Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 105>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2013 at 16:35
Cancel your holidays, or at least the kids third ice cream

Rate for cash here today is 1.10
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2013 at 15:23
Official rate has gone below 1.14 today
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2013 at 16:59
It did, at 2.00pm this afternoon, but it's rallied since then, currently at 1.1449 (just before 5.00pm)
Still not great though, oh for the 1.48 rate just over five years ago! Be a long time, if ever, before we see that again! Then again, if you were selling up and bringing money back this way....
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2013 at 07:42
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

It did, at 2.00pm this afternoon, but it's rallied since then, currently at 1.1449 (just before 5.00pm)

At 7.30 this morning it's up to 1.1655 - something to do with the Italian election results not going according to plan I believe
Apparently they voted for a comedian - nothing new there then LOL
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284182/Italian-election-turns-joke-20-cent-voters-pick-ex-comedian.html
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2013 at 06:23
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-2284954/The-1billion-cost-plunging-pound.html

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2013 at 08:00
€1.09 for cash in town yesterday. Some people STILL bring wads of £ with them.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2013 at 12:58
Saves me writing it out

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2013 at 13:35
I suppose if you were there for a very short time and needed very few euro's folding, then you might as well use this service. Anything else, you'd be mad to when there is so many better rates/options available.
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2013 at 17:47
Bit of a bounce back for the pound ... Official rate 1.17 ... BBC tourist rate 1.15
Pyrman
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2013 at 13:46
Official rate now over 1.17 ... but BBC tourist rate is down to 1.144

It may be the right time to buy euro`s ... or maybe Friday was ?
Pyrman
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2013 at 15:27
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

It may be the right time to buy euro`s ... or maybe Friday was ?

On the other hand, it might be better, or worse, tomorrow. Either way, unless you're very lucky it's never the right time, especially now that the market is jumping around all over the place - down one week, up the next week.
It's impossible to guess which way it will go next.
All you can do is look at the trend, decide when to exchange and be happy with what you get.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2013 at 16:05
I think that is right in the very short term.  Longer term of course, Euro will gain on the pound .. as it has done ever since its foundation (1.65 ?). All markets are bound to be happy with the `transition` (which I have called for) from `easy tap` to virtual `credit union` over the Cyprus deal.

All countries must be required to pay `something`in as well as taking out ? The `eurozone` cannot just be a `tap` when you get into trouble ... we have got to require the emergency funding is available at all times .. supported by all members.

I am buying my euro`s now ...
Pyrman
ShannockSid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannockSid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2013 at 13:50

Where's the best place to change currency in Albufeira, please. I presume they all stick to similar rates, but are any better than others?

Or is it better just to use the cash machines?

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2013 at 16:45
The Multibanco machine in Albufeira depends on your bank in UK, or wherever ...

I am Clydesdale bank and always get a good rate from the machine. However, certain others charge much more for withdrawals and purchases abroad. You should check yours ...

Don`t change at Airports ... you`ll get done. BBC Tourist Rates   show 1.144 today ... I would get around 1.135 from Clydesdale ...
Pyrman
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2013 at 17:38
Shannon Sid
Get a Halifax Clarity card if you can still get them. It`s a credit card but just pay it as soon as you get home. Excellent exchange rate with no charges for using at hole in the wall.
Not very often Halifax come out tops but this a great card for using abroad. Only time we use ours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 105>
  Share Topic