FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 115>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2012 at 09:21
Hah! That was last week. No blue skies today.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DDunne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDunne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2012 at 14:45
what a beautiful blue sky and glorious beaches !! heading now in 2 weeks and about to book a return trip in Oct.  Cant wait!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2012 at 09:42
It was and I did. The site is very well fenced off and it took me a few minutes to find a way out. BTW the site is completely abandoned, another example of the crass folly of building luxury hotels in hard times. Off topic, but I wonder if our glorious council will ever prevail upon the owners of these various ruins to have them demolished if they are ever going to be completed.
Albufeira Resident

Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 13:06
Tom, if it's the same track I took a while back, I ended up in the Alfagar 2 building site. Love the pic of St Eulalia beach, our favourite, and the cafe, during the day, is reasonable too.
Regular Visitor
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 09:07
A few beach shots taken while out for a walk yesterday afternoon. One thing to note is that there has been a cliff fall between Santa Eulalia and Balaia and the path has completely gone. I had to back track, hack my way through some undergrowth, climb a steep hill only to emerge in a closed down and fenced off building site! Complete set at

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6a2a1c7daaee306d&resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!9274&parid=root

a couple of samples (small size) - Praia dos Pescadores

Santa Eulalia

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2012 at 12:12
No it was the town beach, in front of the restaurant O Farol, near the pier. It would have been ok yesterday and Sunday but it is raining hard at the moment!
Albufeira Resident

cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2012 at 20:32
Was it at the Forte Sao Joao end of the beach Paulo is usually first to put his sunbeds out. Tom heard a rumour that they are putting proper beach bars up like the one at Oura. Have you heard anything?
Loving it in the sun

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2012 at 08:28
Saw a bloke putting out sun shelters and stuff yesterday. Supreme optimist.
Albufeira Resident

john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 18:48
Sick   with envy
ownersdirect P3708
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 18:14
Originally posted by ant1969 ant1969 wrote:

we need a default button marked "jealous" on this page

Since we havn't got the 'jealous' button yet, I suppose I will just have to post it.

'JEALOUS'  Wink

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 07:40
Nice pic that Dicey.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 07:01
Another view of Falesia Beach yesterday - on the left of the picture & towards the back of the beach (lighter colour) you can just see the tops of the large sand bags that the Sheraton had put down last Spring to stop all the sand being washed away from where their sunbeds go.
Each bag is 10-15 metres long & about 3 metres diameter & they have been pumped full of sand & buried - they are very hard, almost like concrete. There are quite a lot of them in one line which is at least 100m long. They seem to be doing the job as very little sand has been washed away this winter even though the high tide regularly washes over them.

The year before that they tried a rather Heath Robinson wooden stake & sacking arrangement but this, along with most of the sand, got completely washed away last winter.

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 13:53
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Praia do Peneco, Sol e Mar hotel and slightly rough seas in the foreground.

If you try hard enough you can actually hear the wave crashing against the rocks

Thanks for that
Ally
ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 12:43
we need a default button marked "jealous" on this page
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 12:23
Falesia beach yesterday looking in both directions. Taken from Sheraton Beach Bar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 115>
  Share Topic