Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 105>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2015 at 11:06
1.35 for cash in town yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2015 at 20:00
The Bank Rate has dropped 4 cents today - now only 1.38
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2015 at 11:02
The rates for cash yesterday in town

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 16:44
Cancel your holidays. Another drop in the exchange rate. Portugal is simply unaffordable.  Unless you are Swiss or Swedish.This afternoon's prices.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 18:44
Even allowing some commission that's a bit steep!
Currently the rate is 1.378 so it should be easy to do better than that Tom. The rate has actually improved through today.
Andrew
finalwhistle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finalwhistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 19:13
Caxton is 1.347 to transfer onto your card tonight
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2015 at 11:50
Seems they are being a bit naughty here.  Those are of course the rates for cash at the usual change shops around town, which as most of you know are the same. I have to go to the  Post Office later, so I will nip around to the Western Union place to see what they are offering by comparison.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2015 at 18:09
Yes, an interesting comparison in rates. The Munditransfer Money Exchange at Bellavista (across the road from Modelo near KFC) was buying £ at 1.33 no commission and the Western Union in Modelo was also 1.33 although their notice does not say with or without Commission.

So anyone daft enough to bring £1000 in cash will make an extra £25 by going to them-
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2015 at 14:10
Back in the 1.35's today
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2016 at 11:34
After flirting with 1.37/1.38 over the Christmas period it's only just over 1.34 this morning & rapidly heading south.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2016 at 08:59
1.3203 at the moment Cry
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2016 at 10:34
Into the mid 1.31's this morning and that's almost exactly where it was a year ago today.
Funny old World, 12 months ago we were over the moon to get 1.31 but now, having enjoyed a fairly lengthy spell above 1.40, we're terribly dissapointed.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2016 at 15:27
Into the 1.29's so that's now a 10% drop from it's high 
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2016 at 16:36
Checked today at my local tesco in Mansfield 1.26 so I didn't bother getting any for our next visit 😕
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2016 at 10:47
1.25 something here yesterday, 1.294 commercial rate. The rate is falling through the floor, a drop of around 12% in a very few weeks.

Time for a bit of currency speculation perhaps.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 105>
  Share Topic