? Do they know the basics?

Why are the Linesmen there, they only flag IF they see a blatant offside, as for shirt pulling and off the ball incidents they seem totally blind.

John
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2012 at 12:27
A problem they have here is the disappearing teams. Three dropped out of the league from last season. It is so expensive to run a team even at this level that few can afford it. Yesterday at Estombar admission was 1 Euro! Even so only about 60 people turned up.

There is also a considerable disparity between the top three or four teams ie Ferreiras, Lusitano VRSA, this season Armacenses and the rest. With only one promotion place there is little incentive for the rest to play at all. I don't know what prize money there might be, I suspect none.

The League used to be run in two section, Barlavento and Sotavento, with a play off at the end of the season to determine the overall champion. I hope they don't go back to that as it would even more uncompetitive than the present setup. However a 9 teams Second League cannot be sustained. Let's hope they see a bit of sense and maybe have the teams play each other three times if there are only a small number.

I have read that the Liga de Honra (Ligfa Orangina) is going to admit the 'B' teams of six of the  top sides and that League will increase to 22 teams. That is going to mean the sides in that Division will have to play more midweek matches (poor babies) but that I expect the current ridiculous League Cup format to be changed back a straight knockout. The average crowd for those games so far played is less than 1,000 which is pathetic even by local standards since the teams involved are only from the top two divisions.

The object of the exercise is to allow the younger squad players to get some meaningful competitive matches. Basically the big boys will field players under 23. There is no reserve team football here and most of the 'B' teams were disbanded a few years back. The clubs are now realising the error of their ways, as a player cannot be expected to suddenly perform on the big stage if he has not played any sort of competitive football for weeks on end.

If Portimonense stay in the Liga de Honra (highly unlikely given their current form) that would mean an extra six games of half decent football for us to watch down here. But they lost again yesterday, at home, in front of just 937 fans.

I ran a stat comparison last year on the amount of football played in the Algarve and a similar region in UK - Cumbria. Populations are similar, geography similar.

Adjusting for this season, the Algarve has 32 adult football teams.  Teams, not clubs. That's one for about every 14,500 people.

By comparison, Cumbria has about 120 teams, or about one for every 4,000 people. And that's only Saturdays. Throw in around 45 Rugby League teams and 18 junior RU teams, that is nearly two hundred lots of blokes taking an active part in sports every Saturday, mostly not being paid for it either.

So what are the Portuguese all doing with themselves?

Turing to the question of referees etc, compared with the UK (I was a ref there for 25 years) they are very officious, blowing up for every minor offence. It is not unusual to see a game with 50 free kicks. I have a note from the Culatrense v Imortal game on 10 December where the home side conceded 26 'fouls', Imortal 10. Half of these would not even register in an English game, but the refs are not helped by blatant cheating, diving and screaming which many Portuguese players seem to regard as part and parcel of the game. Remember Mr C Ronaldo when he first came to play for Manchester Utd? He didn't understand that tackling is allowed.

One thing I noticed yesterday was that the officials were often very lax on the taking of throw-ins. Five or even ten metres from the correct position is seemingly acceptable, often similar with freekicks. So when I referee local teams against visiting touring sides, they are outraged that I should  actually ask them to go back and take a throw or kick from the correct position.

Shirt pulling is either missed or ignored by officials at all levels, sad to say. It's often difficult to spot, but when it is seen it should be penalised. One day we will get six penalties in a game, if on the box I hope the TV will prove the ref/assistants correct within the laws, but I bet he or she will be  severely castigated by the media!

Having said that, the ref yesterday was pretty good. There were no outrageously strange decisions except for one penalty appeal for Imortal which, from my vantage point, even I would have been tempted to award. He rightly booked about three of their players for some very clumsy challenges and one of our lot for a trip on a fast runner which, another few yards closer to goal, might well have been a red.

The assistants are there to assist. As they are neutral and qualified they should be flagging for things they see but the ref cannot. I did. But to be honest it's not something I have no studied here. Next Saturday I shall try to keep an eye on things from that perspective.

Right, I am off to a place of refreshment shortly to watch Newcastle v QPR which should be interesting given QPR's new manager, then to witness Saint Thierry of Highbury do damage to Swansea.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2012 at 10:39
Saturday 21 January - Imortal 3 - 1 CDR Santaluziense

Made hard work of it at times, especially in the second half. Had a penalty saved in the 42nd minute, scored with a good move a couple of minutes later to go in 1-0 at half time. Early in the second half a nice little chipped cross and a deft header by Miguel Pita made it 2-0. The visitors came back and our defence allowed them to run through unchallenged to make it 2-1 half way through the half. Imortal got back into the match, forced a couple of chances and the game was sealed when the Santa Luzia goalie made a total hash of catching a straightforward cross and spilled the ball into his net.

That takes Imortal up to 10th place but there is a difficult game next Saturday away at local rivals and top side Ferreiras.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2012 at 10:42
Ferreiras 2 - 0 Imortal

A game we probably didn't expect to win but the means were there. Imortal had two penalties, both of which were saved. We also hit the post twice. Ferreiras also had a penalty which our goalie saved. An over-officious referee managed to book four Imortal players over one incident, which must have been some sort of record. One for the original foul, one for dissent, one for failing to go back ten yards and a fourth from among the subs, presumably for dissent as well but i couldn't quite see.

Ferreiras 'keeper makes his first penalty save. Note the Ferreiras player in yellow. I didn't spot that, but no way could he have got there without encroaching before the kick was taken.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 57>
  Share Topic