Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 105>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2017 at 10:36
"...whatsit in town"

Going into town later for some stamps. Will look.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2017 at 17:23
Western Union in Continente was offering a measly 1.03 earlier. I didn't go past any of the others as I went to the main post office, where the stamp machine was actually working!!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2017 at 18:16
BBC did a survey last week of airport exchange rates. The lowest was 0.84 cents to the £ and the average was 0.91 cents to the £.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2017 at 11:50
Only a complete idiot would change money at an airport. The reasons being obvious!

So much for the cashless society! Do you take cards? Certainly not sir, I want old fashioned dirty, smelly, money.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2017 at 19:40
Whoopee, back up to 1.0944 tonight Big smile
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2017 at 11:32
That's an extra pint per €100.

I am in town again later and will see if the rate for cash has risen above 1.03 here.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2017 at 18:09
1.035 in town this afternoon.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2017 at 10:41
Now I can see where Ryanair get their exchange rate of 1.02 from ...
Pyrman
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2017 at 10:13
Bit of recovery yesterday, market rate up to 1.097.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2017 at 09:15
Still 1.035 for cash in town yesterday, but it seems that the US Dollar has slipped a little against the €.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2017 at 11:44
£/€ parity is much easier to calculate.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Analogue.man.in.a.di View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogue.man.in.a.di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2017 at 15:53
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

£/€ parity is much easier to calculate.

Agree with that - if a person was cynical (and I can't even spell the word) they might conclude
it'll continue to drop until Brits are priced out of travelling. Unhappy
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2017 at 09:25
Why not join the euro ? It is the world`s biggest issued currency ..
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2017 at 12:07
My main issue with currency is our Scottish notes. Can't change them abroad and it's difficult to get BOE notes to take with me as a backup abroad.  One bank (not mine) issues only BOE notes. The others issue whatever they have - mostly Scottish.
Shops, bars etc. in England often don't want to accept them. Three banks issue them so there are three different designs. How can people outside Scotland tell whether they're real?  They're not even legal tender in the UK, not even Scotland, only legal currency. A very nice distinction which means it's legal to use them but no one has to accept them. When I venture "South of the Border" I get BOE notes from an ATM.
If my fellow Scots get a rush of jingoism to the brain when thinking about getting rid of our notes they should remember that the BOE was set up by a Scot, Willian Paterson. That may soothe their ruffled nationalism.
I feel better now after that rant.  Perhaps I'll  lie down in a darkened room.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2017 at 08:54
1.103 this morning, every little helps, if you're taking it out and not bringing it back that is.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 105>
  Share Topic