Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2013 at 16:11
And the Great Wall of Albufeira now looks even worse!

and behind it is well on the way to becoming a mosquito infested swamp.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2013 at 17:46
A couple of pictures taken today from right up near the water tower.

The Great Wall of Albufeira. Does anyone know what the point of it was in the first place? No wonder some visitors are not over enthused by the area when they see this!

This would have been phase two, now being reclaimed by nature.

Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2013 at 00:11

Oh Cubser, your cynicism continues to amaze me, I believe it is well recognized that the "great wall" is part of the lake which was on the phase 2 plans.

Whilst it continues to disappoint me Albufeira Marina was conceived and construction started on the precipice of a global economic downturn where you could hardly expect development to continue unabated. 

I am continually reminded that it took Vilamoura Marina 30 years to become established due to a previous economic downturn, let's hope Albufeira Marina does not take quite so long.

Any progress in this economic climate is positive progress IMO

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2013 at 09:49
Point taken but I still don't see how a huge dividing wall would have been an asset. Never mind, it is there now and I suspect the cost of demolition would be prohibitive.

I like the view of the marina from my window, but I am glad I cannot see the wall.

My overt cynicism comes from the large number of resort and other tourist related projects that are allowed to start but are never finished, thus leaving the area littered with half built ruins. At the very least it makes the place look a mess, at worst it puts people off coming.
Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2013 at 10:54
It wasn't a swipe at you and I totally agree and just don't understand Portuguese due process, I think the word is procrastinação. And yes the authorities continue to approve new construction when there are unfinished developments in various locations.

The great wall appeared some time back when the site for phase 2 was leveled and roads put in, something to do with the expiration of planning I was told. I also don't understand why the Portuguese lay finish standard roads, tarmac and stones at the beginning of building and then destroy them during the site construction Confused

If there are any Portuguese officials who understand this process, please share.

Redchants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redchants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2013 at 17:32
I have just moved into one of the villas looking across the marina towards the bars etc.. We were told that the development was on hold due to recession but not totally abandoned. Hopefully work will start again in the not so distant future. The development plans look great.
Spyderpig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2013 at 18:51
On hold or not the Great wall will need to be demolished and re-started I would think. I hope you enjoy the villa. I live on my boat in the marina.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2013 at 19:11
You'll all have to start another forum, you guys, tiganut, Orada man (& woman).. Any others for Marinadotcom?
Andrew
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2013 at 22:40
Originally posted by Redchants Redchants wrote:

I have just moved into one of the villas looking across the marina towards the bars etc.. We were told that the development was on hold due to recession but not totally abandoned. Hopefully work will start again in the not so distant future. The development plans look great.

Welcome to our Marina community Redchants, Spyderpig and Tiganut, as Andrew hinted we are the power to be for 2014 and beyond.

As the powers that be on the Marina keep reminding me "it took Vilamoura Marina 30 years to get established" although I think that is the only milestone Albufeira Marina are working towards lol.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2014 at 18:09
The site is slowly returning to nature. The local vandals set fire to the remains of the site offices. Pictures taken Thursday afternoon 15th May.

Still some nice kerbing slabs there if you want them.

or concrete pipes perhaps?

Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2014 at 18:34
Nonsense, I heard some hammering only yesterday but on reflection maybe he was trapped somewhere.

Anyway it's all just a Portuguese game to satisfy the planners and I have my eye on those paving slabs lol.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 15:23
Six months later...also the kerbstones and pipes are still there. And spot the mounds of earth that have been dumped.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2016 at 16:02
Spotted something going on behind the Great Wall earlier today. I wonder what?

Albufeira Resident

stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2016 at 18:44
Didn't you report that there was a mosquito infested "lake" building up behind there ages ago - perhaps they are filling it in - or hopefully demolishing the wall - its an eyesore!!

Looks nice and sunny though.
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2016 at 20:19
That man with the digger is doing great work, just give him time for goodness sake (-;

The lake will be filled, the wall will be repaired. Lake will be fresh water maintained by the council or if not the Marina and changed back as outsourced.

Ground works will be done again for selling plots, can never understand this about the Portuguese system but it the way they roll.

Heard more but was sworn to secrecy for now (probably best I don't embarrass myself passing on Portuguese intentions lol)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic