Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2014 at 10:56
Imortal drew 2-2 at home to Moncarapachense while I was engaged at Tonbridge v Bromley.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2014 at 20:02
Well I finally got to see Imortal play a game of football. I had a wee bit of bother finding the stadium. I asked a local for directions and he told me to just follow the crowd. I did and ended up in Pingo Doce supermarket. 
The game itself was entertaining and Imortal deserved a point although the other team were a wee bit better.
Best for us was the big centre forward, the English centre half could play at a higher level.

The play acting from the other team  merited an oscar.

I was impressed at the start when both teams lined up, shook hands and sang a wee song. It looked very professional.
They should bring that into the British game.

Ally
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2014 at 08:37
Too late for this occasion but a "wee" tip for finding the ground to others. Look up, where you see the socking great floodlights - that's the ground...
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2014 at 10:02
"I had a wee bit of bother finding the stadium. I asked a local for directions and he told me to just follow the crowd. I did and ended up in Pingo Doce supermarket."

Same happened to me when I went to watch the Wolves, I was told to follow the crowd and I ended up in M & S!

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2014 at 11:03
Yesterday Almancil 1 Imortal 2, dire end of season game. Shortage of bodies as not everyone could get the day off meant Ben Morris, the English centre half, played left back in a 3-5-3 formation which included some unfamiliar faces and our normal centre forward, Marco Benje, playing in goal, not that he had anything to do.

Fua gave Imortal an early lead with a well struck shot on the turn from the edge of the penalty area.  Imortal were the better of two poor outfits but chances were few. Rui had a good effort well saved then Nelson was wide of the mark on the half hour. Ben Morris was booked on 40 minutes when a horrible pass from Nelson got him into trouble. He brought down his opponent and was yellow carded. Nelson did apologise!

The second half saw Almancil playing better, but they could hardly have been any worse. Nothing much happened for the first twenty minutes except that Almancil (in white) contrived to miss this chance.

Then after 25 minutes or so of poor stuff, Imortal were awarded a penalty which Nelson converted with his usual efficiency.

Almancil responded and within five minutes were back in the game. Imortal were caught sleeping at a free kick giving the home side a chance to make 50 yards and score with ease.

Almancil had plenty of chances to equalise after that, but their final ball and finishing was dire. Benje was booked for timewasting as the game petered out to a quiet end.

The day's other results mean Imortal are back into third place but have no real chance of finishing higher. Also news that Castromarinense have dropped out of the League, meaning that their opponents in remaining matches have been awarded 3-0 wins which includes us. That also means that the scheduled game for 24th May is off.

Match stats

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 15, Almancil 14 plus the penalty
Offside Imortal 1, Almancil 3
Shots on target : Imortal 5, Almancil 2 (yes it was that bad)
Shots off target : Imortal 1, Almancil 6
Shots blocked : Imortal 1, Almancil 0
Corners : Imortal 3, Almancil 4
Yellow cards, Imortal 3 (Morris for a foul, Benje for time wasting and Sandro for an alleged dive which even the home fans thought was hilarious.) Almancil 4, two for dissent, I for the foul that lead to the penalty and one for a reason I could not fathom.

Imortal have two more games this week. On Sunday (ie tomorrow) they will be at home to Figueirense and on Wednesday evening away to Aljezur. Not very sensible fixture scheduling by the league considering how many other vacant midweek dates there are. There's a big game here on Saturday 3rd May when Imortal (currently 3rd) take on Silves (4th) and if the first game is one to go by there will be some fun and games.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2014 at 10:25
Yesterday Imortal 2 - 0 Silves. A poor end of season game in front of a small crowd. Report tomorrow.

Previous results - Imortal 5 Figueirense 0 and Aljezur 1 Imortal 2.

That's the last Imortal game I shall see this season, for various reasons.

Albufeira Resident

metroace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metroace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2014 at 21:12
I'm hoping to be at the home match v Guia on 17th May.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2014 at 10:39
Imortal 2 Silves 0

Poor fare for a small crowd. Typical end of the season stuff, the players couldn't even be bothered to foul and cheat properly although the referee still found reason to show seven yellow cards.

The first half in particular was very bad. Silves had the better chances but failed to make keeper Leandro work except once, when he pulled off a good low save. Imortal for their part managed not a single shot on target. Nelson was especially guilty, firing a free kick wide when he would be expected to at least aim at the goal!

The second half began well for Imortal, Sustelo scoring with a snap shot from the edge of the area after only six minutes. Silves pressed back but their only effort was a weak shot that I could have stopped. Imortal increased their lead just before the half hour when a great counter-attack down the left released Sandro who smacked the ball hard and low into the net from the corner of the penalty box. Sustelo missed an opportunity to make it 3-0 when a poor final ball eluded his touch in front of goal. Imortal's poor finishing generally let them down. The game pretty well petered out and there were groans when five minutes of additional time was announced.

Match stats

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 14, Silves 12
Offside : Imortal 2, Silves 3 (shows what an attacking game it wasn't!)
Shots on target : Imortal five (all in the second half) , Silves 7
Shots blocked : Imortal 3, Silves 0
Shots off target : Imortal 10, Silves 4
Corners : Imortal 8, Silves 5
Yellow cards :Imortal 2 (both for tiny fouls), Silves 5 (two for blatant handball, three for also tiny fouls.)

Next Saturday Imortal travel the short distance down the road to Armação de Pera to meet os Armacanenses in the new municipal stadium. Ko time to be confirmed on Tuesday but will likely be 1700hrs.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2014 at 10:41
Originally posted by metroace metroace wrote:

I'm hoping to be at the home match v Guia on 17th May.

Probably a 5pm ko ie same time as the English FA Cup Final.

If Imortal were gunning for the title I would go there, but I think I shall go to watch Hull beat Arsenal instead.
Albufeira Resident

metroace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metroace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2014 at 11:00
Thanks Cubsur for that post. The FA Cup Final never holds my interest. So i guess I'll be making the walk to watch Imortal for the first time. I tried to see them last November but the KO time got changed but now I'm wise to that, I shall check first.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2014 at 12:09
Ok so check here the Tuesday before for the confirmed time.
Albufeira Resident

metroace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metroace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2014 at 11:24
Are we still looking at a 5pm kick off this Saturday?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2014 at 10:37
We are.

1700 confirmed. I always check on a Saturday morning in case they have changed it at short notice. Been caught out before.
Albufeira Resident

metroace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metroace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2014 at 15:51
Thank you!
metroace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metroace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2014 at 10:35
Well, I finally made to to an Imortal match to see a bizarre game from a referee. The final score was 5-0 (I think) to Imortal who finished the game with 9 men to Guia's 10. During the first half, the referee failed to see virtually any wrong doing whereas in the second half he went a bit card crazy!

Guia rarely looked worrying for the Imortal defence and even though they were awarded two penalties (one hit the crossbar, the other was an excellent save) they failed to put a goal on the scoresheet. At the other end, the Guia goalkeepers habit of watching the game from outside his own penalty area was always going to get noticed eventually and the last three goals can all be put down to his poor positioning combined with the tactical awareness of the Imortal attackers.

My wife and I were warmly welcomed in the ground and in the bar and we will be back in Algarve for another week in November with fingers crossed for a home match falling within our visit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 57>
  Share Topic