Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION
    Posted: 30/June/2011 at 17:48
I saw on JCB trolling around but hardly a hive of activity. As i said before, I will bet the people in the nice houses up on top of the hill area are excited about several years of dust and noise.

I will make this a sticky so we can add to it now and then as things progress.

These pictures were taken on Tuesday 28th June.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Chip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2011 at 14:09
Hi

Do you have any plans or links to plans to show what this is going to look like when finished? We look out over this from our rooftop appartment in Pateo so far enough away not to hear to much noise or get dust etc.  Only 7 years to complete ???? 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2011 at 09:44
This is the only image I have. I can see most of it from my window as well.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2011 at 14:57
Well whatever they are doing they are not doing it very fast. The Great Wall of China was probably built quicker than the wall at the marina.

Meanwhile along the road there were a couple of machines stirring up the dust

This new road has been built coming off the hill down from São Rafael. Other than a couple of blokes working near the Oceano building, not a lot was going on.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2011 at 21:56
Any sign of the gypsy campsite being relocated?
What a blight that is on the Marina development as a whole... You have the cosmopolitan Marina with all the boats, bars, restaurants etc, and directly in your eye line across the Marina is the gypsy site.. It must be a contributing factor to so many, still, empty units.
If the town planners have embraced this development, as clearly they have, and good on them, then why do they not address this absolute blight...
Nothing against gypsies but to my mind, 'Marina developments' and gypsy sites next door to each other gives something of a conflict.
Andrew
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2011 at 00:15
Andrew was same thing in Vilamoura many years ago with the shanty town, and it was a big one. 5 star hotel Atlantis now a different name, overlooking shanty town, what a sight that was to the eye if you were staying there. It took years for the council to clear them all away & build the new fishermans Marina. Maybe the same thing will apply to Albufeira Marina.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2011 at 10:54
I just took this picture from out of my window. The camp is still there. I had the impression the other day that there were not so many as last year. Or maybe they go elsewhere for summer. There has also been some work scraping out what looks like new streets, so perhaps someone has got their laundered money sorted out for the building of another luxury tourist condominium, which would do away with the camp.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2011 at 18:23
A month has passed. See what progress on Marina Phase Two you can spot.

Some photos

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6a2a1c7daaee306d&page=play&resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!8182
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2011 at 09:14
I went past the works yesterday on a bus. The more I think about it, the odder it seems.

I was expecting to see a big hole, to be filled with water and eventually where boats will be moored. Instead, it looks from the pictures as if the level of the land is being raised.

Also, if I was a company building a prestigious multi-tens of millions of Euros project, I would have a big sign up telling everyone about it. But it's all very anonymous.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2011 at 09:25
Also, the 'Farm Village' development down at the marina now appears moribund. I spotted acouple of hard hat blokes pottering around, but the cranes were idle and nothing substantial seems to have been done for months and months.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2011 at 09:58
The marina shining brightly in yesterday afternoon's sun  with the current work area visible in the background. If you look carefully in the middle of the picture, behind the boats, you can see the half finished great wall, which has been in this state now for months.

Here's another picture from round the other side. See that little building with the tiled roof, bottom centre not far from remains of the round storehouse or maybe a windmill base? Someone is living in there.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2011 at 17:09
Shot taken yesterday from up here in Páteo showing the extent of the work. I have some more pictures which I will be sorting out this evening. The cranes in the foreground are in the more or less abandoned Farm Village development.

Albufeira Resident

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2011 at 23:58
Didn't there used to be a mexican steak house/restaurant in the middle of that wooded area?  I remember going to one in that general area about 8 years ago: we had my missues sister with us and when we ordered some beers she said (in all seriousness) "but I don't want pop!"... turned out she'd never had Corona beer before Big%20smile
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 07:22
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Didn't there used to be a mexican steak house/restaurant in the middle of that wooded area?  I remember going to one in that general area about 8 years ago: we had my missues sister with us and when we ordered some beers she said (in all seriousness) "but I don't want pop!"... turned out she'd never had Corona beer before [IMG]smileys/BigSmile.png" height="19" width="19" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />
Mexican is still there,they refused to sell,so they are building round it.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 07:45
I have scrawled round it on Toms picture.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic