Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 236>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: British Weather Today!
    Posted: 01/November/2006 at 19:51
Just for any forum members who live in Albufeira, or, anywhere with a decent climate.  Today in the North West of England - it's virtually freezing!! So there!!  LOL
Sponsored Links

windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2006 at 20:05
Shame, Bobster!  It's been a beautiful day in the South.LOL
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2006 at 07:05
It's raining hard in Albufeira this morning.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2006 at 07:09
Bright and crisp with a cloudless sky here!!!  But I'd rather be there ......... I think?!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2006 at 18:37
Lovely afternoon here today - hope it lasts.
Albufeira Resident

Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2006 at 17:25
Cheers Gang!!  Felt a little bit sad last night - Bonfire night.  The last time I saw fireworks prior to last night was during our holiday in Albufeira, the midnight displays that were done on Sunday evenings - Ah, memories!!

Good old North West of England today dry, cloudy start with brilliant sunshine as I was trying to drive home from work - still smell bonfires everywhere though!!  Never seen as many 3 piece suites going up in flames as I did last night - I'm surprised anyone has any furniture left!!  Heard a good one at work today - just as someone was heaving a sofa into the flames of a near by bonfire, a mobile phone that must have slid down the back started to ring!!  LOL
TELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2006 at 18:49
 Reports from elswhere in Algarve report bad flooding, lagos, alvor, lagoa and carvoeiro.
What is happening in Albufeira ???
Is the square looking like st marks in venice at high tide.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2006 at 22:14
Went into town this morning. it's not too bad; there has been some minor damage where paving stones and drain covers were lifted by the force of water. I think that some shops were also flooded where water came in through their doorways. There has been also a lot of soil washed down various slopes and the council have been busy sweeping mud and stones off several roads.

All the water has gone now. With excellent timing I had in the letter box this morning a copy of the 'Pols' newsletter which describes the next stage of the civic improvement works due to start in January which include the building of new new drains and sewers in the lower part of town, to help relieve just this problem.

Further afield the railway to Lisbon was washed out north of Tunes and there have been floods in Messines and Silves mentioned on TV news.

We have been promised a break in the weather! Certainly This afternoon was bright and sunny.
Albufeira Resident

richm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2006 at 23:42
bobster - could you enlighten a little regards the sunday evening fireworks?
TELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2006 at 08:04
 WE have seen fireworks on sunday evenings in late august early september. celebrating a local festival and the town anniversary but at no other times of the year other than NEW YEARS EVE.
These may be the best you will ever see as the 3 coast line from Villamoura to Albufeira becomes one huge firework display.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2006 at 08:09
Fantastic displays on 25 April every year, and much celebrating. It's Freedom/Revolution Day and, coincidentally, my birthday!
Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 17:09
The displays that we saw were apparently to celebrate a religious occasion.  They were done from Fishermans Beach on Sundays 3rd and 10th of September starting at midnight.  Truly spectacular!!

The weather here today isn't too bad, though we have had some heavy showers and high winds - no point trying to use an umbrella, Mary Poppins springs to mind!!
Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2006 at 16:16
North West of England - Blowing a gale - not raining though - not yet anyway - rained for virtually two weeks solid - I've got red rings around my knees where my welly boots have been rubbing me!  Ouch!!Pinch
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2006 at 12:42
Sun beaming down from cloudless skies as I write. Been dry for several days now as well. But the wind is coming from the north-east so it is noticeably cold at night.
Albufeira Resident

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2006 at 13:20
Its very wet and windy here in the north of england,Wishing i was somewhere else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 236>
  Share Topic