Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show your favourite place

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 235>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2016 at 13:35
Originally posted by sidsmum sidsmum wrote:

What are they made of Ste?

Loving BobD's comment!!!

To be honest i am not sure, they did have a metallic feel to them but i gather with them being by the coast and are due to take in the elements of the salty sea air it has to be something which wont rust easily.
They look good up close.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2016 at 13:41
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

I do like them and this is a popular area for photography anyway. Presumably you can put your head through the star otherwise the bombeiros are going to be busy?

I agree there's a dodgy bloke on the right in the last photo.

Haha....

Regarding the head squeezing bit, i did see children sticking their heads through the starry ring thing, but myself thought otherwise in doing so, i dont want to embarrass myself any more than i already have. I do have a snap of my other half about to have a go though.

MyHotelBrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MyHotelBrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2016 at 19:50

some funny thing...
jantien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jantien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 10:14
Our beautiful and loved place......

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 10:32
What are those purple flowers? They are a nice colour.

(I can just about tell a daisy from a cactus!)
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 11:18
I would guess it's Bindweed (Convolvulus) or some similar climbing vine. These often grow wild but do produce nice colours on walls or vacant plots.

Difficult to control in manicured garden though.
Colin
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 11:34
Lovely pics :)
Loving it in the sun

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 13:54
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

What are those purple flowers? They are a nice colour.

They're called Morning Glory - the individual flowers only last one day.
Other colours also available.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
jantien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 14:21
It is indeed the morning glory. Cuttings made from what is outside is growing.  a lot of work to keep it beautiful but we do find that fun to do and pruning is simple. And it looks beautiful Tongue Heart
enrique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2016 at 13:42
I think ive asked this before , why is it I don't see quite a lot of the pics , I really do enjoy them
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2016 at 17:04
One reason for me personally is that I have an iPhone and although I'm out and about every day with it, I can't put photos on A.com with an iPhone. I know not why.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2016 at 22:19
Does anyone know the name of the flowering shrub found all over Albufeira? its form is a cluster of small flowers, its very nice.
It is used as a hedge on the edge of gardens. I have tried many times to bring home seeds and grow it in Scotland. I manage to get it to grow to about 5 inches but when I then try and get it to grow outside, it just goes bbrrr and dies.
Ally
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2016 at 07:51
Do you have a photograph or colour description?
One of the more common ones is the varieties of Lantana which usually have more than one colour flower on the same shrub.
Colin
jantien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2016 at 07:55
I think you mean the Lantana?
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2016 at 08:16
That's the one. Lantana. Thank you.
Next question:-
Can this be grown in the UK and particularly north UK?
Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 235>
  Share Topic