Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2014 at 14:11
Cheers Cubsur I love the pics.
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2014 at 20:46
Just catching up lovely pictures nice to see salgados.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 14:24
A long while since I have been there. Too a ride yesterday afternoon. The lagoon is very full, despite the fact it hasn't rained for weeks.  They have finally filled in the holes where the pipes were laid and generally cleared up the site. A lot of the water is still a nasty green colour.

Here's a picture. I have more, which I shall work through later and publish.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 15:12
fantastic sight to see thank goodness they have repaired the damage.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 15:18
Here we are for the rest

http://1drv.ms/1xlvkbL
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2015 at 10:15
Ages since I have been there so I cycled down there yesterday. Stupid me though, I forgot to charge my camera batteries so no pictures! I will try again maybe Friday.

But pleased to report that the lagoon is as full as I can remember it, in fact overflowing in one or two places. There were lots of birds including some rather aggressive sounding geese causing trouble on the water. It was so windy that there were some quite large waves bashing against the shore.

There were plenty of people enjoying a walk in the sun, fairly well wrapped up against the wind. The beach café by the car park was open and seemed to be doing good business.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2015 at 13:55
Yep, beach bar open again. Got some great photos a few weeks back but on iPhone so unable to share.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2015 at 14:23
Yep, was there mid morning, all looking fine and dandy and the lagoon, as Tom says, as full as we've ever seen it and plenty of wildlife esconsed.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2015 at 12:40
Managed to get down there yesterday afternoon after a bad few days of blocked air vents, broken glasses and an horrific bill from the dentist!

The lagoon is very full and there were lots of birds of different shapes, sizes and colours doing whatever birds do to enjoy themselves on a sunny day. There were plenty of people out as well, including two fairly brave souls on the beach in bikinis. It wasn't that warm, in fact it got quite windy.

Sample

Here are the pictures - http://1drv.ms/1BH1F1p
Albufeira Resident

john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2015 at 14:46
Remind me again Tom, why on Earth do you choose to live there ?   Wink
ownersdirect P3708
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2015 at 17:42
Nice picture thanks for the update
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2015 at 09:07
Originally posted by john2604smith john2604smith wrote:

Remind me again Tom, why on Earth do you choose to live there ?   Wink

Well it's hard life you know, a real struggle, I don't really know why either.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2015 at 17:12
Salgados lagoon Thursday 27th August, pictures at http://1drv.ms/1EpoM4j
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2015 at 09:35
I went around to the Salgados lagoon yesterday on my way to Armação De Pera. About half the lagoon is dry. The sand bar was breached by the flood water. River water is currently running out to sea. The other half is pretty full, so there is no problem for the birds. More later.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2015 at 09:37
There does seem to be plenty of birds, which is great, thanks for the photo.
my beautiful portugal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic