FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2014 at 06:08
Originally posted by Betsian Betsian wrote:

at 4 o'clock this afternoon the temperature on the chemists sign was showing as 36.0c

Then there's something wrong with their thermometer.
Yes it was hot yesterday but the reality is that it never got above 29
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
lucyr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2014 at 07:50
That sounds just perfect.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2014 at 08:38
Quite possibly it was 36C in the direct sun. The thermometer in my front room was showing 30C yesterday afternoon and it is a little in the shade.

It's going to be hot again today, possibly 30C. Temperature at 835am is 23.6C, humidity at 47%. It's a bit misty out to sea but blue sky overhead. The wind is very light.

Tonight will be another warm one, no lower than about 20C. Tomorrow could be even hotter than today, 32 or 33C, as the lump of hot air passes over, then it starts to cool down again and by the weekend it could be as cold as 25C in the daytime, 15 or 16 at night.

No rain is expected for the next several days.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2014 at 10:52
Tom,
IPMA is forecasting 34 for today!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2014 at 16:25
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Tom, IPMA is forecasting 34 for today!

So was the BBC earlier but it's now gone 4pm and it hasn't got above 26 yet - at least not on my thermometer.
Not that I'm complaining, it's bloody lovely.
BBC still saying 34 for tomorrow, 28 for Thursday & 26 for Friday Smile
I'll settle for that.
And the exchange rate is going up too!
Happy days LOL
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2014 at 09:39
My thermometer hit 26.7 up here yesterday in sunny Páteo, but it was rather misty.

Update 1350hrs

Top line is outside in the shade, bottom line is inside

Same again this morning, the mist is just starting to go. Temperature at 0935 is 25.8c, there is almost no wind. The IPMA forecast for this afternoon  is 34C, which is about 12C higher than the usual for the time of year. It will be a rather warm night, no lower than about 23 or 24c.

Tomorrow will be a little cooler at only 28C, on Friday the situation starts to get back to normal with some clouds around and maybe as low as a chilly 25C. The outlook for the weekend and beyond is for dry weather, a bit of cloud and daytime temperatures in the mid-20's. The nights will feel really cold, 15 - 16 C at best.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2014 at 10:51
No most this morning,just blue sky with a few wispy clouds. Temperature at 1050am is 25.4C, humidity 48% (that number from yesterday is inexplicably low) and there is a bit of a breeze.

This afternoon should see temperature rise to 28C.

Tonight will be warm again, 20C or thereabouts, then for tomorrow and Saturday much the same except perhaps a bit cloudier on Saturday. Further ahead, it looks like next week will be very pleasant with daytime temperatures in the mid 20's, no rain forecast.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2014 at 10:29
It's not quite as hot as yesterday, temperature at 1020am is 24.1C, blue sky with a few wisps again of high cloud and a gentle breeze. Forecast today is only 28C, so make sure you are wrapped up well if going out.

Tonight will be nice and comfortable, 20 or 21C. The weekend will be a little cooler, even so still with higher temperatures than the average for the time of year, Expecting 24 or 25C, some cloud but no rain.

You won't be surprised to hear that temperatures this past few days are among the highest ever recorded for late October.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2014 at 08:48
It's rather cloudy this morning, quite windy and more humid than recently. Temperature at 0845am is 21.4C expected to rise to 25C later. Still above average for late October.

It will stay cloudy all day. The radar is showing a few scattered showers to the north and a larger band of rain to the south. There's however only a slim chance of any coming our way.

Tonight will be reasonably warm at around 17C, Sunday and Monday will be much the same as today, perhaps a little warmer on Monday with less cloud.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2014 at 10:02
It's a cloudy day, feeling sightly damp but not actually raining. Still warm, temperature at 1000am is 22.4C. There is very little wind.

It will get a little warmer as the day goes on, the wind is from the east and it's expected to stay dry. Tonight will be a cool one, perhaps down to 16C as the days get shorter.

There's not expected to be much change in the weather for the next two or three days but beyond that clearer skies, some sun but starting to get low temperatures at night, 13 or 14C.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2014 at 10:26
It's a slightly misty morning here, rather damp and humid with it. Temperature at 1020am is 21.8C, so not quite as warm as yesterday. There is very little wind.

The sun is going to break through the mist later and we should get around 24C this afternoon, although it will still be a bit cloudy. The wind is once more coming from the south and east, so it will be a warm night at about 20C.  Tomorrow may be a little warmer than today but still with some clouds around, Wednesday is expected to have clear skies and temperatures of 25 or 26C, still well above the average 20C for this time of year. No rain is forecast for this week, things may change next weekend.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2014 at 10:23
It's very cloudy this morning and quite windy. The clouds are quite dark but high, so it won't rain. Temperature at 1015am is 21,5C.

Today is expected to remain cloudy but quite warm, reaching 24C this afternoon. Tonight will be less cloudy but still quite warm at around 19C.

The next couple of days will see the warm easterly and south easterly widns continue, temperatures will reach about 25C on Wednesday and Thursday, 19 or 20 at night. That's well above average for the time of year.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2014 at 09:00
I am now up in Coimbra, where the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's expected to be 26C today. Good job too as I am shortly off to explore the Roman site nearby at Conimbriga. A huge change in the weather comes here on Friday with heavy rain and 14C predicted. I shall be on my way back south then.

Albufeira from afar looks to be a cloudy day in an easterly wind. Maximum temperature 24C this afternoon.  It will be a nice night, 18 or 19C, then a clear day tomorrow and perhaps 25C followed by another cloudy day on Friday and 24C. No rain is expected. Those temperatures are 5 or 6 C higher than the average for this time of year.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2014 at 08:05
As Tom is up North, here's this mornings on the spot report

We have a 100% clear blue sky this morning & the temperature is just about touching 20 at 8am.
There's a moderate breeze from the east and the relative humidity is 78%
Clear skies are forecast for the remainder of the day & the max temp is expected to be 24.

Tomorrow is forecast to be very similar but with a little cloud.
Saturday will be cloudy & only 21.
There is the possibility of some rain on Sunday.

Night time temperatures are set to remain around the 18/19 level over the weekend.

Next week looks like getting back to something near normal with a mixture of sunshine, cloud and a possibility of rain on Tuesday.
Daytime temperatures will 21/22 and night temperatures could be as low as 11 or 12.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2014 at 08:29
It was indeed very hot here 'oop north yesterday, 27C in the afternoon. I was roasting, exploring all those Roman ruins. The pavement cafés in town were full at 5pm.

Today is set to be the same here, but a weather front is coming in from the Atlantic which will bring with  it a lot of rain and much lower temperatures from Friday.

The same front will have an effect on the weather down south as mentioned by Dicey but it looks like the Algarve will miss out on the rain until Sunday. Still, it might not be all that nice for anyone flying on Friday and Saturday with all the weather about in the centre and north.

IPMA says 24 for Albufeira today and tomorrow, 21 on Saturday and very cloudy.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 566>
  Share Topic