Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

small shops and corner shops around town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 09:45
To answer my own question above - I cycled past it yesterday morning and no work is now taking place. It remains firmly closed.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2012 at 20:56
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Does anyone know if the Ali Super in Galé has now re-opened? They were working inside when I was last over that way a couple of weeks ago.

To answer my own question above - I cycled past it yesterday morning and no work is now taking place. It remains firmly closed. 

It was open today, always hard to tell as the entrance is not easily visible from the road
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2012 at 09:25
Thanks Bedlam -I often cycle over that way so will take a nose around some time next week.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2012 at 11:20
In case anyone hadn't noticed, the 'International Supermarket' (what was M&J's) in the old town near the bus stops and taxis has closed down. Premises for sale.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2012 at 10:38
Anyone staying up in Páteo or the Encosta da Orada may like to know that the Ali Super at the Albufeira Jardim II complex has re-opened. It's hours are 0830- 2100 daily. The street name is Rua Cesario Verde, the street turns off the main road by the traffic lights.

It's barely 50 metres from the other shop and I doubt there is enough business for both, so which one will go first I wonder?
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2013 at 18:21
General list updated 24th February. Another 'Indian Grocery' has opened in the old town, this one at the bottom end of the Rua dos MFA. How are they going to make any money?
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2013 at 09:05
List on page 1 updated. I have noticed that a couple of small shops have closed down.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2014 at 11:53
If anyone or anyone you know is planning to go to an Ali Super tomorrow (May 1st) be ware that they will be CLOSED.

May 1st is of course an official public holiday and some other small shops will be closed as well.

So far as I know the big stores are open as they always are.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2015 at 13:25
A few updates to the list in February and March 2015. SPAR have taken over the Supermercado Castelo in Patroves. They seem to be making inroads into the convenience store market around the Algarve.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2015 at 15:24
The little post office counter in the old town has moved.

It's now at the Fumos e Mitos off licence in Avenida 25 de Abril just by the Hotel Baltum.

As yet I don't know what hours they keep, except closed at weekends.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2015 at 12:16
A quick heads up for anyone staying around the Oura Village or Praia Da Oura area generally.

Coviran have opened a new supermarket at the top of the hill going down to the beach, by the Oura Village apartments and below the World Sports Bar. Open 9am to 7pm every day.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2015 at 16:47
Good little shops Corivan - quite competitive, a good range of stuff and well organised. At least ours is in Acoteias.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2015 at 09:07
The Ali Super in Galé is 'closed for holidays' but it looks permanent to me, as with the one down the road from me in Páteo.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2015 at 09:20
Not surprised if the one in Acoteias is anything to go by - lots of "out of date" products, rotten fruit & veg, sky high prices and disinterested staff.
They have reduced the store size by 50% yet there are still empty shelves.
Even though it now only opens in the summer there's hardly anybody that uses it.
Coviran is only a few hundred yards down the road and it's just so much better in every respect.
Wouldn't be a great shock if this one closed too.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2015 at 20:58
Alisuper in Acoteias.
Currently closed for refurbishment Confused
So they've had all winter to do that (it was closed from Nov to Apr) but are doing it now in the first week of July.
Unbelievable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic